Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

[quote="Joeseph Balls;94528839"
    @DubDJ, Sorry about last night man, was my night on duty with the baby, she needed a feed. Couldnt commit ful time to the old free roam so just did a few missions and left. Be on tonight though.[/quote]

No worries I didn't stay too long myself, stayed up way too late the weekend so needed some decent sleep. I ended up destroying the bloke Maced or whatever. Defending the crew name :D

The apartments are great to have, you'll need one for heists and sometimes I love annoying people, getting chased to mine and then watching them out the windows killing each other as I leave again on the sly. Great to have and you can invite people if they're in trouble and need to transport quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

Just joined crew today. Look forward to seeing few of ye around. What kind of antics do ye get up to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

crunchie44 wrote: »
    Just joined crew today. Look forward to seeing few of ye around. What kind of antics do ye get up to

What platform you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭crunchie44

What platform you on?

PS4 only level 30 but really wnjoying it at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

crunchie44 wrote: »
    PS4 only level 30 but really wnjoying it at the minute

Polish up on your sniper skills awful lot of snaaaaaakes on ps4 :P :P :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,875 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Update from rockstar:

Adversary Modes, Daily Objectives and More New Updates Also Coming to GTA Online March 10th
    Posted 15 minutes ago | Author: R* Q | Filed Under: Games

Next week, Heists will deliver a brand new gameplay experience to GTA Online, offering players the chance to team up to take down big scores. Alongside this massive new addition comes a range of new features and enhancements to make the entire GTA Online experience bigger and deeper. Adversary Modes bring three new kinds of competition to GTA Online while new Daily Objectives and other Freemode activities bring new life to the hectic streets of Los Santos and Blaine County. Here's a rundown of just some of the new features and additions launching next week alongside Heists that will continue to expand and augment the world of Grand Theft Auto Online.

NEW ADVERSARY MODES

These brand new player vs. player modes bring a range of intense new competitive challenges to GTA Online. Adversary Modes will unlock as players progress through Heists.

Come Out To Play
    A team of three Runners just trying to make it home, and a team of Hunters are out for blood. Runners are well-armed but limited to movement by foot, while the opposition wield free-aim shotguns and ride motorbikes or ATVs. Hunters must stay on their bikes and have access to unlimited lives, while the Runners have just one life but all their weapons available to pick off the Hunters at will.

Siege Mentality
    Up to four players stand their ground, outnumbered but not outgunned as they fight to survive against up to 6 determined attackers in a location defense mode, GTA style. Attackers have unlimited lives but fight only with sawn-off shotguns. Defenders have full use of all their weapons.

Hasta La Vista
    The chase is on as Truckers in big rig cabs hunt down a team of Cyclists. The Cyclists' goal is simple: reach the final checkpoint without getting crushed under the wheels of the pursuing trucks. Without traditional weapons the Truckers must rely solely on their vehicles to crush the Cyclists. Meanwhile, the Cyclists must harness the maneuverability and acceleration of their bikes to evade the trucks, while keeping an eye over their shoulder. If one of the Cyclists reaches the checkpoint, the Cyclists win. If all Cyclists are terminated, the Truckers prevail.

Daily Objectives
    The Los Santos daily hustle just got a little more lucrative. Whether you tend towards Jobs or free-form activities, Daily Objectives will give you a rotating series of challenges to take on for GTA$ rewards. With three new objectives per day, players can stack up challenges over consecutive days to earn bonuses of up to $500,000.

New Freemode Activities
    You and your fellow players also have new opportunities for cash and RP rewards with new activities added to the world in Freemode. Be on the lookout for calls from Lester, who may need help to distract the cops in a specific area while Lester’s accomplices finish their criminal business. Lamar may call looking for help destroying a vehicle or two, while Trevor and Ron need occasional help picking their business rival’s planes out of the sky. Along with GTA$ and RP bonuses, there are all-new Awards available for completing these challenges with style.

There's also a new in-game Email notification system that will allow you to contact and message any of your GTA Online friends, no matter what session they’re in - as well as a host of new Awards that yield new items including exclusive t-shirts and car modifications.

Everything detailed here will be added to GTA Online for consoles in tandem with Heists on March 10th and on day one for PC when it launches on April 14. Stay tuned to the Newswire for more news, including our suggestions on how you can ready your crew to take down scores when Heists launch next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Come Out To Play
    A team of three Runners just trying to make it home, and a team of Hunters are out for blood. Runners are well-armed but limited to movement by foot, while the opposition wield free-aim shotguns and ride motorbikes or ATVs. Hunters must stay on their bikes and have access to unlimited lives, while the Runners have just one life but all their weapons available to pick off the Hunters at will.

Think we deserve the credit for this one few little tweaks but we definitely shud get praise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

Wish they could add in the small details from GTA IV like pool and restaurants, or when there was the odd person fixing their car at the side of the road (a signal to crush their legs). Amazing game, despite their delays, but little things are what makes it even better.

Thinking the exact same about come out to play. Still might be not good Boards Bounties though, will definetly have to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Nothing about actual stability no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Come Out To Play

Hasta La Vista
    The chase is on as Truckers in big rig cabs hunt down a team of Cyclists. The Cyclists' goal is simple: reach the final checkpoint without getting crushed under the wheels of the pursuing trucks. Without traditional weapons the Truckers must rely solely on their vehicles to crush the Cyclists. Meanwhile, the Cyclists must harness the maneuverability and acceleration of their bikes to evade the trucks, while keeping an eye over their shoulder. If one of the Cyclists reaches the checkpoint, the Cyclists win. If all Cyclists are terminated, the Truckers prevail.

Seriously, they are stealing our idea's and we are getting nothing but cr**py servers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

If they pull these off and get the servers half decent then it'll be like a whole new game... Those payouts sound promising too... Hopefully all goes smoothly... Here's to next Tuesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Nothing about actual stability no?

It's out since 2013 and they've done SFA, you're living in cuckooland if you're still holding out hope on that front, pal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Hey guys, remember when Sheehy was convinced that we were definitely getting Heists next week?... Classic Sheehy.. Funny shhhtuff!

Survivor Missions at 30k each are grand. Was on with 3 randomers and 1 of them was in a spot where they couldn't be hit and could shoot through the container they were hiding behind. Only took about 15 - 20 minutes and tons of ammo and guns lying around.I rang Simeon a few times for a job but no sign of Blow Up 1. Will have to keep trying him.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Survivor Missions at 30k each are grand. Was on with 3 randomers and 1 of them was in a spot where they couldn't be hit and could shoot through the container they were hiding behind. Only took about 15 - 20 minutes and tons of ammo and guns lying around.I rang Simeon a few times for a job but no sign of Blow Up 1. Will have to keep trying him.
    I have all the blow ups in my list. If your on tonight or whenever, say it to me and I will launch it and invite you and then you will have it in your list.

I have all the blow ups in my list. If your on tonight or whenever, say it to me and I will launch it and invite you and then you will have it in your list.

Sound man, I tried that before (Blow Up 2) with Phobos and it never added to my played jobs, recent jobs, searchable jobs, etc. It might work with Blow Up 1 though so will say when I see you on next.

I recorded myself playing Blow Up II, there is a wall breach that you can safely stand behind and shoot everyone without yourself being hit.
    Killed 197 people with no loss of life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Normally if you're changing apartments, upgrading, you'll get half the value of the place you're trading for the new place. i.e. if you've a garage worth 100k and trading up for an apartment for 250k, you'll get 50k towards the apartment.

Does anyone know if this works in reverse? Downgrade to make a few quid? I've 3 apartments, but when I eventually run out of money I think I'd like to try downgrading to garages for 2 and make a few quid if I can.

Pretty sure it works, i've downgraded a couple of times and profited. Not sure of the maths though. I downgraded from a 10 car garage I wasn't using and grabbed a gaf in the countryside at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

I recorded myself playing Blow Up II, there is a wall breach that you can safely stand behind and shoot everyone without yourself being hit.
    Killed 197 people with no loss of life :D

I bet you spent just as much on ammo as the cash you get for the mission.

• Advertisement

I used the pistol mainly and the Shotgun as they are the 2 weapons I dont use often and there is always ammo on them due to the lack of use.
    I hate the shotgun so i dont mind getting rid of the ammo for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Good laugh last night with those team Deathmatches when we eventually got the numbers (worth the wait I hope). Nothing like running around a golf course whacking people in the head with a golf club screaming "FORE!!" as their skulls crack.

Those two American kids I got stuck with in the first golf course DM were totally clueless. We were all "jerks" apparently, but Proco was dubbed a "hacking jerk" as (according to them) whenever they hit him with a golf club he "teleported" or "had a cloaking device". It's known as a varying internet connection, you clowns. :cool:

My bank balance is around 4.4 million at the moment, and looking to grind missions or Cars vs. Snipers etc. to bring it up to 5m before the heists come out next Tuesday if anyone fancies it?

Just have to resist blowing thousands on ammo and cars in the meantime. I had 4.6m after the deathmatches last night, but blew around 200k fully modding an Albany Emperor. They're an awful banger of a car but look pretty gangsta when the brushed gold paint/dark tints/gold alloys are added. A car purely for cruising in freemode, a guaranteed DNF-on-wheels when it comes to races.

The heist update looks promising. I only started after Xmas so this is my first content update I get to experience.

Got invited to a fist fight on a bridge last night, great laugh and simple idea. The simplest of created jobs can be the best in GTA. Crazy that some of the lads have almost 5 millions. I'm rocking away with less than $50k at the moment :D

I'm almost back up to 900k at the momemt. I'm mad to see if the person who funds the heist buys for heist vehicles or do you just steal them. Funding might get a bit pricey if you have to buy all the stuff.

Sickner to think how hard it was to get to a milli and I could blow it easily in 1 session buying a couple of cars, mods, ammo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

DubDJ wrote: »
    Got invited to a fist fight on a bridge last night, great laugh and simple idea. The simplest of created jobs can be the best in GTA. Crazy that some of the lads have almost 5 millions. I'm rocking away with less than $50k at the moment :D

il be on later for deathmatches. Need a good lobby. Stunters v snipers and the like.

PS i have over 4mill, not a cent glitched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I kept getting invites for a "thug fistfight" last night from Ronan. Sounded good, but I was in the middle of picking up all the nuclear waste in story mode so I couldn't join.

Last time I did one that was just fists I could barely play for laughing.

il be on later for deathmatches. Need a good lobby. Stunters v snipers and the like.

PS i have over 4mill, not a cent glitched.

What's your Gamertag? Starting to see a lot of Boardsies online lately. Must be the build up to heists.

Started a new thread for Heists as this thread might get a bit messy with people trying to organise a crew of 4 people.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057391432

There seems to be a problem getting online on the Xbox One, no surprise really, I get into a session and then the game restarts from the loading loading, you know the one with the gun shots and the siren.
    Then other times I can't access the web in the mobile nor can I see the map

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

What's the story with Blow Up 1? Is it as easy to get RP and cash as 2?
    I suppose I could answer that myself later by playing it...

Advertisement