Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Jaggy wrote: »
    How does it work? Whole server snows the whole time or is it just a downfall? Interested to see it!

Logged on and could see feck all with the cloud to the ground, snow arrived on the ground then at the sides for a short time then cleared and sun came out and snow disappeared. I'd say closer to Christmas the snow will get heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

keano25 wrote: »
    Just had my first bit of snow online, looks class

It's snowing already? Sweet! I missed it last year due to returning to the technology reception black spot that is home home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

jackrussel wrote: »
    It's snowing already? Sweet! I missed it last year due to returning to the technology reception black spot that is home home

That'll be my christmas again this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm terrible at knowing what most of the cars are in the game though!

Only ones that I'm really certain of are the higher end ones like Bullet, Coqette, Adder, Zentorno etc.. The rest are a blur. When I see the names of the cars that Simeon wants, each time I log in, I have no clue what they are.

I guess I could open the social club site and keep the picture of the car I want up on the laptop haha!

On another note, the snow is here? Must check it out later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm terrible at knowing what most of the cars are in the game though!

Only ones that I'm really certain of are the higher end ones like Bullet, Coqette, Adder, Zentorno etc.. The rest are a blur. When I see the names of the cars that Simeon wants, each time I log in, I have no clue what they are.

I guess I could open the social club site and keep the picture of the car I want up on the laptop haha!

On another note, the snow is here? Must check it out later :D

The only ones I have difficulty telling apart are the SUVs and the Bolokan v Maibatsu.

I've a bit of a problem when it comes to the cars in the garage, keep changing them, so I know more or less all of them. The third garage should keep me sweet for a bit though.

• Advertisement

The only ones I have difficulty telling apart are the SUVs and the Bolokan v Maibatsu.

I've a bit of a problem when it comes to the cars in the garage, keep changing them, so I know more or less all of them. The third garage should keep me sweet for a bit though.

Yeah, I might try re-shuffle my garage, see if my brain can learn to distinguish between the sea of similar saloons :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I hate those texts from Simeon, wish there was a way to opt out of them.
    I normally google the cars if I want to do the mission otherwise I usually jack a car and I get a message saying Simeon wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Jesus, what a bunch of miserly pricks. It's a few k, not as if you were glitching millions.

Very cranky for a man who had 2 garages full of glitched adders:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Very cranky for a man who had 2 garages full of glitched adders:D:D

An absolutely scurrilous statement, I demand you retract it immediately before I report your post to the mods.

It was full of chromed-out Buffalo S's's's (before you could buy them online). :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

I hate those texts from Simeon, wish there was a way to opt out of them.
    I normally google the cars if I want to do the mission otherwise I usually jack a car and I get a message saying Simeon wants it.

They're annoying, as are the squealing "Hi, this Ron from TPI" calls.

I wish he could hear my "Yeah, fcuk off Ron!" reply to every call :pac:

I ignore those Simeon texts too. Are there missions to get those cars, or is it just grab the first one you see, lose the cops and get it resprayed/delivered?

• Advertisement

TacoMan wrote: »
    Are there missions to get those cars, or is it just grab the first one you see, lose the cops and get it resprayed/delivered?

they're the grab one from the street ones. i usually ignore them. just thinkin about it now, i probably shouldnt. good few quid, undamaged, for less than half the time of a mission

They're easy money until you get the special request.
    You would be lucky to get that to the docks without it being damaged or destroyed by other players, normally higher levels who just dont want you to get the cash

They're easy money until you get the special request.
    You would be lucky to get that to the docks without it being damaged or destroyed by other players, normally higher levels who just dont want you to get the cash

not the HPV cars, the other ones he texts you about. theres 3 different lists. he texts you as soon as you join a session. the other players wouldnt be chasing you for the car, for your kill maybe but not the car

destroyed by other players, normally higher levels who just dont want you to get the cash

heheh,

ahhh, good times

heheh,

ahhh, good times

When I spot someone has taken the HPV I hop in a helicoptor and head south. Stashing the helicoptor out of sight I then block the entrance to Simeon's garage with a stickied car, leg it across the road and climb the adjacent dock machinery.

When I see the HPV entering the dock area - off the radar -. I watch the poor sap through my sniper scope as he approaches, totally clueless of what awaits him. He hops out of the car to remove the obstacle in his path, then....BOOM!

If the sticky doesn't take out the HPV, out comes the RPG to finish the job. He respawns in a fit of rage as I send him a simple "LOL" text message.

Then I give Lamar or the mercenaries a shout, and this will usually give me enough time to run back to the helicoptor and head off into the sunset, laughing my ass off down the mic.

I'm just glad there's no Bad Sport rating for destroying HPVs

Good times indeed :D

Yeah thats what I do too :D

Although having had to restart a new character, I try my best to make it to the docks in 1 piece lol

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Anyone else have any issues actually killing players?

It's happened to me repeatedly over the past few days, it taking 3 heavy snipers rounds to kill someone. Emptying full clips into people only to have them fall over and seem like they're dead, then all of a sudden I die by their hand. Whereas on my screen they're still lying on the ground. Emptying Assault shotgun clips into people and nothing happening. Is this just connection issues or what?

Speaking of Simeon, tried to deliver a bike earlier and when we pulled up to the garage I could hear the guy commenting as he always does, except the garage door doesn't open and you can't drop it off.

Game is broken as ****.

Sounds suspicious, could this be modders/hackers at work with their God Mode crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

That happened to me in a DM today, shooting huge amounts of bullets at players and they wouldn't die, like they were modders but I don't think they were. I was in a DM last night and there actually was a modder, level 500 glitching all over the place and not dying when hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

The online section of this game is pathetic, never works how it is supposed to. I am seriously considering trading in the game while it still holds value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

250k challenges working again on ps4 ya can do it 4 times on each character...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone having issues logging in with their character? I transferred mine from PS3 weeks ago but it looks like it's disappeared now.

Mine seems lost, first got message saying I had to do the prologue. Which I had already done.

I can select my online player by holding down and selecting it but when it loads it gives me the character transfer option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Jaggy wrote: »
    Anyone else have any issues actually killing players?

It's happened to me repeatedly over the past few days, it taking 3 heavy snipers rounds to kill someone. Emptying full clips into people only to have them fall over and seem like they're dead, then all of a sudden I die by their hand. Whereas on my screen they're still lying on the ground. Emptying Assault shotgun clips into people and nothing happening. Is this just connection issues or what?

Speaking of Simeon, tried to deliver a bike earlier and when we pulled up to the garage I could hear the guy commenting as he always does, except the garage door doesn't open and you can't drop it off.

Game is broken as ****.

The game was a bit broken last night with that type of craic.

Myself, Bryan & Niall were after a guy, he was only mid 20's level wise.
    He was glitching around like if he was lagging all over the place.

It was very difficult to kill him but we were managing a few kills.
    NPC cars were speeding around, spawning randomly or crashing into other cars.

250k challenges are back!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

For online or story mode?

For online or story mode?

mutley18 wrote: »
    The online section of this game is pathetic, never works how it is supposed to. I am seriously considering trading in the game while it still holds value.

I think you should.
    Bye, Sweet prince, we'll miss your input...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I think you should.
    Bye, Sweet prince, we'll miss your input...

Did I hurt your feelings for calling a glitch filled game pathetic? Jesus Christ get a grip.

Mod: Ok guys, cut it out.

• Advertisement

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    250k challenges are back!!

Thank you oh bringer of good tidings, on this, the holiest of all seasons! :)

Ah, I mean Cheers! :pac:

Whoops, I just noticed Danny mentioned it first :P

Thanks Danny :D

Advertisement