Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese delivery radius

Options
  • 08-09-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Hi, new to Galway and was wondering how far the Chinese takeaway Emperor City would deliver to? I'm in Sceilg Ard on the Headford Rd. Would they deliver this far out? I've heard good things about them...

If anyone has any other Chinese recommendations please do tell. Especially any recommendations for a good Chicken Satay??

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

I don't know about their delivery policy, but EC are my Chinese of choice. To be honest, it's not too different to the usual Chinese food experiences in Galway but the dishes I like - they do quite well. I don't think you're going too far wrong using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

You should phone and ask them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

PLL wrote: »
    Hi, new to Galway and was wondering how far the Chinese takeaway Emperor City would deliver to? I'm in Sceilg Ard on the Headford Rd. Would they deliver this far out? I've heard good things about them...

If anyone has any other Chinese recommendations please do tell. Especially any recommendations for a good Chicken Satay??

Thanks.

Best chicken satay in town is King Ding, imo. They are in Rahoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Just get golden rickshaw..... Believe me you'll never go back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

I prefer the "Malaysia Style" satay chicken from emperor city. They even deliver out as far as Knocknacarra. Note that it is quite spicy (rings of chilli peppers in it), which I like.

King Ding is also good but they put pineapple in the satay which I don't like (and it's not supposed to be in there). I've asked them once to leave it out but they put it in anyway so I never go there anymore even though it's much closer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I prefer the "Malaysia Style" satay chicken from emperor city. They even deliver out as far as Knocknacarra. Note that it is quite spicy (rings of chilli peppers in it), which I like.

King Ding is also good but they put pineapple in the satay which I hate (and it's not supposed to be in there). I've asked them once to leave it out but they put it in anyway so I never go there anymore even though it's much closer.

I like the pineapple, but i am a fan of extra spicy too so i will certainly have to try the Emperor City. It's hard to find a good satay in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Pretty sure every single Chinese in Galway would deliver to scellig Ard.

It's pretty central in the scheme of Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

zarquon wrote: »
    I like the pineapple, but i am a fine of extra spicy too so i will certainly have to try the Emperor City. It's hard to find a good satay in Galway.

Make sure you ask for the Malaysian one if you like spicy! They do a regular Chinese one too which is a bit too bland for me and I think also a Singapore one that I've never tried. Really happy with the Malaysian one anyway, there's lots of green peppers and white onion in it too. Even with the chillis it's not spicy enough for me but I add Sambal Oelek paste (I add this to pretty much everything)

Personally I'd love to get an Indonesian satay in Galway (with thick coconut-less peanut sauce) but I haven't been able to find those anywhere :( In Holland it's very common due to the historical ties with Indonesia. But Malaysian is a good second :) Any tips would be appreciated though!

Advertisement