Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Yup! They have 'tools' apparently :D

We have Phobos and Dedijon...they're the biggest tools around!

WAHEY! WA-HO!

:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I unlocked the SAM battery for the APC earlier. Adds a much more powerful rocket to the top with a better range. Only 60 rockets though but it seems like plenty to cause a bit of trouble. So far I've gotten two good unlocks, not camouflage.

Upgrades are mad pricey though, I was down to less than 1 million earlier. Horrible living the poverty life. Great update so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

We have Phobos and Dedijon...they're the biggest tools around!

WAHEY! WA-HO!

:pac:

Your words are like a knife to the heart :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Buzzed around in a session with Davey on the gun on my half-track. Great craic. I upgraded to the quad guns, serious machine. Can't wait to upgrade the APC like Zan's above. The wings on that bike are class as well. Also took the APC for a swim, good craic too.

How do the turrets on the MOC work? Can you fire them yourself or are they automatic if a bunch of talibans are after you?

One thing I will say is the update is more craic than I've had with many an update before it. I look forward to trying the new vehicles in free roam, bustin heads.

You'll need 3 players in the back of the MOC, there's a seat for each of the turrets.

Good craic last night doing the MOC mission, Bryan driving like a madman trying to escape the talibans while Davey, AJ and meself were in the back blowing the bollocks out of anything that was chasing us, good times.

Wouldn't mind playing it again later, a fine mission, albeit pretty confusing. As Bryan said, you have to buy the MOC to launch the missions, so you buy the MOC to do the MOC mission to get the MOC at the reduced price which you've just already bought at full price to begin with.... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

TacoMan wrote: »
    My least favourite part is they've patched the solo public session trick, really hoping someone discovers another way around it. Now I just keep switching session until I eventually land in one by myself. A right pain in the arse.

If you open a closed crew session limited to 2-3 crews would it not offer everything a public session does?

Zanatoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You'll need 3 players in the back of the MOC, there's a seat for each of the turrets.

Good craic last night doing the MOC mission, Bryan driving like a madman trying to escape the talibans while Davey, AJ and meself were in the back blowing the bollocks out of anything that was chasing us, good times.

Wouldn't mind playing it again later, a fine mission, albeit pretty confusing. As Bryan said, you have to buy the MOC to launch the missions, so you buy the MOC to do the MOC mission to get the MOC at the reduced price which you've just already bought at full price to begin with.... :confused:

Nothing to hack in that mission, then?? :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Scotty # wrote: »
    If you open a closed crew session limited to 2-3 crews would it not offer everything a public session does?

Zanatoo

Can only do supply missions and product sales in public sessions afaik

Should be on tonight and most of tommorow to do supply runs and those missions if anyones up for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Can only do supply missions and product sales in public sessions afaik

Yep that's the way it works from what I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Went on this morning after a good while.

Spent about 8 miliion between maze bank for the garage and the bunket and mobile centre.

Sold some cars and made 4 mill back.

Pity you cant sell the warehouses and garages ya dont need.

Also cars in storage having to ring mechanic each time is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Zanatoo

How many people do you need to successfully kick other players? You could try to keep kicking anyone who joins your session.

Spent about 8 miliion between maze bank for the garage and the bunket and mobile centre.

It's painful, also beware that cars in storage cannot be used in races.
    Kenjataimu wrote: »
    How many people do you need to successfully kick other players? You could try to keep kicking anyone who joins your session.

afaik it's around 3-4, but you can only kick a player every 10 mins or so. I've found once any randomers join a lagged session it'll start filling up within minutes

Zanatoo

Nooooo! You can become a CEO but you can't access the computer in your office for special vehicle cargo. I must try and see if it's any different for bunkers/supplies & research though.

edit: Just tried launching a Crew Only (4 crews) but no go, can't access the supplies computer in the bunker. Also, the Research/Stock/Supplies bars don't seem to be moving at all (although they move so slowly anyway maybe they are progressing)

All that modder money gone now? 😂

Need to stop blowing up poor randomers cars and you'll have no expenses at all.

DubDJ wrote: »
    All that modder money gone now? 😂

Need to stop blowing up poor randomers cars and you'll have no expenses at all.

Pot and kettle jew boy

With yhe price of stuff youd need to head to game stop with a balaclave for shark cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Is it possible to get into Online from the beginning these days? I hardly ever played it, think might have reached level 10, haven't even done any heists etc. Everyone is so far in front with so much more money and better weapons and cars, is there any point in even trying?

It's painful, also beware that cars in storage cannot be used in races.

Cars in storage where?

Cars in storage where?

If you buy a smaller garage any cars that dont fit in new one go into storage or if you buy too many cars and assign to 1 garage same thing

Pot and kettle jew boy

With yhe price of stuff youd need to head to game stop with a balaclave for shark cards

Get the Glynner fella back into Online, he use to attract the modders giving away the free cash. He was only short of chatting them up for a bit of free money :)

DubDJ wrote: »
    Get the Glynner fella back into Online, he use to attract the modders giving away the free cash. He was only short of chatting them up for a bit of free money :)

Cant get him off the division.

Hell have the odd game of CoD but thats it.

• Advertisement

Was doing dailies in an invite only session earlier this morning, and your Research bar does indeed keep filling, but you just can't do supply runs. Handy if you're going afk for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Nice day, wondering if anyone on this evening

Fast track research for 275k for a camo skin? Ask me swisser!:mad::mad:

(edit: I didn't do it, you can sort of see the shadow of the next researched item, so I'm leaving this one be.

(edit: I didn't do it, you can sort of see the shadow of the next researched item, so I'm leaving this one be.

Yeah the whole bunker suppies and research thing is a joke imo.

Yeah the whole bunker suppies and research thing is a joke imo.

It's a total con, and despite being somewhat rich I wouldn't be bothered fast tracking the research. The only ones I'm interested in are the Talibanistic Ballistic suit and the rockets for the roof of that new tank yoke.

The gun upgrades are a bit meh, the explosive rounds on the sniper are ok, but there's so few of them. Fun blowing up npcs with them but many times it's taken two shots to kill them :confused:

Pain in the arse having to go back to Optimus Prime to restock your new MK2 guns too :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I've read on Se7in Sins that if you restart the game it will give you a different research item each time even if one is already started. Haven't tried it myself.

Edit: Actually there's a bit more to it... you can read it here > https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/semi-controlled-bunker-research.1652043/

Pain in the arse having to go back to Optimus Prime to restock your new MK2 guns too :mad:
    Indeed. But, the explosive rounds (36) in the sniper rifle are fun!!

Zanato

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

I can't get the dlc games on the PS3. Nothing comes up on the PlayStation store screen. Any reason why?

cena wrote: »
    I can't get the dlc games on the PS3. Nothing comes up on the PlayStation store screen. Any reason why?

I think they've stopped the DLC on PS3/360? Not sure at what point they did that, though.

They stopped the DLC around the time of the freemode events update. No more for Xbox 360 or PS3 after that time I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

So I can't get the new gun running mission

Advertisement