Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Another update file this morning.

HEISTS..

Just joking, I'm sorry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,878 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Keano's banned

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Is there actually an update file though? WHats it for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,878 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like the update is for stability issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Just started playing online the last few days,

On level 11 so far but can't get anyone to do missions with me to make some money, cant afford property yet so keep getting spawned out back-o-beyond, what the best way to make some moola, what are these 250k races Im reading from the last few pages??

Sell a Baller every 45 minutes ($9k). Do every mission offered by other players. Set your spawn to 'last location'. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Set your spawn to 'last location'. ;)

Really?

Thats bound to get you in the Danger Zone!!

There was a lot of glitching yesterday at the mountain by the air base, basically people with bountys were able to hide inside the mountain, so probably small fixes like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

keano25 wrote: »
    There was a lot of glitching yesterday at the mountain by the air base, basically people with bountys were able to hide inside the mountain, so probably small fixes like that.

Seen that actually in the lobby I was in late last night.

I managed to get my online bounty trophy pretty easy few days back, got a bounty for stealing a car.

Got a chopper and headed to the top of FIB building, que people turning up to my location on car, not being able to get to me, it was mainly a lobby of lowish level guys so got away with it, eventually about 10mins into it a guy gets another chopper and flies to my location but I managed to kill him.

Got in my chopper and flew up to the top of Mount Chilad, seen out another 15,20mins out there before the trophy popped, took the easy way out but all the guys on the map were fighting downtown.

Morale of the story, go hiding when you have a bounty :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »

Morale of the story, go hiding when you have a bounty :pac:

Where is the fun in that?

I love getting on the train and having them chase me.
    I remember one guy was in a chopper and trying to use the blades to kill me, didnt see the tunnel up ahead :D

Was hilarious!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Not sure if this is a PS4 glitch/bug but I started a Crew Only session last night to see if I could get crate drops, none appeared. The session spawned HPVs on a constant basis though.

I'd deliver one and straight away head off for another. I've never seen HPVs spawn so regularly on the PS3. Even if the HPV was a low value car, I threw a sticky on it, detonated it, then another HPV would appear in less than a minute. The prices vary on the cars, but it was a good way of making some cash.

There were a good few armoured trucks spawning too, each dropping an average of 10k (minus the 600 to lose your wanted level).

I remember one guy was in a chopper and trying to use the blades to kill me, didnt see the tunnel up ahead :D

Was hilarious!!

I'm a coward alright :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Was hilarious!!

Sounds like a die hard film, legend.

My own favourite incident with a chopper was when two lads were fighting it out down the docks, killing each other. I flew a chopper down, left it in the middle of the docks and legged it. Watching them through the sniper scope, one lad killed the other and headed for my chopper, checked it out for a few secs and made his getaway....until I detonated the sticky on the tail :pac:

The new rocket launcher makes it simple to deal with choppers. Which is a pity because it's my main way of transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Off to Longford today. No more Gta for me until next week :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Off to Longford today.

The real-life equivalent of the bad boy servers :D

The new rocket launcher makes it simple to deal with choppers. Which is a pity because it's my main way of transport.

They're very handy for Survival too.

Tried to take out a guy in a race when I was 2nd and stopped on the line got it to target him and missed :o

I agree, when I read about it I just thought that this would mess things up.
    Its too easy now to get someone in a chopper from the ground and also if someone is in a car :(

I do like the proximity mines, especially when being chased by someone or in a GTA Race :D

No more having to guess when to let the bomb go boom.
    Would be great in Proco's Taco Van race ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I agree, when I read about it I just thought that this would mess things up.
    Its too easy now to get someone in a chopper from the ground and also if someone is in a car :(

I do like the proximity mines, especially when being chased by someone or in a GTA Race :D

No more having to guess when to let the bomb go boom.
    Would be great in Proco's Taco Van race ;)

as if the taco van race wasn't hard enough lioke :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

The real-life equivalent of the bad boy servers :D

GTA Longford, I'd buy it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Was hilarious!!

Aye, Bounty Train is a good game alright. :D

So I am reading up on my new xBox, I've set it up already and played through the prologue of GTA so that I can start online and also tried out Destiny.
    Anywho, I've learnt that I can actually run the PS3 through the xbox and play games so I can have both connected now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

From single player to online is taking so long, longer than it ever was on PS3. It's the same when you come back out of the jobs to free-roam.

Also, if anyone is interested, http://www.cdkeys.com/ have xbox gold and PSN for good value.
    Playstation Plus for the year is €44.59 and Xbox Gold is €34.40 for what seems to be 13 months

Oh and if you like then on FB you get 5% off, seems a good deal, they even have games you can buy

If anyone still has the aldi/Lidl 10e off 50e coupons, go into tesco with them and buy your ps+ sub and get a tenner off.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    If anyone still has the aldi/Lidl 10e off 50e coupons, go into tesco with them and buy your ps+ sub and get a tenner off.

Tesco every little helps :D

Farty88 wrote: »
    Tesco every little helps :D

I bought 100 euro worth of gift cards out of tesco and used a 20 euro off a 100 euro aldi coupon. :pac:
    Must check if they've any good deals in ps4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I bought 100 euro worth of gift cards out of tesco and used a 20 euro off a 100 euro aldi coupon. :pac:
    Must check if they've any good deals in ps4 games.

Not too bad say if you worked there ya wuda got an extra €10 off aswell with a privilege card ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

This morning I feel quite traumatised, I got gang raped (metaphorically) by about three or four random guys, who were having a big fight. I tried kill one who had a bounty and they all came after me. I even tried the wall breach near to where I was and the clever pr*cks put sticky bombs on another guy who was in passive mode and he climbed up and, well, yeah... Usually, I really care about keeping things even if not one over, so I was freaking out that they'd killed me about 30 times!

Moral of the story, don't break up fights :P Also, leave a session if you're being physically assaulted (more than 10 times, by more than 3 people)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So I am reading up on my new xBox, I've set it up already and played through the prologue of GTA so that I can start online and also tried out Destiny.
    Anywho, I've learnt that I can actually run the PS3 through the xbox and play games so I can have both connected now :D

It will lag behind the picture a tad bit with the latency, its not as quick per button press as it would be through its own HDMI slot on the TV, bout a MS behind....

If I had a digi box I would put it through it, if not I'd maybe use an Android dongle or something....

(If you haven't got a "smart" tv)

Then again, the Xbox does most apps and media stuff better than the competition's....

Advertisement