Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodford in Clondalkin

Options
  • 08-09-2014 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give me any feedback on what the area of Woodford in Clondalkin is like, particularly around Woodford Terrace? Is it a decent place to live?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Decent area, there does be a few scumbags hangins around outside spar sometimes and it can get abit rough around Halloween and paddys day but i'm sure it's like that all over Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fe_fowles

Hey guys, what do you guys know about Deansrath Road in Clondalkin? Is it a nice area?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

fe_fowles wrote: »
    Hey guys, what do you guys know about Deansrath Road in Clondalkin? Is it a nice area?

Deansrath is a rough estate, pretty much your typical working class area. A lot of horses, scramblers and burnt out cars. Unless your from an area like that I'd stay clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Woodford and that general area is quite nice. You are within walking distance of Clondalkin village and particularly the Luas Red Cow stop. Buses are nearby too. There is a small series of shops very close where Boomers is, and a nice church there. There is a small green area close to you and a much larger one over beside the Monksfield area, great for walks. Being near the M50 is handy for getting to places. You have the N7/M7 nearest, and other junctions if you are going to other parts of the country are easy to get to, and it is handy for the airport too. It is good for getting into the city too, though like anywhere the rush hours are busier. So you certainly could do far worse than living in Woodford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 StacyMcMahon

Woodford is a lovely place to live. I'm originally from Monastery beside the village and now living in Woodford the last 4 years. I agree with the earlier poster that a few teens that are rusty around the edges do congregate at the spar and the chipper but hey what teen doesn't in this country. There is a real sense of community in the area, weekly clean ups from the Clondalkin Tidy towns, Transportation links are great and literally a 15mins walk to the village itself which is buzzing with cafes, pubs, restaurants etc...

Unfortunately Clondalkin has got bad press over the decades due to high levels of social housing in North Clondalkin in areas such as Neilstown, Bawnogue etc...

I like to also compare Clondalkin to somewhere like Tallaght, Rathfarnham, Marino, Fairview, Lucan... there are some bad areas in all of these places no matter how big or small. There is always bad apples in every orchard whether you like it or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement