Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not able to register

• 08-09-2014 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Has anyone else experienced this? I tried to log in several days ago but I got a message to say that my username or password was incorrect, so I emailed the registry and they said not to worry, as it shouldn't work until registration opens. Well registration opened today, and I'm being met by the same message. I'm doing BA Arts (I hope!) if that makes any difference!!

I'm trying to stay calm but I'm just afraid it won't be rectified before friday, in which case, I'll have far bigger problems! Anybody else experienced this, and if you did, have you any solution? I know it should all be okay, but I'm panicking a little bit now just in case it all goes horribly wrong!!

Thanks,
    David

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I suggest ringing the college in the morning and get directly in touch.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Just to make sure, you're trying to log in here and not into Portal, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dpat1l

I think you're right Morag, I wil just have to ring them and hope for the best :/ And yep, that's the page I've been trying on! :( Thanks though... There's so many different websites listed that I've checked every one of them, but that's the only one it'll let me try to log in on... "Sorry - Incorrect details please re enter your details below." This is all I'm getting.... *sigh* cue sleepless night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

dpat1l wrote: »
    I think you're right Morag, I wil just have to ring them and hope for the best :/ And yep, that's the page I've been trying on! :( Thanks though... There's so many different websites listed that I've checked every one of them, but that's the only one it'll let me try to log in on... "Sorry - Incorrect details please re enter your details below." This is all I'm getting.... *sigh* cue sleepless night!

Don't stress too much about it. Every year there are tons of people who have issues with registration - it'll get sorted eventually. Just give the college a call tomorrow but I doubt you're the only one having problems! Honestly though it'll all work out so enjoy your sleep :D

Well, I'm almost embarrassed to admit what the problem was! After sending a bunch of emails to the college, I tried again this morning with the password on the letter, and apparently, the number in the middle was actually a letter.... For the last five days, I've been trying to log in with a 1 instead of a lower case L.... How awkward am I?! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Well, I'm almost embarrassed to admit what the problem was! After sending a bunch of emails to the college, I tried again this morning with the password on the letter, and apparently, the number in the middle was actually a letter.... For the last five days, I've been trying to log in with a 1 instead of a lower case L.... How awkward am I?! :D

Haha happens to the best of us! I remember one time I paid my credit card online but the payment never went through. Mid way through one of several calls to the bank I realises I had accidentally sent the money to another of my accounts instead of my credit card and had to sheepishly explain it was my mistake heh.

Glad you got sorted anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Not to worry. I saw a few people of the fb freshers page were having that same issue with mistaking the letter for the number. Good that it worked for you, now :)

Konata, there's nothing worse than getting worked up over something, and then realising half way thorough an argument that you're in the wrong! I should have had a look at the freshers page...never occured to me :/ Thanks for the replies :)

Advertisement