Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just got back into this on PC. 4m to spend, have got the basics but no businesses or anything yet. Reckon I’ll start with the CEO buildings - Lombank(?) office building looks a decent one. Anyone know when there will be another 50% sale on property?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Just got back into this on PC. 4m to spend, have got the basics but no businesses or anything yet. Reckon I’ll start with the CEO buildings - Lombank(?) office building looks a decent one. Anyone know when there will be another 50% sale on property?

Probably not for a while yet. They usually only do mad sales like that just before a DLC so as to get you to spend all your money before the DLC comes out. It's a blatant attempt to push the player towards Sh*** Ca**s.

There are 25% off MC businesses off the moment, which you will need if you want to make a decent amount of money off the Nightclubs as it generates product based on what businesses you have set up. This includes cargo and the bunker as well though, not just your MC businesses, but those two take a decent bit longer to fill up. It is essentially free money though after you've paid for everything in the sense that there's no resupplying of those products as they just generate automatically over time.

In your particular case though, with four million, I'd say you're definitely better off going down the office route first, with cargo and i/e (vehicle warehouse), and then moving towards getting a bunker (fully upgraded). They do double $ on cargo and the like every so often as well. It does take a decent amount of grinding though.

I thought Maze Bank Office is perfectly fine as well. Think it's the cheapest as well, but there's little difference between any of them really. Like property in real life though, I guess it comes down to location, location, location.

Wilberto wrote: »

Probably not for a while yet. They usually only do mad sales like that just before a DLC so as to get you to spend all your money before the DLC comes out. It's a blatant attempt to push the player towards Sh*** Ca**s.

There are 25% off MC businesses off the moment, which you will need if you want to make a decent amount of money off the Nightclubs as it generates product based on what businesses you have set up. This includes cargo and the bunker as well though, not just your MC businesses, but those two take a decent bit longer to fill up. It is essentially free money though after you've paid for everything in the sense that there's no resupplying of those products as they just generate automatically over time.

In your particular case though, with four million, I'd say you're definitely better off going down the office route first, with cargo and i/e (vehicle warehouse), and then moving towards getting a bunker (fully upgraded). They do double $ on cargo and the like every so often as well. It does take a decent amount of grinding though.

I thought Maze Bank Office is perfectly fine as well. Think it's the cheapest as well, but there's little difference between any of them really. Like property in real life though, I guess it comes down to location, location, location.

I was searching all about it and both Lombank and Maze Bank West have quite a lot of property around it and easily accessible via the highway. I think the only difference between them is accessibility and the view tbh. I’d say I’ll just buy one of them today, they’re 25% off anyways. Save waiting for the 50%, which could be another while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Does anyone have any of their vehicles disappearing? My Ocelot Jackal and Albany Primo disppeared without trace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

So tried to play again tonight. The mass messages/calls/new content is a bit overwhelming!

Everyone has cool stuff I don't have anything :p

Sorry DubDJ I tried to help you with those by trying to ram them with my jet at the start. Being only lvl 23 my stats are still low. I think you managed to deal with them fine afterwards though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

IvySlayer wrote: »
    So tried to play again tonight. The mass messages/calls/new content is a bit overwhelming!

Everyone has cool stuff I don't have anything :p

Sorry DubDJ I tried to help you with those by trying to ram them with my jet at the start. Being only lvl 23 my stats are still low. I think you managed to deal with them fine afterwards though!

I only logged on to finish the hatchet challenge they added Friday. I got destroyed by the two of them for about half an hour. :D Thanks for the help though.

Next time you’re on I’ll join with you and try make you some cash. Plus, if your on Facebook keep your eye out for Rockstar livestreams. I made over 3 million just by having it on mute in the background and checking every now and then for the money drops. Easy money and you don’t even have to pay attention. Think they’re adding more streams week by week so you can buy yourself a flying car in no time :)

Do you’ve to be in-game whilst watching it? I presume cash drops you’d need to be? Or are they also rewarded offline, provided your account has been linked to Facebook

Do you’ve to be in-game whilst watching it? I presume cash drops you’d need to be? Or are they also rewarded offline, provided your account has been linked to Facebook

No you just load the stream up on Facebook though a laptop or the phone app and follow the steps in the pop up about linking your Facebook etc.

Every now and then a pop-up will appear on the stream with a claim button and 2 minute countdown to click it. You get a random amount each time. I’ve watched 3 of the streams. The first and last I only caught the last hour and made 1.6m between them. The 2nd one I caught more of and ended up with 1.6m from that single stream.

Once the stream ends you just log onto online and play for at least half an hour. Next time you play you get the screen saying you were awarded whatever you made.

I seen comments saying you get 5 drops altogether, 4 are random and the 5th is decided by the person streaming when to drop. I’ve gotten 50k drops to 500k which I think is the minimum and maximum amounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hey guys I need some help. In story mode in GTA 5 I can't seem to get all the special vehicles in my garage, just the elegy is the only option I have. Does anyone know how to get the rest? I played this on PS3 years ago and had them all if I remember correctly. I've read online that you have to have a social club account and play online and I've done that but it didn't work. Can't find info on this anywhere on the internet, very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

DubDJ wrote: »
    No you just load the stream up on Facebook though a laptop or the phone app and follow the steps in the pop up about linking your Facebook etc.

Every now and then a pop-up will appear on the stream with a claim button and 2 minute countdown to click it. You get a random amount each time. I’ve watched 3 of the streams. The first and last I only caught the last hour and made 1.6m between them. The 2nd one I caught more of and ended up with 1.6m from that single stream.

Once the stream ends you just log onto online and play for at least half an hour. Next time you play you get the screen saying you were awarded whatever you made.

I seen comments saying you get 5 drops altogether, 4 are random and the 5th is decided by the person streaming when to drop. I’ve gotten 50k drops to 500k which I think is the minimum and maximum amounts.

Why so much money given away in the streams? Considering you got 3 million which is fantastic which is probably €30 in shark cards

Any risk linking my FB account?

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    Why so much money given away in the streams? Considering you got 3 million which is fantastic which is probably €30 in shark cards

Any risk linking my FB account?

I don’t know but lately they’ve been giving away a lot of free cash just for playing the game. I’ve been getting random 250k amounts every now and then. They’re even giving some of the cars for free as well this week I think. No harm linking your account to fb really, unless your worries about your data being sold :)

I don’t know but lately they’ve been giving away a lot of free cash just for playing the game. I’ve been getting random 250k amounts every now and then. They’re even giving some of the cars for free as well this week I think. No harm linking your account to fb really, unless your worries about your data being sold :)

Probably been sold ten fold by Facebook already :) , more I don't want it posting stuff like currently playing GTA right now or other crap like that

As in 250k in a stream or just randomly? Got back into it the last 2 weeks and looking to build up cash again

Probably been sold ten fold by Facebook already :) , more I don't want it posting stuff like currently playing GTA right now or other crap like that

As in 250k in a stream or just randomly? Got back into it the last 2 weeks and looking to build up cash again

Don’t think they do anything like that, I’ve had nothing posted on mine anyway. And no they’ve been offering money to players who log on and play before a certain date and giving weekly rewards to those who do. That’s separate from the cash drops from the streams.

The latest update doesn’t have a ton of content to buy either, so not sure why they’re being overly generous with the free money lately.

Also figured out they send out tweets on Twitter about the Facebook streams also. Easy to activate push notifications on that since you can’t do it on Facebook (afaik).

Also figured out they send out tweets on Twitter about the Facebook streams also. Easy to activate push notifications on that since you can’t do it on Facebook (afaik).
    Yeah that’s how I’ve been finding most of the streams, they’ve been appearing as notifications on Facebook. I think they list the stream days and times on newswire as well when they release the new content every Tuesday.

There was a reward thing called the join tge guest list, I see you got bonuses with it most weeks, I was too late when it happened is there still a chance to join or did I miss that chance?

There was a reward thing called the join tge guest list, I see you got bonuses with it most weeks, I was too late when it happened is there still a chance to join or did I miss that chance?

No I think you had to play during that week or you missed out. It’s been mostly small amounts of 100k from that though so you’re not missing out too much.

I think there’s another Facebook stream today at 8pm Irish time if anybody wants to make a bit of free money. I’m not 100% on that time but like/follow rockstar on Facebook and keep and eye out for notifications around that time.

No I think you had to play during that week or you missed out. It’s been mostly small amounts of 100k from that though so you’re not missing out too much.

I think there’s another Facebook stream today at 8pm Irish time if anybody wants to make a bit of free money. I’m not 100% on that time but like/follow rockstar on Facebook and keep and eye out for notifications around that time.

I'll link my account after work and try it, cheers

Just linked it up there, I'll watch the stream later and see how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

How does it work ? the streams I linked up my account and stuff

• Advertisement

The stream seemed to be a bit dodgy tonight. I didn't get any drops for a while, and most of the comments said the same. It eventually start working though. Think I made about 750k, no big drops for me this time.

Got 900k like most didn't get the first till after the first hour,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Figured it out and get 850k from it , So since its been a while since I played what's the best thing to buy ? for making more money easily , I'm not going buying cars and stuff I regretted that the last time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Figured it out and get 850k from it , So since its been a while since I played what's the best thing to buy ? for making more money easily , I'm not going buying cars and stuff I regretted that the last time

Depends how much money you have. If you have about 3/4m you can get an office and a cargo or vehicle warehouse.

A buzzard is extremely handy as well. I think it's on sale at the moment as well. You can do Headhunter in between sourcing and selling cars for an extra (and easy) 20k. Headhunter is very easy in a buzzard.

When your sourcing cars though, there is such a thing as the 32 car "trick". Basically, there are 10 different types of Standard and Mid range cars to source and sell, and 12 Top Range. (Actually, it could be 12 standard and 10 top). If you manage to source and store each type, then you can just keep selling top range car and your next source car mission will always be that top range car. Exporting top range cars make the most money of course at 80k per car.

After that go for your bunker and try and upgrade it fully (security upgrade can wait).

Yeah the CEO garage with the vehicle warehouse is a great source of money. Bunker is another one for making decent money.

The biker stuff, crates warehouses and smugglers run hangar stuff isn’t as easy to make money. A lot more risk and sourcing is harder and just drawn out.

The easiest way of making money now is the nightclub, but you need to own 5 businesses to make money from it. But it’s the only business of the lot where you don’t have to do any work to make money, just sell the stuff and that’s it. No sourcing whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

There's a new weapon for Red Dead Redemption 2 that can be unlocked in GTA. You need to do 5 bounty missions for Maude (you'll get a text on your phone) then you get the "stone hammer".

Get 25 kills with the hammer and you get $25,000 GTA dollars and it will unlock in RDR2. Worth noting that the 25 kills can be NPC kills.

I had a great time killing a bunch of NPC mugs queuing to get into my nightclub. Popularity bar never dropped either :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is it mpossible to enjoy GTA online playing solo? I haven't really touched the online part of the game.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is it mpossible to enjoy GTA online playing solo? I haven't really touched the online part of the game.

No most stuff can be done solo except heists and certain jobs. I’d say about 90% can be done solo, but you can always recruit randomers to join with you for free mode stuff.

The biggest thing holding you back would be money, but worth jumping in and enjoying some of the online missions and heists, it’s very similar to story mode missions.

Ah balls, missed out on the last two streams there. Didn’t realise they were going on... I’ll grind out the last 800k or so to buy a bunker + Deluxo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Can get 300k instantly if you log in now :p

Advertisement