Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I wouldnt mind but by the time the console is free, I am already up in my bedroom on the PS3 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I wouldnt mind but by the time the console is free, I am already up in my bedroom on the PS3 :(

Its a disgrace how these kids are taking our games away from us :D

Sometimes I can convince him to let me play by asking if he wants to see the chopper or plane, 3 year olds love choppers and planes and trains :D and he especially loves it when I crash them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Very quiet tonight.... God damn people, and their damn social lifes.

Tell me about it, no one seems to just want to stay in and play some GTA :(
    Did have a decent session there with Jazzer, McGagg and Deathmagnet, guys get a mic, Groupon has a deal on one for €16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Tell me about it, no one seems to just want to stay in and play some GTA :(
    Did have a decent session there with Jazzer, McGagg and Deathmagnet, guys get a mic, Groupon has a deal on one for €16

Good fun had, sorry had to get off to facilitate netflix :o

Cant find my bloody mic tonight, its buried somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Very quiet tonight.... God damn people, and their damn social lifes.

I hear ya - hopefully some people will be on later. need to do some missions and earn some cash - just splashed out on coquette because it is a seriously nice car and a panto because it is loads of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Is it just me or is it laughably hard to connect to jobs online. Playing on the xbone. Had no issues on the 360 but now I'm lucky if I get to play one in 10 jobs i try to connect to and even then, I'll get like one round before I'm disconnected. It's ridiculous. Is this just the way it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I've always had relative issues with it, but started having less once I set my ps4 to have a static ip address.

Had a mini heart attack tonight. I'm level 74 and I've all weapons and full ammo bought. In the process of buying the addons for the weapons and dropped back into Ammunation to buy a few more and stock up on ammo. However when I clicked on the first handgun I accidentally purchased it again. Went through all the guns and they were all the same. Left Ammunation and realised all my ammo and the guns were gone. :eek: Quickly quit the session and rejoined, luckily all my ammo and guns were back. It was a terrifying moment. When I went back I did have to re-buy one of my handguns but everything else was fine, even the addons I had bought were still there.

Another glitch I noticed when bringing Simeons HPV to the docks (which I rarely do). Went through all the rubbish of collecting and respraying it etc only to get paid absolutely nothing for it. Anybody notice this happening before?

Having a bad day on GTA Online. Earlier on I had just finished Blow Up II and I disconnected from Xbox Live! The cash and RP I had earned was all gone. Not my day at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'm sure after doing blow up 2 the other day, when I went back to free roam the money was gone and I didn't buy much ammo

guil wrote: »
    I'm sure after doing blow up 2 the other day, when I went back to free roam the money was gone and I didn't buy much ammo

I find it to be quite a regular occurance now at this stage ... I try now to not disconnect from the game until after I have dropped back into free Rome, and then again back into single player... Gives the game as much chance as possible to register an RP save somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

With 1 week til Heists, I'd say we might see some info on it today about how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Been having a few days away from GTA again, figure the bit of a break won't do any harm, seeing as I'll be playing it again more, in about a fortnights time when heists don't work properly :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

sheehy83 wrote: »
    With 1 week til Heists, I'd say we might see some info on it today about how it works.

One week who ya kidding...

DANNY2014 wrote: »

Oh ye of little faith!

Note to self: Remember to delete this post when R* delays heists.

┈╱╱▏┈┈╱╱╱╱▏╱╱▏┈┈┈
    ┈▇╱▏┈┈▇▇▇╱▏▇╱▏┈┈┈
    ┈▇╱▏▁┈▇╱▇╱▏▇╱▏▁┈┈
    ┈▇╱╱╱▏▇╱▇╱▏▇╱╱╱▏┈
    ┈▇▇▇╱┈▇▇▇╱┈▇▇▇╱┈┈

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Just really starting out in online the last few weeks, finding it very hard to build up cash to buy an apartment or couple of luxury cars/bikes. How did most of ye go about it when ye began? Are you better off buying a card with 500K and get setup and then just build up your money? Seems an awful slog at the beginning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

krRgcE5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Just really starting out in online the last few weeks, finding it very hard to build up cash to buy an apartment or couple of luxury cars/bikes. How did most of ye go about it when ye began? ....
    It used to be easier to make cash because there were bugs/glitches in the game that made it easy. Most of these have been fixed now but there are still a few available. Example: search for 'Boneyard survival glitch' on Youtube. That will get you $30K but takes about 30 mins. There is another survival one down near the scrap yard. There's also a few that you need to have a partner to do with you.

Otherwise just keep doing Jobs/Missions. If you get an invite to Snipers Vrs Stunters take it (and bookmark it). If it's over 7 rounds it can give you $60K and a nice RP boost and it's a bit of craic too.

• Advertisement

Just really starting out in online the last few weeks, finding it very hard to build up cash to buy an apartment or couple of luxury cars/bikes. How did most of ye go about it when ye began? Are you better off buying a card with 500K and get setup and then just build up your money? Seems an awful slog at the beginning.

Being totally honest most of us worked very hard(#glitchingmofos4life) to build our empire... I remember I was between a rock and a hard place at one stage b4 I made it to the big time... At the mo don't think there is any great glitches... Ya could sell ballers to LSC and put sad trombone horn on it(Google sad trombone glitch) and just do missions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

the best way I found to get cash and rp is by doing missions etc with friends and crew where there is a bit of craic. the time passes really quickly and you have a big lump of cash at the end!
    I find death matches good for cash. especially longish ones that use forced and pickup weapons only.

another thing is to make sure you bank your earnings via the phone at the start of each new job because you will loose some every time you get killed in death matches.

oh and stay away from crew members in free roam... that usually ends in disaster for the wallet!!!

I got a 360 and a few games for Christmas this year. Over the first month I didn't do much online playing but after that I really got into it and play nearly every day now. I've always been a huge GTA fan though so I knew I'd become addicted.

I find the best way to build up cash is missions and selling cars in between. I usually take note of the time I sell a car and keep coming back every 50 minutes or so. Ballers spawn a lot so it's $9k every time you flog one of them. Just keep playing missions and going to free mode after an hour or so to bank your cash and sell another car. Try not to waste ammo, if your playing with higher level players then let them do most of the shooting.

I've had it about 2 months now and I'm level 79, have two of the expensive apartments, a fully modded Zentorno and all the weapons, ammo and upgrades.

Haven't found any glitches or tricks to help me so far, all just hard work and effort :D Living the American Dream :P

in about a fortnights time when heists don't work properly :pac:
    DANNY2014 wrote: »
    ┈╱╱▏┈┈╱╱╱╱▏╱╱▏┈┈┈
    ┈▇╱▏┈┈▇▇▇╱▏▇╱▏┈┈┈
    ┈▇╱▏▁┈▇╱▇╱▏▇╱▏▁┈┈
    ┈▇╱╱╱▏▇╱▇╱▏▇╱╱╱▏┈
    ┈▇▇▇╱┈▇▇▇╱┈▇▇▇╱┈┈
    krRgcE5.jpg

Lloyd-Christmas-Happy-to-Sad.gif

DubDJ wrote: »
    Haven't found any glitches or tricks to help me so far, all just HARD WORK and effort :D Living the American Dream :P

Well excuse me Mr American dream get up early and go to work... I believe in hard non stop farming... I believe in working around this hard work... yea vote yes for proposition 21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Who needs a house? Just buy a 10 car garage. That's all you need.

If your goin for showers and watching TV in your house online you've too much time on your hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Scotty # wrote: »
    are still a few available. Example: search for 'Boneyard survival glitch' on Youtube. That will get you $30K but takes about 30 mins.

So basically just completing the survival? You get 30k for doing the survival now.
    Minimise expenditure and collect weapons, use the pistol for the first few rounds and then switch to the auto pistol and so on.

@DubDJ, Sorry about last night man, was my night on duty with the baby, she needed a feed. Couldnt commit ful time to the old free roam so just did a few missions and left. Be on tonight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

So basically just completing the survival? You get 30k for doing the survival now.
    Yes, and in the Boneyard and at the scrapyard there are two wall breaches you can get into where you can shoot out of but not get shot. Easy money but very boring. I'd rather half hour of Snipers vrs Stunters any day (and pays more)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

keano25 wrote: »
    Who needs a house?.

Anyone who wants to host heists i think. Iv just one apartment with the ten car garage and than just another garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Normally if you're changing apartments, upgrading, you'll get half the value of the place you're trading for the new place. i.e. if you've a garage worth 100k and trading up for an apartment for 250k, you'll get 50k towards the apartment.

Does anyone know if this works in reverse? Downgrade to make a few quid? I've 3 apartments, but when I eventually run out of money I think I'd like to try downgrading to garages for 2 and make a few quid if I can.

Advertisement