Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawke Scope

Options
  • 08-09-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Made a mistake of buying a Hawke Varmint 3-12x44 SF from ebay. It arrived today and to say I was underwhelmed by the quality of the glass is an understatement. To put it into perspective I have an old Hawke Sport HD AO 3-9x 40 and there is no comparison, the old scope is crisper, clearer, far better definition. Very disappointed with the Hawke Varmint, even thought it might be a dodgy "copy". Got it on ebay from Intershoot, Omagh, NI so think it must be a deben Hawke genuine scope. Oh well it can go back tomorrow.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Shame.

I was happy with mine, and knew going into it that at €170 or so new it wasn't going to win any awards for clarity, but as it's only on a .22lr with a max range of 100 yards it done the job perfectly.

The larger objective lens and higher mag than the 3-9 made it an easy choice.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

You might have just saved me a few bob there thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

I have the aforementioned scope on my Daystate and am very happy with clarity. Bought it from a member here. The power range is perfect for an air rifle and the parallax focuses down to sub 10 yards. Suits it's application perfectly:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭1jay1

Best bang for buck scope I got is a Hawke Endurance 3-12x50 ir, I have it on the .22lr and I love it, bright, clear and performs well under a lamp - picked it up 2nd hand for €150

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭oldtart

1jay1 wrote: »
    Best bang for buck scope I got is a Hawke Endurance 3-12x50 ir, I have it on the .22lr and I love it, bright, clear and performs well under a lamp - picked it up 2nd hand for €150

Well done the Endurance is a couple of steps above the Varmint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭1jay1

oldtart wrote: »
    Well done the Endurance is a couple of steps above the Varmint.

Have a look on adverts, there my be another one if you can sell your varmint.

1jay1 wrote: »
    Have a look on adverts, there my be another one if you can sell your varmint.

I'll have a look. The Varmint has gone back to Intershoot, Omagh for a refund as they have a 30 day policy for returns.

oldtart wrote: »
    I'll have a look. The Varmint has gone back to Intershoot, Omagh for a refund as they have a 30 day policy for returns.

Bought a Weaver Classic 4-16x42 AO from Ardee Sports, a good few leagues above the Hawke Varmint. It was only €320 from Ardee which is a good price as they are £330 from scopesdirect.co.uk Just thought I'd let you know as Ardee have a sale on the weaver scopes.

Advertisement