Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Okay, so...

White dot = random player
    Pink dot = Random player who is starting to go mental killing people
    Red dot = Random player is gone fully mental and will most likely shoot you upon sight

Now, any of the above dots with a blue circle around the dot means they are on your consoles friend list.

Any with a Green circle (or what ever the crew colour is, Boards-ie is Green) around the dot means they are crew members.

Any dot with green and blue are crew mem bers on your friends list.

Hold the Touchpad to bring up the quick player menu. Here you can scroll down and set the permissions for your personal vehicle. You can set it to:

Locked - Only you can open it

Open (anyone can drive it) and Passenger (anyone can get in but can't drive it)

Crew/Freinds Open (crew and friends can drive it) and Crew/Freinds Passenger (Crew and friends can get in but can't drive it, locked to everyone else)

Destroying another persons car will instantly take money off you to cover their insurance. If someone takes your car, open your player menu and set it to locked to get them out of it. If you steal/buy a car you can get insurance and tracker for it in LSC Customs garage. If you own a garage, any bought cars will be delivered there and will automatically have insurance and a tracker. If you steal a car, drive it into your garage to have free insurance applied to the car and a free tracker fitted.

Well worth buying a garage just to keep your personal car safe.

All makes perfect sense nice one. I was wondering why there were so many white dots and very few Pink/Red. I assumed it was 15 v 15 but it all makes sense now. Finally..Cheers pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Friend will be a half blue circle (or dot/blip) crew will be half green circle. If I remember correctly.

So a quiet lad like Sheehy will be a green outer circle and a white inner circle.
    While etchersketcher will be a green outer with a red inner circle as he has probably gone on a rampage.

The mental state resets every so often so you'll eventually go back to a white inner circle.

If a crew member is in a plane, tank or chopper their blip will be a plane/tank/chopper icon.
    For some reason rockstar decided not to add the crew or friend colour while they are in these vehicles.
    So you might think a guy in a attack chopper is coming after you but it might be just a crew member. It'll take a while to get familiar with crew members names, just check for the boards tag in the player list to see if anyone in the crew is in the same session. Boards Crew tag is BRDS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Friend will be a half blue circle (or dot/blip) crew will be half green circle. If I remember correctly.

So a quiet lad like Sheehy will be a green outer circle and a white inner circle.
    While etchersketcher will be a green outer with a red inner circle as he has probably gone on a rampage.

The mental state resets every so often so you'll eventually go back to a white inner circle.

If a crew member is in a plane, tank or chopper their blip will be a plane/tank/chopper icon.
    For some reason rockstar decided not to add the crew or friend colour while they are in these vehicles.
    So you might think a guy in an attack chopper is coming after you but it might be just a crew member coming after you. It'll take a while to get familiar with crew members names, just check for the boards tag in the player list to see if anyone in the crew is in the same session. Boards Crew tag is BRDS.

Fixed that sentence there for you Proco ;)

Fixed that sentence there for you Proco ;)

Not at all, only a few days ago I arrived in a chopper to pick up Etcher/Randomfriend.

I did get thrown out of it though... Twice.
    His triangle button sticks doncha' know. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Sorry about the noob questions - only started playing online last night really - is there any easy ways to make some quick cash? I have robbed a few stores but only get about a grand a go! Only a level four at the moment! Any suggestions appreciated ;-) Also how do you join a friends online game? Just by looking at their profile on the actual ps4 console screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Not at all, only a few days ago I arrived in a chopper to pick up Etcher/Randomfriend.

I did get thrown out of it though... Twice.
    His triangle button sticks doncha' know. :D

I think you died the 1st time from the fall :pac:

I think you died the 1st time from the fall :pac:

I died from shock because it was so out of character from you to do such a thing... :pac:

I hate both of you so very much because I am missing all this :( We used to be a PS3 team damn it!

Get a ps4 then!

Sorry about the noob questions - only started playing online last night really - is there any easy ways to make some quick cash? I have robbed a few stores but only get about a grand a go! Only a level four at the moment! Any suggestions appreciated ;-) Also how do you join a friends online game? Just by looking at their profile on the actual ps4 console screen?

Sell a car like the oracle, or an ocelot to LS Customs for a free 8k once an hour.

You can sell most any car that isn't an emergency vehicle, utility, sports or a super car you find on the street, a few jeeps and SUV's are worth 6-8k as well.

Otherwise, doing missions is the easiest way to make quick money :P

• Advertisement

Sell a car like the oracle, or an ocelot to LS Customs for a free 8k once an hour.

You can sell most any car that isn't an emergency vehicle, utility, sports or a super car you find on the street, a few jeeps and SUV's are worth 6-8k as well.

Otherwise, doing missions is the easiest way to make quick money :P

So Rob a car and sell it? FFS here is me trying to make money by learning to fly :D

I really have no clue about this the more I think about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

So Rob a car and sell it? FFS here is me trying to make money by learning to fly :D

Hint: This is GTA, you're supposed to be a career criminal, man!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

The races annoy me so much >:( I get into big lobbies with around 16 players and granted I don't win every time, still I do finish second or third, which out of 16 people isn't bad but it ruins my races won to lost record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Youre not alone pal - im cluseless as well - havent a notion on most things you can do

If I remember right, in the gta start menu, go to "online" and then "join friends"

Races and missions will get you cash and rp.
    Sometimes a gang of us will do race playlists.

Missions are probably better for guaranteed cash as it's evenly distributed .

Starting out racing can be kinda hard as everyone will have better cars than you and you get paid less the further down you finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,884 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Also, go to job list in the start menu and look for a Survivor game. Here you have to survive 10 waves of enemies and you get 20k (last time I checked) for beating round 10. Easy enough once you have 3 crew members as ye can make up a strategy and defense/attack points. Do a few of them in a night for a nice bit of cash. Wouldn't mind doing one myself, haven't done them in ages.

What lower level crew members should do is start doing as many missions as they can together. A lot better craic when you can have the chat with someone while doing them as opposed to grinding out missions with silent randomers.

When you finish a mission it will take you to a job selection screen, there will be a green tick on some of them if you have done it before.

Handy if you want to keep doing different missions.

Youre not alone pal - im cluseless as well - havent a notion on most things you can do

I dont feel so bad so...Compared to FIFA or Battlefield I feel like an 80 year old who is clueless in technology trying to work out how to go "On the line" for the first time :D

Hint: This is GTA, you're supposed to be a career criminal, man!

Youre a marked man Frankie, going to unleash the mother ****ing fury* on you if I see you online :D

*With my 1 pistol and ford focus

What lower level crew members should do is start doing as many missions as they can together. A lot better craic when you can have the chat with someone while doing them as opposed to grinding out missions with silent randomers.

When you finish a mission it will take you to a job selection screen, there will be a green tick on some of them if you have done it before.

Handy if you want to keep doing different missions.

Good idea, I think the two Newbie Cork biys, myself and Mark should stick together :D

• Advertisement

Good idea, I think the two Newbie Cork biys, myself and Mark should stick together :D

I'll join ye whenever I have my second character in use. He is around level 30, I must start grinding some rp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hurrah, broadband at home seems good enough to get back online, tried last night and this morning so all the invites and missions I couldnt do the last few days, I should be able to join ye all tonight for a few hours about 10 or 11pm.

Got through nearly 95% of all the main missions in the last few days playing SP, time to get back online and f**k some s**t up. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

How does the Duke Duponte handle? It was one of the cars I liked driving most in IV, just wondering how the new driving style of V effects (affects?) it.

How does the Duke Duponte handle? It was one of the cars I liked driving most in IV, just wondering how the new driving style of V effects (affects?) it.

The Dukes in GTA V is a brilliant laugh, nice and slidey with good proper muscle power. Faster than I thought it would be. I used it in the Boards Dukes clip below, you can have a look to see how it drives (when not flipping through the air). Definitely made me want to buy one and add it to my garage.

Get a ps4 then!

I have a few personal problems, I should really talk with someone about them but I cant, one of the problems is gambling. While I do have it under control, sometimes I get carried away and that happened last week.
    I tend to bet big when playing Black Jack and I was up quiet a lot of money but lost about half of it, thats when I knew to just pull out and be happy with my winnings, which was more than what I started with anyway.
    So now I have like €500ish, probably more, to spend on whatever I want but I am holding off on getting the PS4 until after Christmas in case I somehow magically ended up on the Nice list.
    If I dont get one then I'll probably get one in the New Year Sales though I am still debating whether its worth it for just 2 games. GTA and Destiny and maybe even WatchDogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The Dukes in GTA V is a brilliant laugh, nice and slidey with good proper muscle power. Faster than I thought it would be. I used it in the Boards Dukes clip below, you can have a look to see how it drives (when not flipping through the air). Definitely made me want to buy one and add it to my garage.

I watched the video already, it's very good but watching a video generally doesn't give a good idea of how something handles. I have one spot in my garage left, was considering getting another super car but now I'm not so sure.

Will have to wait until I can afford to upgrade to next gen, if I do decide to get it. Thanks for the heads up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Youre a marked man Frankie, going to unleash the mother ****ing fury* on you if I see you online :D

*With my 1 pistol and ford focus

Haha, bring it! :pac:

throw me a request when you're on, I'll do a few missions with you. (And douse your car in petrol and set it ablaze).

Frankie_5Angels

Do ye ever organise car meets? I'm new to the GTA section of Boards so I'm not sure about anyones interests. I've just seen people do them and it looks like a bit of a laugh. :)

JDM Jack wrote: »
    Do ye ever organise car meets? I'm new to the GTA section of Boards so I'm not sure about anyones interests. I've just seen people do them and it looks like a bit of a laugh. :)

Yupp, done a few times with pics posted in the pics and vids thread. You just have to post if you wanna do a meet and see who bites. Whether its just to take pics or go cruising around the map, good laugh.

• Advertisement

Yupp, done a few times with pics posted in the pics and vids thread. You just have to post if you wanna do a meet and see who bites. Whether its just to take pics or go cruising around the map, good laugh.

I joined the Boards crew today so once I have more time during Xmas hols ill have to get on it more and get to know some of the lads, maybe bring my 'ole Hakosuka out to a cruise :P
    The cars look nicer in next gen to be fair.

Advertisement