Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

It looks like I may have lost my Armoured Karuma and I've no idea what happened. Was in an invite only session doing my daily objectives, one was to destroy 20 vehicles. Cops blind eye, out with the RPG. Amid the destruction my Karuma caught fire, never got a message to say "your personal vehicle has been destroyed" etc. Couldn't get into the Karuma so headed off down the road and rang MMI. Sure enough the Karuma is listed, but it says some player (never heard of them) has paid the $6k premium for destroying my vehicle :confused:
    Fair enough, I try to claim the vehicle and then it says I don't have enough funds (I have a lot more than 6k in my account ;) ) and it tries to direct my to the PS Store. And it's just stuck like this, tried leaving / switching to a public lobby, still the same. In the words of a great man, WHAT DA FUUUUUDGE?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

TacoMan wrote: »
    It looks like I may have lost my Armoured Karuma and I've no idea what happened. Was in an invite only session doing my daily objectives, one was to destroy 20 vehicles. Cops blind eye, out with the RPG. Amid the destruction my Karuma caught fire, never got a message to say "your personal vehicle has been destroyed" etc. Couldn't get into the Karuma so headed off down the road and rang MMI. Sure enough the Karuma is listed, but it says some player (never heard of them) has paid the $6k premium for destroying my vehicle :confused:
    Fair enough, I try to claim the vehicle and then it says I don't have enough funds (I have a lot more than 6k in my account ;) ) and it tries to direct my to the PS Store. And it's just stuck like this, tried leaving / switching to a public lobby, still the same. In the words of a great man, WHAT DA FUUUUUDGE?! :mad:

Oh nooooooo. I assume you turned ps4 off completely and rebooted?

Maybe blow up a car your not fond of and try claiming them both back at same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

TacoMan wrote: »

This is why I have no sympathy for you. Glitcher scum!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

My sincere apologies tacoman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Any ps3 players about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

erkifino wrote: »
    Any ps3 players about?

Soon. Deathmagnet23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Soon. Deathmagnet23

Off now... Might be online later. Game is doing my head in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Any 360 lads moochin tonight?

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    My sincere apologies tacoman

We got him sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Am I really missing out with GTAV online for PS4?
    I bought the bundle for this game when it came out last year, but I haven't played online, expect for the weekend it was free. It didn't really interest me but when I go to my parents, I play it on my bother's PS3.. but he's more interested in it online.

I think I got a bonus $500k, too. I am pretty sure I joined the BoardsIE gang, too.. :S

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

PeteK* wrote: »
    I bought the bundle for this game when it came out last year, but I haven't played online, expect for the weekend it was free. It didn't really interest me but when I go to my parents, I play it on my bother's PS3.. but he's more interested in it online.

I think I got a bonus $500k, too. I am pretty sure I joined the BoardsIE gang, too.. :S

Im new enough to GTA online. Finished story mode in a few days and got bored straight away. Tried online and was hooked once I made a bit of cash and got levelled up. Story mode is like a boring drama and online is the action movie. Definitely worth playing, especially with the right group of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Still waiting on that email and rebate. Beginning to wonder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Jaggy wrote:
    Still waiting on that email and rebate. Beginning to wonder!

Same here. Never got anything back yet even though I done all of it before I bought the t20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Am I really missing out with GTAV online

Yes!!

I came to realise early on that Story mode is just training for the fun and mayhem of online!!

Get in with the crew on PS4 and get some money made (honestly or otherwise) and you'll be laughing. I imagine it'd probably be a bit frustrating at the beginning when you come up against the high levels in freeroam. But once you level up and get a few quid you'll be able to hold your own. I don't think I remember a game keeping my interest as long as GTA Online has (since Oct 2013, or whenever originally released on last gen). To be fair, that's probably mostly down to the crew members, both Xbox 360 and PS4, and the absolute carnage that can be caused in a matter of seconds. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

... get some money made (honestly or otherwise) and ...
    I'm listening... :p

Does levelling up make your life longer or anything.. or the same amount of bullets will kill a beginner compared to an experienced user way up on levels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Does levelling up make your life longer or anything.. or the same amount of bullets will kill a beginner compared to an experienced user way up on levels?

Yep, it does.

Once you are around level 120 or so (i think) you get the max health level.

One body shot of the heavy sniper will kill a low level.

It'll take at least two to kill a high level and thats not including armour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Get in with the crew on PS4 and get some money made (honestly or otherwise) and you'll be laughing. I imagine it'd probably be a bit frustrating at the beginning when you come up against the high levels in freeroam. But once you level up and get a few quid you'll be able to hold your own. I don't think I remember a game keeping my interest as long as GTA Online has (since Oct 2013, or whenever originally released on last gen). To be fair, that's probably mostly down to the crew members, both Xbox 360 and PS4, and the absolute carnage that can be caused in a matter of seconds. :pac:

Have to agree with frankee, crew members make the game. Headset is a must.

Check out the 'glitching friends' thread. There's usually a bit of money to be made, but you'll invariably need someone else to help you out so that's why it's good to have a few crew members as friends (also handy in freeroam if you're getting beat around!). Feel free to add me there, my PSN is in my sig.

• Advertisement

Have to agree with frankee, crew members make the game. Headset is a must.

Absolutely, headset is essential. Otherwise you just run around like Padraig in your pink Insurgent killing everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did the Prison Break heist with some randoms there. Everything going smoothly then the pilot instead of landing at the GIANT airfield right beside the prison to pick us up, lands about 200m away on a road.

Safe to say we were surrounded in seconds by cops and NPC traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Absolutely, headset is essential. Otherwise you just run around like Padraig in your pink Insurgent killing everyone.

He must be the ps4 version of Nero the Troll....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

J. Marston wrote: »
    Did the Prison Break heist with some randoms there. Everything going smoothly then the pilot instead of landing at the GIANT airfield right beside the prison to pick us up, lands about 200m away on a road.

Safe to say we were surrounded in seconds by cops and NPC traffic.

I'm sorry but any pilot who doesn't land in the Prison Car Park is an absolute noob :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Heh, I remember playing that finale for the first time with some random players who didnt have a mic and I didnt know what I was doing as the pilot.
    When I get the message from the contact to land anywhere for them, I headed to the prison and landed on the road outside, it went smoothly, no one died, plane didnt blow up, I took off and we went to the drop off point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just read the Humane Labs Raid is now double money and RP.

"Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in."

:P

EDIT: Confirmed by Rockstar. Lasting all week.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52469/2x-gta-rp-all-week-for-the-humane-labs-raid-july-20th/

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just read the Humane Labs Raid is now double money and RP.

"Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in."

:P

EDIT: Confirmed be Rockstar. Lasting all week.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52469/2x-gta-rp-all-week-for-the-humane-labs-raid-july-20th/

How perfect, I'm a mission away from the heist. Just have to deliver that damn EMP, which seems impossible with randomers so if any boardsies would like to help in a co-ordinated attempt, that would be great. Will give nice % in the heist to show my appreciation :D psn - LeDaveit

What's the payout on the Humane Labs heist?

What's the payout on the Humane Labs heist?

540,000 normal
    675,000 hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Anyone on PS3 fancy doing the Humane Heists?
    I can't host as I'v still not completed it. (Can't deliver EMP with randomers)

Have done the heist itself many times though.
    Easy money if we get a decent team together!!

Advertisement