Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

TacoMan wrote: »
    The game crash has happened me a few times if I stay too long in the frozen GTA screen after the first date change. What I do now is slowly navigate back in the PS menu to set the date back to 2017 and it seems a better method.

As mentioned by Zan the other night, it would be perfect if R* implemented fully customisable lobbies: weather, cops on/off, time of day/night, no calls from LJT etc. I think there's something similar in Battlefield where you can "rent" a server. I'd gladly pay for this option in GTA.

Thanks just tried again and it worked. I think I stayed too long in GTA, this time I just switched back after 1-2 seconds and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

As mentioned by Zan the other night, it would be perfect if R* implemented fully customisable lobbies: weather, cops on/off, time of day/night, no calls from LJT etc. I think there's something similar in Battlefield where you can "rent" a server. I'd gladly pay for this option in GTA.

Agreed - 'CamToePro' server FTW.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

DubDJ wrote: »
    I never understand how people can get enjoyment from the game like that.

Some men just want to watch the world burn..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Agreed - 'CamToePro' server FTW.

...and what a mighty server it would be!

...and what a mighty server it would be!

A fine server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The real fun is flying around in your Hydra in passive mode and making everyone paranoid.
    You start hovering near people and the rocket launchers come out.

Psychological warfare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I'd gladly pay for this option in GTA.

Well it looks like things might be starting to cost more in GTA...
    All GTA Online content is released for free, but players can buy optional Shark Cards to spend real money on items and vehicles if they don’t want to earn currency in-game.

“We are convinced that we are probably from an industry view under-monetising on a per-user basis,” added CEO Zelnick

Full article here.

The fear is the RDR2 is going to be expensive AFTER you've bought the game.

Zanatoo

The real fun is flying around in your Hydra in passive mode and making everyone paranoid.
    You start hovering near people and the rocket launchers come out.

Psychological warfare.

Must try this later.
    Scotty # wrote: »
    Well it looks like things might be starting to cost more in GTA...

Full article here.

The fear is the RDR2 is going to be expensive AFTER you've bought the game.

Zanatoo

Not with the awesome horse-duping glitsch that Louis will unleash 2 days after RDR Online becomes a reality ;)

Not with the awesome horse-duping glitsch...

ROFLMAO!!!!! :D:D:D

Not with the awesome horse-duping glitsch that Louis will unleash 2 days after RDR Online becomes a reality ;)

I wonder will we be able to dupe our wagons as well? Pearlescent matte finish and chrome wheeled wagons all round!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

DNF

No update today it seems, total meltdown going on over on gtaforums right now, funny.

Rockstar wrote:
    For heavy duty tactical operations on the move, arms dealers can invest in a Mobile Operations Center (MOC), the kind of powerful support usually enjoyed only by trained assassins or rogue nuclear states. Storable in your Bunker, this drivable command center’s modular construction allows for tailored combinations of vehicle workshop, weapons workshop, luxury living quarters, and command center – with facilities for upgrading and customizing your arsenal and modifying Weaponized Vehicles (including turrets for your MOC that can be manned by your squad) – all at your fingertips, and pulled by a fully customizable commercial semi.

This sounds great (and really really really expensive).
    get busy unlocking a range of optional upgrades including unique personal weapon modifications
    Hmmmmmm... interesting!

eaa39d2e111da0c8a48a31b63292aa9fad3d5831.jpg

Note the wings... will we be able to control this for long periods in the air???

Zanatoo

No update today it seems, total meltdown going on over on gtaforums right now, funny.

It wasn't really expected today though was it? They always announce the date beforehand and the discounts all end on Monday which means next Tuesday would be the expected date for release. I'd say we'll get the official date in the next day or two if it is the case.

Scotty # wrote: »
    This sounds great (and really really really expensive).

Hmmmmmm... interesting!

eaa39d2e111da0c8a48a31b63292aa9fad3d5831.jpg

Note the wings... will we be able to control this for long periods in the air???

Zanatoo

I'm guessing that mobile operations centre will probably cost around $8m as iirc this is the amount of GTA $s you get when you buy the most expensive shark card (let's forget about the $10m gold jet for now) - methinks the top end yacht cost something similar.
    It wasn't really expected today though was it? They always announce the date beforehand and the discounts all end on Monday which means next Tuesday would be the expected date for release. I'd say we'll get the official date in the next day or two if it is the case.

I agree, the double $ and RP on special missions ends on the 12th, so it makes sense that it drops the day after, which happens to be a Tuesday, the day when all GTA updates drop.

I also saw a picture of when the tunables get updated vs. the dlc release and 9 times out of 10 it's exactly one week in the difference. Tunables were updated earlier today.

The release date of the 6th was just wishful thinking by the great unhosed on gtaforums, funny watching them throw wobblers about it now. Some are fearing that it won't get released until the 20th and if that's the case they'll "NEVER PLAY GTA AGAIN!!!". Muppets.

wishful thinking by the great unhosed...
    :pac::pac::pac:

I also saw a picture of when the tunables get updated vs. the dlc release and 9 times out of 10 it's exactly one week in the difference. Tunables were updated earlier today.

What are tunables?

What are tunables?

Stats/values that can be changed like when they offer their "20% off all chrome rims" etc.

Stats/values that can be changed like when they offer their "20% off all chrome rims" etc.

You learn something new every day.

I thought you misspelled 'turntables', not that that would have made much more sense.

• Advertisement

June 13th date as expected. I've a feeling the flying bike alone will cost about 4 million. It's gonna be an expensive update.

The additional garage space in the businesses is really good! I've a Benefactor (Mercedes Garage). just need R* to release a few more Benefactor models, and a super's garage. In one of my other garages, is solely for Muscle cars and another one for Sports. Have one for all my vans too :D

What's the expectation here lads, will this update be good or what? Will we be able to drive the mobile unit thingy?

PS4 lads will know I never overstate things, but Gunrunners has the potential to make GTA Online the greatest game in the history of games. Phobos has already had three peddlers today in advance, FFS - THREE! And he's only awake since 2pm. And he's not going to train UFC for three weeks just to play this.

What's the expectation here lads, will this update be good or what? Will we be able to drive the mobile unit thingy?

PS4 lads will know I never overstate things, but Gunrunners has the potential to make GTA Online the greatest game in the history of games. Phobos has already had three peddlers today in advance, FFS - THREE! And he's only awake since 2pm. And he's not going to train UFC for three weeks just to play this.

I thought he had to be up for 11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I'm a bit sceptical of the update. I get the feeling it's a ' we need to draw people back to gta online but we've run out of ideas so we'll just blow the **** out of each other' update. Hope I'm wrong though. Iv took Wednesday and Thursday off work so I'll find out soon. Feck all xbone on anymore though

I'm a bit sceptical of the update. I get the feeling it's a ' we need to draw people back to gta online but we've run out of ideas so we'll just blow the **** out of each other' update. Hope I'm wrong though. Iv took Wednesday and Thursday off work so I'll find out soon. Feck all xbone on anymore though

When these updates come out everybody always comes crawling back. I just hope there's a lot more heavy duty stuff added. GTA Online needs more explosions. :D

Downloading the update now. Looks big enough. Took roughly 10 minutes to download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Downloading the update now. Looks big enough. Took roughly 10 minutes to download.

Hope iv my Xbox set to instant on :/

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

2 gb aparently. Id love to have it downloaded in 10 mins lol. More like 10 hours with my speeds.

Have herself updating it for me now while im in work so its done for when i get in.

• Advertisement

Update looks excellent and not too pricey.

DCMOJVSXoAAu-pn.jpg

DCMOJVSXoAAu-pn.jpg

DCMOJr8XYAAHV_a.jpg

DCMOKHAXkAAmN0G.jpg

320k for the mobile operations centre:
    DCMRD_qXsAACB-l.jpg

DCMSa8CXsAARiWk.jpg

Bunkers (11 in total):
    DCMPvOUXUAIwHmk.jpg

DCMOyv-XcAAHw2N.jpg

DCMOzTWWsAAzJ6A.jpg

DCMOzv5XYAE_0ZV.jpg

New Vehicles:
    DCMEV86W0AAZuRj.jpg

There are a good few hidden vehicles that will be drip-fed to us over the coming weeks.

It seems a lot of PC players are having their bank balances "corrected" after the update installs, meltdowns happening in the usual places.

Advertisement