Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

TacoMan wrote: »
    On at the moment, so whenever others get online we can give it a go.

I know it's been said a million times, but trying to do heists with randomers is pure torture. Had some eejit kill himself on the blades of the plane yer meant to steal in the second setup of Prison Break. :mad:

Hope ya told him he was doing it wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Good grief frankie, I was carrying on the joke from when you couldn't hear me in chat, you know me well enough by now.... ?Ÿ˜

I'm going to be honest and admit I thought you were just some pup acting...well, the pup...and picking on me. I also have to admit I don't recognise your Boards username v your PSN one, so this is rather embarrassing on all fronts from me.

Let's play a game to see if I can identify you....are you a fan of Mr Hoop's method of drinking tequila?

Also, if I am on tonight I would insist on the part being named the 'Party of Tremendous Power'. 'CamToePro' et al have worn thin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Will be online in a bit also. Only got back into this over the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

I'm going to be honest and admit I thought you were just some pup acting...well, the pup...and picking on me. I also have to admit I don't recognise your Boards username v your PSN one, so this is rather embarrassing on all fronts from me.

Let's play a game to see if I can identify you....are you a fan of Mr Hoop's method of drinking tequila?

Also, if I am on tonight I would insist on the part being named the 'Party of Tremendous Power'. 'CamToePro' et al have worn thin.

Blasphemy! CamToePro is a legend :pac:

Hope ya told him he was doing it wrong!!

I tried, but I couldn't be heard roaring over his Will Smith songs :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I am indeed the personage who had to leave the party after being told about the tequila!

monkeynuz wrote: »
    I am indeed the personage who had to leave the party after being told about the tequila!

Mmmmmarvelous! :D

I look forward to heisting with you this evening. If, indeed, we are let!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

GTA Online: Gunrunner update coming in June.

You buy underground bunkers, and looks like you make guns to sell.

IMG_0607.jpg

On the plus side it looks like there might be some interesting new vehicles.

IMG_0608.jpg

Full details:
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60211/First-Details-and-Screens-for-GTA-Online-Gunrunning

Looks similar to the CEO/Biker update, hopefully the above is some type of anti-hydra vehicle to destroy all the headwreckers who just fly around all day and leave the session when they crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Has anyone been watching any of the GTA Role Playing streams lately? Seems to be kicking off in a big way

Some of them are bizarre and funny as fcuk. There's a lad on Twitch (SheriffEli) who gets balls deep into it. He's a retired irl cop and takes the stuff so seriously it's just hilarious.

Good few big streamers starting to get into it too because it's becoming so popular. Lirik, KingGothallion, DrLupo... people like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Classypax is another good RP streamer on twitch. He's usually plays on that SOE server that Eli is on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Deluxe4 has some really funny rp videos up. Love watching him and the friendyexican is good too. Couple of videos where they rp together and they are brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I loved watching Rooster Teeth when GTA was first released.
    They would plan their own heist and go out to do it. A lot of the times they just f**ked about but it was hilarious stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

First time online in ages last night, must have spent 3 hours moving my garages around! I bought the garages in the Maze Bank, and they are unreal!

The 5 million bonus was nice too

Mc Love wrote: »
    The 5 million bonus was nice too

If only they made the goddamn Gold Jet and Gold Chopper free I could recoup some of the money spent on them. Only thing they're good for these days is blowing them up when Criminal Damage starts.

Started a few of the Biker businesses but there's no fun in it - if I wanted to run a business, I'd buy CEO simulator 2017! You should just be able to buy the businesses and and get a return from them.

Started a few of the Biker businesses but there's no fun in it - if I wanted to run a business, I'd buy CEO simulator 2017! You should just be able to buy the businesses and and get a return from them.

If you're short of a few quid there's a glitch going that restocks your coke business automatically. I've read you can make about $400k every 10 minutes.

Worst part of those biker businesses, maybe even GTA Online as a whole, is that annoying prat LJT. He never stops calling. I even shut down my businesses in the hope that'd he'd just shag off - fatal mistake - now he calls twice as often to get me to re-open the businesses. :mad:

If you're short of a few quid there's a glitch going that restocks your coke business automatically. I've read you can make about $400k every 10 minutes.

Worst part of those biker businesses, maybe even GTA Online as a whole, is that annoying prat LJT. He never stops calling. I even shut down my businesses in the hope that'd he'd just shag off - fatal mistake - now he calls twice as often to get me to re-open the businesses. :mad:

Wish I'd known that before setting up and spending all my money on the businesses!

This glitch worlds but not perfectly. I've done it a few times and made a bit.

You need to have two bars of supply at least in your coke factory.

Then start the steal supply's job, hang up on LJT and go find a new session. When you join a new one your coke product goes up half a bar but the supply stays the same.

Just repeat and you'll fill up the coke factory.

Sometimes the supplies disappear and other times I've been kicked and lost all product. So it's not full proof.

Takes me a lot longer than 10 minutes though. Then you've to try sell without some d*ck in a hydra blowing you up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

DubDJ wrote: »
    This glitch worlds but not perfectly. I've done it a few times and made a bit.

You need to have two bars of supply at least in your coke factory.

Then start the steal supply's job, hang up on LJT and go find a new session. When you join a new one your coke product goes up half a bar but the supply stays the same.

Just repeat and you'll fill up the coke factory.

Sometimes the supplies disappear and other times I've been kicked and lost all product. So it's not full proof.

Takes me a lot longer than 10 minutes though. Then you've to try sell without some d*ck in a hydra blowing you up.

You're shocking, money glitches and get millions from mods on last gen and now you're up to your old tricks. I feel sorry for the players with legit cash.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

It's tough though, I played the game pretty straight for the most part but now I find I can't afford any of the new content/cars/property etc. The result of which is that I play the game very rarely.
    Maybe I should have glitched while the glitching was good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I stopped playing GTA on PS4 altogether because of the insidious grind for content that just wasn't worth it. The game became more hassle than fun, especially the endless waiting for any heist crew to come along. Businesses that took more time and effort than they were worth. Spending 2 million on the best car only for a brand new one to be released a few weeks later.

I'm actually thinking of buying it again on PC but only because of the mods. Zombie apocalypse mods, Cop and "real life server" mods. Would never touch the base online mode ever again because of how Rockstar treated it. It became a mini cash cow so they just decided to pump all their time into making new stuff to buy. No stand-alone DLC (which EVERYONE wanted). No new heists or at the very least a bigger bump in money payments. They just switched off from GTAV once the half a billion a year revenue stream was guaranteed.

You're shocking, money glitches and get millions from mods on last gen and now you're up to your old tricks. I feel sorry for the players with legit cash.

A man's gotta make a living Dusty :) I've never actually gotten money from a modder, only time I've ever gone down dodgy road was with glitches.

The way I see it is, it's Rockstars way of giving us a way of making easy money after a new update drops so we can afford things.

Honestly, the last updated added a 4million car.

To be honest, if I didn't have my millions, i doubt I'd play at all

It is great being rich, but I'd trade it all for a little more.

Every update they've dropped recently has cost about 5 million just to get setup with whatever new building you have to buy and the upgrades.

You'd need to be playing flat out to buy anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I haven't money glitched since I got my $4.4 billion. Must be nearly a year ago now. I still have over $4 billion of it and I've bought just about everything.

Having no more money concerns completely changed the game for me. Lots more time to do other fun stuff.

Zanatoo

To be honest, if I didn't have my millions, i doubt I'd play at all

Definitely. The game would have been over a long time ago for me if I didn't have plenty of money - 3.5 years later and I'm still playing it, which is outrageous for me. The payouts are scandalous, particularly for the heists, so grinding to make your money legitimately would be absolutely horrendous. I like that I can just buy what I like, when I like, and then have actual fun in free mode or racing or whatever.

Edit: What Zan the Man said, though I took the more cautious route and went for the 640m bucks. Have just over 300 left, should really calm down!

I would never even dream of doing any deliveries without lagging out the session first. On PS4 go into settings on main PS4 menu, time & date, set the year forward one year, go back into GTA for about 3 seconds(the screen will be frozen), then go set your system date back to the correct year. Back into GTA and you'll notice everyone in the session has left. Might take a couple of tries if it doesn't work first time but no more than 5 attempts will have the desired result.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    It's tough though, I played the game pretty straight for the most part but now I find I can't afford any of the new content/cars/property etc. The result of which is that I play the game very rarely.
    Maybe I should have glitched while the glitching was good!

Louis will be back, he always returns, especially after an update drops ;)

I would never even dream of doing any deliveries without lagging out the session first. On PS4 go into settings on main PS4 menu, time & date, set the year forward one year, go back into GTA for about 3 seconds(the screen will be frozen), then go set your system date back to the correct year. Back into GTA and you'll notice everyone in the session has left. Might take a couple of tries if it doesn't work first time but no more than 5 attempts will have the desired result.

I had tried that twice, but game crashed and I lost all the product so I tried changing network settings and that worked, but caused the game loads to be crazy slow.

I seriously hope some of the new update stuff is anti-hydra weapons. I think it's the only mistake rockstar made with adding content, they should at least cripple it to make things better.

It's crazy lately, they literally leave the session or go into passive mode once they crash the thing, only to drive back down get another. I never understand how people can get enjoyment from the game like that.

• Advertisement

I had tried that twice, but game crashed and I lost all the product so I tried changing network settings and that worked, but caused the game loads to be crazy slow.

I seriously hope some of the new update stuff is anti-hydra weapons. I think it's the only mistake rockstar made with adding content, they should at least cripple it to make things better.

It's crazy lately, they literally leave the session or go into passive mode once they crash the thing, only to drive back down get another. I never understand how people can get enjoyment from the game like that.

The game crash has happened me a few times if I stay too long in the frozen GTA screen after the first date change. What I do now is slowly navigate back in the PS menu to set the date back to 2017 and it seems a better method.

As mentioned by Zan the other night, it would be perfect if R* implemented fully customisable lobbies: weather, cops on/off, time of day/night, no calls from LJT etc. I think there's something similar in Battlefield where you can "rent" a server. I'd gladly pay for this option in GTA.

Advertisement