Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I remember doing some deathmatches that were just no weapons, only fists, kinda boring but it helped build up my strenght.
    Look for a Fight Club deathmatch, its a player created one.

Otherwise play some Golf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Swimming builds up your lung capacity, going around punching people builds up strength.

I bookmarked a funny team deathmatch (F's Mansion Madness) which sees two teams of 4 running around Franklin's mansion punching the heads off one another for 10 minutes. No guns, just fists!

A few rounds of this should build up the strength. I'll launch it later if anyone's around.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Quite the musical experience last night. Aside from davey's usual croonings, we were treated to the 'Korn' version of 'If you leave me now'. Interesting. :eek:

A few of us gave this tune a wee rendition too, much to the annoyance of our American counterparts and some little English lad :pac:

Digging Digging diedle doooo tune in tonight for the rendition of hall of fame by the script we're doing the linkin park Adele version shud b amazeballs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

TacoMan wrote: »
    Swimming builds up your lung capacity, going around punching people builds up strength.

I bookmarked a funny team deathmatch (F's Mansion Madness) which sees two teams of 4 running around Franklin's mansion punching the heads off one another for 10 minutes. No guns, just fists!

A few rounds of this should build up the strength. I'll launch it later if anyone's around.

There's nothing funnier than melee only deathmatches, 16 people just charging and beating the **** out of each other with baseball bats and golf clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Does anyone actually play vehicle death matches?I got 1 with tanks but wasn't sure if you can have other vehicles??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

djflawless wrote: »
    Does anyone actually play vehicle death matches?I got 1 with tanks but wasn't sure if you can have other vehicles??

There's another one with fighter jets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Here, I can't join any of you lot from my friends list any more, says one of us hasn't finished the game tutorial yet..

Makes sense hai, I've a lv 150 character and platniumed the game, but haven't done the tutorial... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Here, I can't join any of you lot from my friends list any more, says one of us hasn't finished the game tutorial yet..

Makes sense hai, I've a lv 150 character and platniumed the game, but haven't done the tutorial... :pac:

Sounds good. At lv 150 you'll be set up with a hangar. During the tutorial you can stroll into zancudo and pick up whatever you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If you want to build up strength, golf is quite good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Another glitch it seems. Not sure how reliable this is. Anyone test it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=349clOawzPE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Was it just me or was GTA Online more or less broken last night?
    1. I couldn't run more than a few steps at a time.
    2. There was a car buried in the tarmac with only the roof showing, though after a few boardsies stood on the roof it suddenly spawned on the top of the tarmac where it should be and drove off. (I did take a photo of this but is's not showing in social hub for some reason?)
    3. I did a Survival mission to get me up to level 23 but when I came out of the mission the points were gone and I was back to 22...
    4. I couldn't hear any chat on the server but when I left and came back in it was yap yap yap.
    5. My PS4 threw up an error and restarted the game, though some of the above happened after that.
    I've only been playing a week so don't know if this is the norm or what. Anyone else have any problems?

Another thing I notice is that my stats in free roam, etc are completely different to stats shown when doing a job. I've nearly full Driving and Stealth stats in free roam and nearly none when starting a job?? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Scotty # wrote: »
    Was it just me or was GTA Online more or less broken last night?

On XBOX One last night it was a disaster.
    • Laggy as hell.
    • Couldn't join Jobs or Races.
    • Then loading into Online games with nobody in the city.
    • Loading into Online games and after a few mins, everyone appears to get booted and a few seconds later, I'm booted too.
    • When back in single player, it was not possible to join GTA Online again, it kept saying you must be online (despite being online).
    I think something happened with my stats too, as I am right between levels 22 and 23 and it kept listing recent unlocks as if I had gone up a level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I am right between levels 22 and 23

PFFFT. Noob. :rolleyes:

:p

PFFFT. Noob. :rolleyes:

No dispute there. I only got the game at Xmas.

When you join a server and you only joining players with the same console as you or do all consoles play together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I've had either PSN or Rockstar servers bolloxed for the last 3 nights. I was able to play Sunday afternoon, but not since then, although I have only tried to get on in the evening.

I jest, I jest :pac:

I'm only an 87, which is poor enough considering I've had it since launch on the 360 (and then transferred to PS4).

Me too... I see some of the Crew joined PSN in 2008!

I also noticed one crew member who is holding €3.5M in CASH! and $0 in bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

When you join a server and you only joining players with the same console as you or do all consoles play together?

All consoles are separate.

Names please, sir, NAMES. I....err....wish to protect said individual from anyone planning to mug him/her.

• Advertisement

I joined the Crew when Max Payne 3 came out and never played it online.

That's mental. Where can you see that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

For the last few days when I go online I am in a session on my own and when I check the network on the xbox it says that the Multiplayer and Live is down but I can see my friends who are online and what they are playing. I tried joining random races to se if I get dumped into a session with players afterwards but I dont :(

That's mental. Where can you see that?

You can view members stats here: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie/gtav

Scroll down to the leaderboard and click in the players name. Then when their page opens click on the GTA 5 game cover near the top right to see their GTA stats.

I don't want to say which player it is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I've been beating up pedestrians lately to build up strength, after they die you can keep kicking them for ages, does that all count towards strength or do only the one or two punches before they die count?

I've been lucky enough a few times to find players just standing about. I beat the crap out of them and follow them about as they respond. Obviously there's nobody controlling them, otherwise it wouldn't be quite that easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's not me anyway!
    I only have 3.2m bucks :D

Seriously though, I need to start modding a few cars. Last time I raced with the crew, I sucked ass :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

May shoot him and rob him immediately :P

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I only have 3.2m bucks :D
    That's $3.12M more than I have. Ammo is damn expensive. I joined a survival job last night and it was £48K for me to fill up on ammo :( I'm going to start conserving ammo from now on. :D:D:D

I've stocked the garage with a few Ballers though that I can get $22K each for but it does seem to take more than 1 GTA day(48 mins) before you can sell a second one.

That's $3.12M more than I have. Ammo is damn expensive. I joined a survival job last night and it was £48K for me to fill up on ammo :( I'm going to start conserving ammo from now on. :D:D:D

I've stocked the garage with a few Ballers though that I can get $22K each for but it does seem to take more than 1 GTA day(48 mins) before you can sell a second one.

No need to stock up before a survival! Just kill the first wave and get everything lying around. If you're cute enough (hello sailor ;) ) you can leave the last fella in each wave as you run around getting all the weapons, job done.

Edit: sell a Baller as soon as you jump on, then do a bit of messing around and sell one just before you leave. Unless you're blowing the crap out of cars, you should be alright money wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

$22k each? This a new glitch I missed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭C0MM0D0RE64

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I've been beating up pedestrians lately to build up strength, after they die you can keep kicking them for ages, does that all count towards strength or do only the one or two punches before they die count?

I've been lucky enough a few times to find players just standing about. I beat the crap out of them and follow them about as they respond. Obviously there's nobody controlling them, otherwise it wouldn't be quite that easy.

Climbing up walls increases your strength too mate, i used to go down by the airport behind the hangars and jump in the water, swim underneath until the oxygen bar runs out (levels up lung capacity) and then climb up the steps one by one (increases strength)

Also i used to stealth walk around my garage to level that up too, do that once per session and before you know it your all maxed out ;)

Advertisement