Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

So the rule is, kill anyone not in your crew even if they are on your side? :D

You were nearly right :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I think I might have killed a couple of the crew lads by accident yesterday afternoon. Sorry, I'd been on the Jamesons.

Not that that really makes a difference, I haven't a fucking clue what's going on most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,884 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't mind haning out in the crew and the odd cre member killing having a bit of craic but when you're trying to do something like make the Dukes film and someone keeps trying to blow up the Dukes car, then that just gets annoying. If someone is crew killing when it is 'unappreciated', then troll the guy with mass (online) murder til he/she quits or vote to kick. By the banter, you will usually be able to tell what kind of mood the crew is in :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

There is the odd time where crew members will have a sniping contest or pin a sticky bomb on the paused crew member but that's just having the craic.

Sometimes it's better not to be killing crew members though.

If anyone doesn't want to get into swapping kills, just mention it over the mics and we'll try to stop whoever is going a bit too far.

That's why having mics are handy, we can just say "Etcher, stop acting the bollix".
    And sometimes it actually works :D

Main thing is not to take a crew member killing you seriously. It might be by accident.

I've killed more crew members by accident than I've killed randomers on purpose . But that might be more down to me being crap. :D

(but there is no need for people going over the top either.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I don't mind haning out in the crew and the odd cre member killing having a bit of craic but when you're trying to do something like make the Dukes film and someone keeps trying to blow up the Dukes car, then that just gets annoying. If someone is crew killing when it is 'unappreciated', then troll the guy with mass (online) murder til he/she quits or vote to kick. By the banter, you will usually be able to tell what kind of mood the crew is in :pac:

Yeah, in fairness I spotted JohnnyReynolds with a bounty one night. He was crouching down behind a dumpster in a dark alley and I levelled him with the intention of sharing the bounty. His reaction told me I probably shouldn't have done it :pac: That's why I reckon mics are essential for crew shenanigans - if something is being coordinated then you'll know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Main thing is not to take a crew member killing you seriously. It might be by accident.

I've killed more crew members by accident than I've killed randomers on purpose . But that might be more down to me being crap. :D

I remember a lot of your "accidents"

Proco: Hey Max, let me see if I can land this plane on your Titan
    Max: No, I don think it.....*huge explosion*......Vendetta!!!! :mad:

Yes good point. If a crew member has a bounty on them, you can suggest that you can kill them and share 50% of the reward with them (that's what I'd do) but someone might be going for that achievement of 'surviving a bounty' or maybe they just doen't want to die at that particular moment. Mic's definitely come in handy for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Nice companions for daveyharte

Haha you take the one on the left il take the one on the right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Proco Jr. wrote: »

I have some serious finger slippage issues.

And that triangle button, must be a bit stuck or something :pac:

• Advertisement

I remember a lot of your "accidents"

Proco: Hey Max, let me see if I can land this plane on your Titan
    Max: No, I don think it.....*huge explosion*......Vendetta!!!! :mad:

Ah Max, if we don't try these things we'll never know if it's possible or not. :D

I have some serious finger slippage issues.

And that triangle button, must be a bit stuck or something :pac:

Oh look, etcher is the session...
    *sets car to passengers only*

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Yeah, in fairness I spotted JohnnyReynolds with a bounty one night. He was crouching down behind a dumpster in a dark alley and I levelled him with the intention of sharing the bounty. His reaction told me I probably shouldn't have done it :pac: That's why I reckon mics are essential for crew shenanigans - if something is being coordinated then you'll know.

Sorry again about that Frankie :D I did the same myself the other night. A guy with a bounty pulled up behind Davy and did nothing. I asked Davy did he know him, he said no so I blasted him. Half an hour later I realised yer man was BRDS, I never seen the crew ring behind the bounty skull. He was grand once he plugged in the mic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Guess this bodes bad for me, I always have bounties from stealing NPC's cars :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Good craic tonight with CJX & TAZ......

got kicked and couldn't get back in or send messages. Pain in the bollox

Haven't been one in a while, good to see the game busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I'm still having trouble online, I either get put in an empty lobby or get kicked from a populated lobby after about 30 seconds. Am I missing something here, surely they have fixed issues at this stage? I'm on Xbox One

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've had issues the last few nights so I've just done single player.

Hope to get into a few missions and level up online tonight though.

I'm blaming my connection though rather than a R* issue. (on PS4)

I'm really sorry Proco.....I just got my internet upgraded from 4mbs to 50mbs and it's costing 15 euro less :eek::D. This is totally GTA Online related :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Could there be a Christmas and Heists update be a nice little stocking filler for all online junkies

After decrypting the upcoming patch 1.04 for GTA V on PS4, it has been suggested that new DLC coming with the game’s update could be the Heist missions players have been touting for since GTA V first graced PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2013.

In addition, the data found points to some Christmas-themed DLC for GTA Online, so potentially we could be getting snowy weather and Santa costumes to give Los Santos a festive make-over.

In lieu of any formal confirmation (or patch notes) from Rockstar it’s always a good idea to take this latest Heists rumour with a sizeable pinch of salt. Rockstar has said however that we can expect Heists to launch across the platforms in an update following the new-gen launch of GTA V, so this new report would seem to fall in line with Rockstar’s own agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Too right, I am notorious for refusing to kill crewmates and friends, when I switch to PS4 you will all be in amazement of my moral core

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

I'm really sorry Proco.....I just got my internet upgraded from 4mbs to 50mbs and it's costing 15 euro less :eek::D. This is totally GTA Online related :)

PPPoe?

KeshFM93 wrote: »
    PPPoe?

15 quid a month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

15 quid a month?

think he mean which provider :pac:

think he mean which provider :pac:

I thought he wanted me to share out my Internet by hosting a remote site. ISP is vodafone, efibre 35 a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You must be really close to the cabinet? I'll have to enquire about getting my boosted

Mc Love wrote: »
    You must be really close to the cabinet? I'll have to enquire about getting my boosted

Im just about 100 yards from the cabinet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Im just about 100 yards from the cabinet

That's understandable so, lucky b_astard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Ok so finally had a good run of online mode last night and doing the PIlot lessons etc. I killed a guy on my team last night (At least I think he was, he wasnt red or white but a shade of pink?) Anyway the ass hat chased me arond te whole game killing me, stealing my car etc..Great craic

Which leads to my question, stealing cars, crashing cars, crashing other cars, whats the craic with it? Do I get charged? WHats the point of a garage or an apartment? Just a place I can store any cars I buy? (Again first time playing GTA since the very first one years ago so bare with me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

If you wreck a players car that is insured then you pay for it.
    Normally I get the ignition bomb put on my car when I am out and about so that if someone tries to steal it they go boom :D

• Advertisement

Ok so finally had a good run of online mode last night and doing the PIlot lessons etc. I killed a guy on my team last night (At least I think he was, he wasnt red or white but a shade of pink?) Anyway the ass hat chased me arond te whole game killing me, stealing my car etc..Great craic

Which leads to my question, stealing cars, crashing cars, crashing other cars, whats the craic with it? Do I get charged? WHats the point of a garage or an apartment? Just a place I can store any cars I buy? (Again first time playing GTA since the very first one years ago so bare with me)

Okay, so...

White dot = random player
    Pink dot = Random player who is starting to go mental killing people
    Red dot = Random player is gone fully mental and will most likely shoot you upon sight

Now, any of the above dots with a blue circle around the dot means they are on your consoles friend list.

Any with a Green circle (or what ever the crew colour is, Boards-ie is Green) around the dot means they are crew members.

Any dot with green and blue are crew mem bers on your friends list.

Hold the Touchpad to bring up the quick player menu. Here you can scroll down and set the permissions for your personal vehicle. You can set it to:

Locked - Only you can open it

Open (anyone can drive it) and Passenger (anyone can get in but can't drive it)

Crew/Freinds Open (crew and friends can drive it) and Crew/Freinds Passenger (Crew and friends can get in but can't drive it, locked to everyone else)

Destroying another persons car will instantly take money off you to cover their insurance. If someone takes your car, open your player menu and set it to locked to get them out of it. If you steal/buy a car you can get insurance and tracker for it in LSC Customs garage. If you own a garage, any bought cars will be delivered there and will automatically have insurance and a tracker. If you steal a car, drive it into your garage to have free insurance applied to the car and a free tracker fitted.

Well worth buying a garage just to keep your personal car safe.

Advertisement