Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Is it worth taking the plunge and buying a ps4 and gta v?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Niallfitz1

Thinks so the first person view is good plus the graphics is very good but that's what I think and it looks funny in first person view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

What view is everyone using for driving and on-foot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Can you confirm that you DO have to pay a PS Subscription, Like xbox, to be able to play online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Proco Jr. wrote: »

I'm using mostly first person while driving and 3rd person for on foot, although I do switch to fp for big gunfights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Did anybody lose anything after the online transfer?

I lost a motorbike from my garage!

I had a 6 car garage as part of my apartment for the bulk of my time in GTA:O
    About 2 months back I sold it and transferred myself to a new apartment that had a 10 car garage.
    I only ever added 1 new vehicle to that and it was a motorbike.
    After the transfer to ps4 I went into the garage and my 6 cars are there, but no motorbike :(

Ah well, was just some cheap bike that I stole and put a new paint job on, but I wanted to use it last night and it was gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just as long as you all know. There's also this thread here for "Next Gen" GTA http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057227312&page=16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Can you confirm that you DO have to pay a PS Subscription, Like xbox, to be able to play online!

Yep, my missus tried to use Online last night with her PSN that hasn't got a + sub and she wasn't able to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just as long as you all know. There's also this thread here for "Next Gen" GTA http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057227312&page=16

That thread would be more for GtaV single player, this one is for Gta Online.

If there is anything posted in the wrong thread, please report it. (although there will always be a small bit of crossover discussion as the different threads can be closely linked)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Proco Jr. wrote: »

First person for all so far... It's some craic some difference and makes it more interesting online especially when some one is beside u tryin to stick axes in ur back(daveyharte) just on a side note I love falling outta moving vehicles now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,884 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

TBH, I can't decide which camera to use for Online. FPS is a great laugh but sometimes I loose all sense of where crew members are and be running around in circles. I was driving around yesterday with one of the lads chatting away to him in fps. I look over and he's gone. He had jumped out of the car earlier (Musta been a smell off me) but I didn't even know because I was looking at the road. Someone asked already but is there an option to use FPS but pop into 3rd person when you get into a car? except bikes, bikes in FPS are brilliant. we need to have a crew sanchez race in FPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

sheehy83 wrote: »
    TBH, I can't decide which camera to use for Online. FPS is a great laugh but sometimes I loose all sense of where crew members are and be running around in circles. I was driving around yesterday with one of the lads chatting away to him in fps. I look over and he's gone. He had jumped out of the car earlier (Musta been a smell off me) but I didn't even know because I was looking at the road. Someone asked already but is there an option to use FPS but pop into 3rd person when you get into a car? except bikes, bikes in FPS are brilliant. we need to have a crew sanchez race in FPS.

You can configure the first person setting to have third person in certain situations, not sure about the car though. I have mine set to use third person when in cover

Did the character transfer from ps3 to xbox one and none of my cars carried over :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No option to switch to first person only when ads?

DarkJager wrote: »
    You can configure the first person setting to have third person in certain situations, not sure about the car though. I have mine set to use third person when in cover

I have that setting as well, very handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Anyone having trouble joining friends free roam sessions?? On PS4 and we just cannot get a lobby going at all, never able to join each others lobby :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble joining friends free roam sessions?? On PS4 and we just cannot get a lobby going at all, never able to join each others lobby :(

It's still fairly dodgy like that on the ps3 even. Try hosting a race or something and inviting them, then after the race all enter freemode. It's something we've done in the past which works more often than not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody having trouble getting into a session? I keep getting kicked back to single player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

keano25 wrote: »
    Is it worth taking the plunge and buying a ps4 and gta v?

In one word no.. Not just for gta alone anyway.

I got the bundle deal during the week an to be honest for the cost involved, the slightly better graphics don't make up for it.. you also have to pay to use online and I know a euro a week is not a lot but it still more than ps3!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

sean1141 wrote: »
    In one word no.. Not just for gta alone anyway.

I got the bundle deal during the week an to be honest for the cost involved, the slightly better graphics don't make up for it.. you also have to pay to use online and I know a euro a week is not a lot but it still more than ps3!!

I don't have a PS but if I did I'd certainly have PS+ for the 'free' games alone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Should have my copy today, looking forward to playing again! Anyone done this with the Dodo yet? Looks epic!

http://i.imgur.com/NvQdhJJ.jpg (using link as pic is pretty big)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

New to this - played the campaign on old gen but new to GTA online on PS4 - picked it up yest. username markcahill1985 on PSN if anyone wants to add!

Whats the best modes/most fun on online? Sorry for the noob questions!

New to this - played the campaign on old gen but new to GTA online on PS4 - picked it up yest. username markcahill1985 on PSN if anyone wants to add!

Whats the best modes/most fun on online? Sorry for the noob questions!

Moved your post into the Online thread. Sign up to the Boards.ie crew in my sig if ya like, easy way to find Boardsies/Irish online. As for online, just do the missions you get from characters who ring you. Once you level up and make some money, buy a garage or apartment to store your cars and have a home point to get back to if things get mental. Other than that, there are hundreds of missions, races, death matches, survivals, etc. I'd say just accept any job request you get and see what takes your fancy. When crew members are on, it's just usually free roam madness with a few crazy races thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Moved your post into the Online thread. Sign up to the Boards.ie crew in my sig if ya like, easy way to find Boardsies/Irish online. As for online, just do the missions you get from characters who ring you. Once you level up and make some money, buy a garage or apartment to store your cars and have a home point to get back to if things get mental. Other than that, there are hundreds of missions, races, death matches, survivals, etc. I'd say just accept any job request you get and see what takes your fancy. When crew members are on, it's just usually free roam madness with a few crazy races thrown in.

Nice one thanks Sheehy might cya online over weekend for a game or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Do yo have to do the intro mission with Lamar to start doing the low level jobs? Is there anyway of doing it if you skip the intro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Hey David, sorry man couldn't join last night, kept getting kicked back to SP so stayed in that for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Impossible to get into a game with any boardsies so far and loading a GTA Online game that I end up joining on my own takes ages as well. Bit of a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Hey David, sorry man couldn't join last night, kept getting kicked back to SP so stayed in that for a while.

Hey sheehy no problem atall man kept getting kicked myself every half hour I ended up trying to do jobs got kicked from them aswell hopefully all these bugs will get fixed soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this?
    And does anyone know if it works on Xbox one too?

Advertisement