Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60-911 Simon 3 Series Alarm

Options
  • 08-09-2014 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Cover came off one of the door sensors and since then I keep getting an error " Sensor 2 Back Door tampered". Also keep getting a reminder beep every 4 hours. Alarm is Phonewatch monitored. Is it possible to buy a replacement sensor and fix it myself. Tnx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

paulsparky wrote: »
    Cover came off one of the door sensors and since then I keep getting an error " Sensor 2 Back Door tampered". Also keep getting a reminder beep every 4 hours. Alarm is Phonewatch monitored. Is it possible to buy a replacement sensor and fix it myself. Tnx.

Is the spring in the sensor?
    Might not be closing when you put the lid back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 paulsparky

altor wrote: »
    Is the spring in the sensor?
    Might not be closing when you put the lid back on?

Looks like the spring fell out. Door opens out and there is decking outside so I think the spring is somewhere underneath the decking. I tried Maplins today for a sensor but they said they don't stock that type.

Looks like the spring fell out. Door opens out and there is decking outside so I think the spring is somewhere underneath the decking. I tried Maplins today for a sensor but they said they don't stock that type.

The sensor is a RF 433. You can pick them up on the suppliers list here.
    You just need the spring so no need to delete the old sensor.
    Until you get it sorted drop the front lid and enter your user code.
    Press, delete, option, 01 done. This will turn off the trouble beeps till you get it sorted.
    When you have it fixed drop the lid again and press, add, option, 01 done.
    This will turn back on the trouble beeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

just buy a wired hkc sensor and use the spring from that :D

The sensor is a RF 433. You can pick them up on the suppliers list

You just need the spring so no need to delete the old sensor.
    Until you get it sorted drop the front lid and enter your user code.
    Press, delete, option, 01 done. This will turn off the trouble beeps till you get it sorted.
    When you have it fixed drop the lid again and press, add, option, 01 done.
    This will turn back on the trouble beeps.

Thanks for the advice. Will ring around tomorrow. I think I deleted the beep. I didn't have to key in 01, it seemed to default to option 1. Does that seem right.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice. Will ring around tomorrow. I think I deleted the beep. I didn't have to key in 01, it seemed to default to option 1. Does that seem right.

No the trouble beep is there till the trouble is fixed.
    If you press the status button does it still say the sensor is tampered?

whenever you press status/disarm it silences the trouble beeps for 4 hours.

It does.

It does.

It does.

Again thanks. The warning beep didnt go off during the night so a full nights sleep. Now to ring around to get the part.

• Advertisement

It does.

Again thanks. The warning beep didnt go off during the night so a full nights sleep. Now to ring around to get the part.

It does.

It does.

It does.

It does.

Just ask if they have a cheap wired sensor with a spring inside.

Evolution1 wrote: »

Problem sorted. Called into Reliable Security in Drumcondra and 2 men helped me out. One man buying an alarm kit took a spring out of one of the new Sensors he had bought and gave it to me and Alan that works in the shop found a spare spring for me. They weren't sure if they would fit but when I tried them they did. So now I have a spare spring in case it happens again. Alarm seems to be working correctly now. Thanks for all the help. Saved me a good few bob compared to if I had needed to call out Phonewatch.

Problem sorted. Called into Reliable Security in Drumcondra and 2 men helped me out. One man buying an alarm kit took a spring out of one of the new Sensors he had bought and gave it to me and Alan that works in the shop found a spare spring for me. They weren't sure if they would fit but when I tried them they did. So now I have a spare spring in case it happens again. Alarm seems to be working correctly now. Thanks for all the help. Saved me a good few bob compared to if I had needed to call out Phonewatch.

Yeah the HKC spring would be a bit shorter than the one in the 433 but if it closes the tamper thats good enough :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement