Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 08/09/14 *Spoilers*

• 08-09-2014 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭

Can Jerry Springer stop the Bellas feuding?

Also rematch from Summerslam for Reigns and Orton, will Rollins help Orton get the win and Bray Wyatt takes on Y2J in a steel cage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bitches Bella's be crazy on the Jerry Springer show tonight.

I think he will need to bring Steve with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jamie Noble to make an appearance as his old character? Daniel Bryan to come out in a string vest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

No Ambrose, no watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I just don't understand that when they knew the football was back on this week, they didn't do something to entice people to at least consider tuning in for this weeks' show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Agreed, especially with most 6-month subscriptions ending over this past week. Hmm. There's 2 RAWs left (including tonight) until NOC. I guess it doesn't matter as long as the final RAW makes people buy NOC (and lock people in for 6 months, which'd run out before Mania).

• Advertisement

Steel Cage match to open/No Autority Members yakking away at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wyatt's entrance is amazing.

That was cool. Didn't think Jericho still had stuff like that in him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Raw is jericho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sandow is gas craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Since when has Raw had seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Pete Rose just got tombstoned!

Divas acting is shockingly bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I assume Y2J is leaving again?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

!!!!!!!!

Highlights of the night

tumblr_nbm2ctZOgf1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nbm2jc6OIN1swlf6ho3_500.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Only 16 replies... But... But... It was the season premiere!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Good lord. The boards ratings are at an all time low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Was surprised to see so few posts - I haven't seen Raw since April, but looks like I haven't missed out on much!

I still watch the PPVs on the Network, and I find I can still keep up with the product, without wasting 5 hrs on Raw and Smackdown every week!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Compared to last week, it was brilliant, but it was still only an ok episode.

Cena's promo was grand. The set up (presumably) for Reigns/Ambrose/Jericho vs Orton/Rollins/Kane was grand and will set up an acceptable match. At some stage, we will have to talk about the Bunny getting a run as a champion of some sorts. And I really don't mind the Bellas all that much (even if I think they need to do something about Nikki actually coming across as being selfish but justifiably so...).

NXT guys getting time was a nice surprises, though I can't help but feel Neville looked too small for a top guy (and I genuinely like "smaller" guys).

For all the hype though, I was expecting something more "unmissable" and they didn't come close to delivering that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

The Jerry Springer segment was so awful that it was awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ShaneU wrote: »
    Highlights of the night

tumblr_nbm2ctZOgf1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Michael's corpsing

call-for-the-man-o.gif

I thought it was a decent episode! The Bellas stuff was awful (I don't know anyone that likes it), but otherwise we got a cage match, a great Miz segement, an enjoyable NXT match and some decent midcard action. Not mind blowing, but still pretty enjoyable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So now WWE has season's?

If they now have season's does this mean Superstars get time off between seasons? ( I bet they would love that real time off to recover between seasons like real sports people)

Also it was a season premiere and episode of tv. (Season long arc's and monster of the week episodes ahead I guess)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I thought the Cena-Heyman section was great, really enjoyed the NXT match. Not much else

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So now WWE has season's?

If they now have season's does this mean Superstars get time off between seasons? ( I bet they would love that real time off to recover between seasons like real sports people)

Also it was a season premiere and episode of tv. (Season long arc's and monster of the week episodes ahead I guess)

This isn't a new concept, the WWE have a season premiere episode every year, Smackdown Season premiere one year featured Brock Lesnar Vs Kurt Angle Iron Man Match for the WWE Championship.

The Raw 2006 Season premiere episode was a 3 hour special (back when Raw was only 2 Hours)

They only mention it as a cheap way to try and boost ratings and make it sound more important than it really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Everyone knows that their season premiere is like Janurary Royal Rumble time up to WrestleMania.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Seems like a much better show than last week, I'll probably watch it at some point later today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bellas brother reminded me of your man of TOWIE Mark Wright

I did laugh at Steph laughing with Springer when he was down "injured" and also the "medic" telling Jerry to raise two thumbs

Also is Steph lending Nikki her own clothes?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The woman in the front row
    Cm2VCZY.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Are there any of those Raw in 5 mins YouTube's these days? Seems like that would be the best way to view this episode from the boards response o meter.

Are there any of those Raw in 5 mins YouTube's these days? Seems like that would be the best way to view this episode from the boards response o meter.

Why? Raw was a solid to good show.

Solely based on the match layout last night it is obvious Neville is being called up and Breeze is winning the belt. The match was only about Neville standing out. WWE 101 booking is that Breeze loses on TV, wins on "PPV".

rovert wrote: »
    Why? Raw was a solid to good show.

Solely based on the match layout last night it is obvious Neville is being called up and Breeze is winning the belt. The match was only about Neville standing out. WWE 101 booking is that Breeze loses on TV, wins on "PPV".

Mostly cos it'll be another few days till I've my wifi sorted after another continental move and tbh from the response of not even a full page on here when the show is finished I'm doubting its must see so I'll wait till the next 3hour Raw instead of stockpiling viewing when I'm already pretty busy.

I will see if I can check out how the nxt boys were used tho as that interests me despite expecting the same as yourself re breeze and Neville

I didn't say it is must see in fairness.

I don't think the lack of reaction on Boards to Raw is a gauge of anything these days. There's an overall lack of reaction on Boards to everything.

rovert wrote: »
    I didn't say it is must see in fairness.

I don't think the lack of reaction on Boards to Raw is a gauge of anything these days. There's an overall lack of reaction on Boards to everything.

I've kinda noticed that recently but think storyline is needed for a boards reaction for instance there could be some good wrestling on a smackdown but it won't even always have its own thread atm similarity Raw could be decent but without that "water cooler moment", say a Brock appearance or Ambrose being generally awesome (he's this years punk / Bryan in terms of boards popularity from previous years) there is little discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dean Ambrose > CM Punk + Daniel Bryan x 2

Was good to see the NXT get time. This is a better idea than just randomly bringing them in as if they're already established on the main roster. Was obvious Neville was being highlighted here from the commentating and getting the finisher. Zayn didn't get much offence though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did warm the heart to hear the Ole chants though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Solid show. The cage match was good, Cena/Heyman segment was good and I hope showcasing NXT guys is something they do more often.

Nothing ground breaking and it still had its bad moments, but it was grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Got back in to Wrestling about 2/3 years ago after about a 10 year hiatus and that's the first time I skipped almost all of raw. Only bit that interested me was the nxt tag team match. The rest was meh. I always enjoyed the quick technical matches like Brock, Angle, Benoit used to have and most of the current roster are light years from that.
    Seems plenty of talent in NXT hopefully it's given a chance as the current product is weak.
    The whole bella thing is a joke. Housemate was hungover on Saturday morning and nothing easier to watch then wrestling. He stuck it on and was entertained by ten minutes of the Bellas. Wasn't long until he flicked over.

• Advertisement

I skipped the Bella segment completely. I'm sure I didn't miss out on any vital feud building matrial.

Meant to say, was Cena implying he was better/tougher than Taker?

Rollins was lucky as well

TbkabYW.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

J. Marston wrote: »

Fozzy have a tour coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Just watching now, Heyman's promo with Cena is pure gold

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Rollins was lucky as well

TbkabYW.gif

Christ

You'll see as well that someone saw it happen as it stops a second later. Have they always had those spikes? Didn't they usually just fasten the cage to the ring somehow?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You'll see as well that someone saw it happen as it stops a second later. Have they always had those spikes? Didn't they usually just fasten the cage to the ring somehow?

Yea I don't think they were even fastened along the sides before.

On another note, Brie Bella's new entrance music is up there with Kelly Kelly in terms of awfulness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I had on DVR didn't fast forward as much as usual.

Liked the Cena/Heyman segment.
    Nxt stuff was good as was the cage match opener.

The divas match and Bella/Springer weren't great. I probably found the Adam rose bunny with Slatergator more entertaining.

Don't care much for the tag team div atm. Uso’s aren't terrible but Gold and stardust don't do it for me.

Didn't have any real interest in Orton v Reigns either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

They do need to drop thiswhole Bella thing - neither of them can act!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

It was miles ahead of last week's - but that is not saying much.

I htink that the lack of comments on this week's id down to the facvt that there was nothing utterly nonsensical on it - so people had nothing to complain about. As i have noticed on boards, when people can't complain they don't post :pac: (this is more on other forums though as this one is usually pretty solid)

FWIW I thought it was a good show, decent build - and the cage match was class

Jericho you mad bastard! http://instagram.com/p/stp4wdmDkd/
    J. Marston wrote: »

Yeah he will be, he is booked for night of champions against
    Orton
    and he is calling it a #Lasthurrah!

• Advertisement
Advertisement