Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milkrounds 2014/2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

I'll give them a ring anyway and explain. I'd love to go just to get a feel for the place, the staff, the work and the culture but I can't be taking days off work willy nilly. I don't want to give a poor impression here, I might be looking for them to hire me long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gladiator111

Anybody received any rejections? Couple mates have got them from EY and PwC for audit.

Haven't heard many been called for interview yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 milkrounds1516

I'll give them a ring anyway and explain. I'd love to go just to get a feel for the place, the staff, the work and the culture but I can't be taking days off work willy nilly. I don't want to give a poor impression here, I might be looking for them to hire me long term.

Yeah do give them a ring. Once you're apologetic they shouldn't mind. Just say your boss is relying on you and you can't let him/her down, that should reflect well shows you are responsible.

Anybody received any rejections? Couple mates have got them from EY and PwC for audit.

Haven't heard many been called for interview yet.

PwC sent out emails for interviews on Wednesday night.

KPMG were sending emails all last week and could still be sending them for all I know.

Have only heard of a few getting EY.

Deloitte, Mazars and Grant Thornton have started making phone calls. Got calls from those 3 on friday, but one of my friends only got called by them today so I'd say they're not finished yet.

Until you've received a rejection don't give up hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jango_fett

Got EY audit saturday, nothing yet from others, no rejection, just radio silence. I suppose it all depends on the quality of interviews, probably on the waiting list. EY not my 1st choice, but will do my best.. I picked consulting for others, just hedged my bet with EY audit..fewer places for consulting apparently.

Got EY audit saturday, nothing yet from others, no rejection, just radio silence. I suppose it all depends on the quality of interviews, probably on the waiting list. EY not my 1st choice. I picked consulting for others, just hedged my bet with EY audit..fewer places for consulting apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Hi
    Does anyone know of anyone that has actually got an interview for Consulting in any of the big 4 or just rejections? Clinging to hope still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Hi
    Does anyone know of anyone that has actually got an interview for Consulting in any of the big 4 or just rejections? Clinging to hope still.

Nothing, applied to EY, KPMG and Deloitte

Hi

Consulting PwC, KPMG & Deloitte, nothing yet.. would be good to know if someone already got consulting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Hey
    I only applied for tax at one of the big 4, got a call today inviting me to an interview. Unfortunately I will be abroad for that week and I asked about the possibility of an interview on a different week. They wouldn't do that but instead I was offered a phone interview. Was that a bad mistake on my part?

So decided to just do the phone interview, the trip abroad cannot wait as I have something important to do. I know this question is probably overdone on some other thread, but can anyone tell me what to expect from a big 4 interview? If anyone else did a phone interview, I'd particularly love to hear your experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Peaceplease

So decided to just do the phone interview, the trip abroad cannot wait as I have something important to do. I know this question is probably overdone on some other thread, but can anyone tell me what to expect from a big 4 interview? If anyone else did a phone interview, I'd particularly love to hear your experiences.

Well normal process is a competency based style interview... Questions about your application, why you want to do your chosen area and company...
    Take a look on mgrad.ie for really helpful tips :)
    Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Cheers mate!

I really feel like an a**le for possibly discarding the opportunity of a lifetime. I suppose if its meant to be, it will happen.

Just got email for PwC. I applied for Technology consulting, they called me for my 2nd choice (RAS).
    iF you haven't been rejected yet, there still hope on your 2nd choice

Email I got:

"Congratulations, we would like to invite you to attend a lunch presentation and interview for a Graduate position within our Risk Assurance Solutions practice.

Details of the lunch presentation is as follows:

Date – Thursday 6 November 2014
    Time – 12.00pm
    Location – PwC, One Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1

Interview

To book your interview slot and confirm your availability to attend the lunch presentation please click here.

Once you have booked your interview slot you will then be prompted to confirm your attendance at the lunch presentation.

Which, brings me to this point: PwC website states: candidates for consulting should 'ideally' be studying for a post grad or already have a post grad in any subject.(priority for post grad in consulting perhaps)..missed that bit

Cheers mate!

I really feel like an a**le for possibly discarding the opportunity of a lifetime. I suppose if its meant to be, it will happen.

Exactly keep a positive mind :) best of luck and hope it goes well!

• Advertisement

Anyone going to the Deloitte presentation on Monday? Or the kpmg one on Tuesday?

Do the presentations next week include all candidates for all positions or are they split up over different days does anyone know? Ie. If we have not been invited to one of these presentations is it unlikely we will be interviewed for any position?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LFC1990

I have not heard from the big4 yet, not to worry. I have an interview with crowe howrath scheduled in the coming weeks, anyone got any information on them? Interview process?Are they decent to work for etc. Cheers.

Do the presentations next week include all candidates for all positions or are they split up over different days does anyone know? Ie. If we have not been invited to one of these presentations is it unlikely we will be interviewed for any position?

They are split up I'm in Deloitte Monday and KPMG Tuesday but my friend is the reverse.

Thanks for all the info guys. I am a mature student working full time and studying in the evenings so this forum is invaluable to me as I don't know anyone else going for one of these positions. I always knew I was an outside contender for a grad role as I haven't followed the general path but I'm hoping my grades and perseverance will be picked up one of these days. I'll go with the no news is better than bad news but tomorrow's another day mantra. Fingers crossed everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Pcmcccbc

Hey so I've been lucky enough to get interviews with PWC and Deloitte, I also applied to Grant Thornton, Mazars and RSM FGS but haven't heard back from them. As u will know most applications were similar so I'm surprised I have heard nothing from the later 3 especially since I have been successful with two of the big 4. Anyone in the same position or?

Pcmcccbc wrote: »
    Hey so I've been lucky enough to get interviews with PWC and Deloitte, I also applied to Grant Thornton, Mazars and RSM FGS but haven't heard back from them. As u will know most applications were similar so I'm surprised I have heard nothing from the later 3 especially since I have been successful with two of the big 4. Anyone in the same position or?

May I ask what service line you applied for PwC & Deloitte?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mike890

Hey I got interviews with PWC and kpmg. Anyone going to the Kpmg presentation? Dress code there is business attire right?

Yep the evening one on Tuesday? And ye business attire I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mike890

Yep the evening one on Tuesday? And ye business attire I think :)

Thanks a lot. I am in Belfast, the presentation is on Monday night. Good luck to all of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pcmcccbc

jango_fett wrote: »
    May I ask what service line you applied for PwC & Deloitte?

I applied for audit in dublin for all positions. I've heard that Deloitte have had a record high of applications for consulting...don't know how true this is?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Missed a call from BDO this evening, presumably for interview. I applied for corporate recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 rabbit123

anybody heard back from Baker tilly?

Anybody for EY interview for FS Audit or is everybody UKI Assurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Applied for Big 4 and some other firms but only heard from Deloitte. 4 of us from my class were called for an interview for audit with Deloitte. Heading to the career information event on Monday. Haven't heard anything from the other applications. Should we expect a rejection at some stage or do you just not hear anything?

• Advertisement

s15r330 wrote: »
    Applied for Big 4 and some other firms but only heard from Deloitte. 4 of us from my class were called for an interview for audit with Deloitte. Heading to the career information event on Monday. Haven't heard anything from the other applications. Should we expect a rejection at some stage or do you just not hear anything?

Whatever happens, you will get an email at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Given that it's almost a dead cert for all interviews, what areas are people looking at in terms of commercial awareness? There's so many things you could potentially get asked about. I'd imagine Budget 2015 would be a good starting point but what else? Last year I got asked why my opinion on the lower than expected iPhone 5 sales, which caught me slightly off guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 khan1

Given that it's almost a dead cert for all interviews, what areas are people looking at in terms of commercial awareness? There's so many things you could potentially get asked about. I'd imagine Budget 2015 would be a good starting point but what else? Last year I got asked why my opinion on the lower than expected iPhone 5 sales, which caught me slightly off guard.

Water charges and the protests going on could be another potential question.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MinisterJD

So did many people receive offers from EY last night?

According to threads from previous years,the majority of the good news is given out on the day?

Silence here unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭lightspeed

MinisterJD wrote: »
    So did many people receive offers from EY last night?

According to threads from previous years,the majority of the good news is given out on the day?

Silence here unfortunately.

I did one last night for FS. I think it went ok but some of the partner questions were a bit rough.

I asked the girl handing me a cupcake on the way out when I can expect to get answer if I was successful or not.

She said usually within 48 hours or shortly afterwords. So I asked then if that would be roughly Monday or Tuesday and I think she said "Yeah".

So I dont know if that 48 hour window includes today given it is a Sunday. It might though as I think a lot of the big 4 firms work late and at weekends when reviewing the applications and during the interviews.

lightspeed wrote: »
    I did one last night for FS. I think it went ok but some of the partner questions were a bit rough.

I asked the girl handing me a cupcake on the way out when I can expect to get answer if I was successful or not.

She said usually within 48 hours or shortly afterwords. So I asked then if that would be roughly Monday or Tuesday and I think she said "Yeah".

So I dont know if that 48 hour window includes today given it is a Sunday. It might though as I think a lot of the big 4 firms work late and at weekends when reviewing the applications and during the interviews.

Yeah 48hrs is right.. Also, EY are the king of same day rejection email, if didn't score a cut off mark for the strengths interview..So If you haven't gotten one yet and do get the dreaded email between now & Monday, you have a decent chance.. I was furiously refreshing my email page last night. The torture.

Yeah 48hrs is right.. Also, EY are the king of same day rejection email, if didn't score a cut off mark for the strengths interview..So If you haven't gotten one yet and don't get the dreaded email between now & Monday, you have a decent chance.. I was furiously refreshing my email page last night. The torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MinisterJD

I had an interview for FS Assurance yesterday also and I thought it went reasonably well but if you look at the thread from last year,the majority of successful candidates received a call with the job offer on the same day that they done the interview.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 khan1

I know 3 people who did interviews yesterday at EY and got calls later between 8 - 9 pm. Unfortunately, I wasnt one of them and I am expecting a rejection email by Monday or Tuesday. I am pretty surprised that I did not get a call because I felt that the two interviews were probably the best I have ever done. I did not get stuck in any question, gave 2 examples. In my first interview with Alan (manager), he said I was the best person he has interviewed today. I didn't even ask him how well I performed. In the partner interview with Martina Keane, she said a couple of times during the interview "you are really good". When the interview finished I told her that it was a pleasure talking to her and I hope I have shown her that my personality would fit in well at EY. She responded "oh absolutely". I was very very satisfied when I left the office and thought I would get the job. So I am so surprised that I did not get the call. Funny thing is, one of the guys who got the call failed his Accounting exam in the Management course he did. And he did not seem all that interested about doing Chartered Accounting exams. I am deeply disappointed because I prepared so much for the interview and I did really well. I was so motivated and enthusiastic too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

khan1 wrote: »
    In the partner interview with Martina Keane, she said a couple of times during the interview "you are really good". When the interview finished I told her that it was a pleasure talking to her and I hope I have shown her that my personality would fit in well at EY. She responded "oh absolutely".

You didn't mention anything about Anglo to her, did you? That might still be a bit of a sore spot.

Every year these posts are the same, people disappointed because they don't hear back immediately, when others do. Chill out, do you realise how many applications they have to go through? No news is good news and remember that until the point where you receive bad news.

Damn, quite disappointed to hear that.

After speaking with people from an EY quiz night, i told me about my interest of working in FSA. They advise me to note this on my application which I did and one of them even reviewed my application before it was submitted saying it was very strong.

When I got the call for an interview, I was told my application was very strong and i really should nt even worry much about the interview.

However, on the thursday, i got the email saying it was UKI assurance i was to interview for.

I then phoned them and see if it was possible to change if I had a preference but assured them i would be grateful for industry or FSA.

They phoned me back and advised that there was a cancellation for FSA if I wanted it so I took it.

I wonder now did I screw myself over by interviewing for FSA? Maybe someone reviewed it and said no he is not suitable for FSA and should only have interviewed for UKI

Maybe someone reviewed it and said no he is not suitable for FSA and should only have interviewed for UKI

What exactly do you think is in an application that would make someone read it and think "no, he's definitely not FS material". It just does not happen like that.

For example, a large proportion of people will come from an accounting background, they will have same degree subjects, results, etc, and a similar leaving cert. therefore, on paper, they are basically the same candidate.

For others reading this, find out who is interviewing you, research whether they are FS or industry. If they are FS well then there's a good chance they want you to fill an FS position. Going in and saying you don't want to do FS (even if that is the case) probably won't stand to you in the long run.

What exactly do you think is in an application that would make someone read it and think "no, he's definitely not FS material". It just does not happen like that.

For example, a large proportion of people will come from an accounting background, they will have same degree subjects, results, etc, and a similar leaving cert. therefore, on paper, they are basically the same candidate.

For others reading this, find out who is interviewing you, research whether they are FS or industry. If they are FS well then there's a good chance they want you to fill an FS position. Going in and saying you don't want to do FS (even if that is the case) probably won't stand to you in the long run.

Well it is just that EY seem to pick what department people will interview for so im worrying that whoever makes that decision has now reviewed my interview and decided that I should'nt have even been interviewed for FSA to begin with. As I said, my attitude was that I would be also very happy to interview for UKI either and I was careful to communicate this to the person rearranging me to include me in an interview for FSA.

Do you know if the people reviewing the interviews would be in working on it today? Is it common enough for some people not to get the call until Monday?

Well it is just that EY seem to pick what department people will interview for so im worrying that whoever makes that decision has now reviewed my interview and decided that I should'nt have even been interviewed for FSA to begin with. As I said, my attitude was that I would be also very happy to interview for UKI either and I was careful to communicate this to the person rearranging me to include me in an interview for FSA.

Do you know if the people reviewing the interviews would be in working on it today? Is it common enough for some people not to get the call until Monday?

As I said, they would never look at a candidate and say, "no way should he be doing FS, he should be in industry". It just doesn't happen. The audit process is the same, albeit you're looking at different line items in the balance sheet but the concept is the same. So erase that thought from your head, it's just not likely at all. You will be based on how you did in that interview, they will assess how they think you would fit in with audit in EY. I very much doubt that anyone will be in the offices today, people might work on a Saturday but never heard of anyone being in the office on a Sunday, SO CHILL OUT!

If you don't hear back by Tuesday or Wednesday, you should phone them and start singing the EY anthem down the phone. They would instantly give you the job.

http://youtu.be/q6ndaxAdf80

They sing it at every Christmas party and at the end of busy season away day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I got offered Assurance last night on the phone. I was interviewing for UKI but the Partner said he'd endorse me for COE. I'd be delighted with either, but I didn't ask the person phoning me which I got, so I guess I am waiting for the contract.

I am really surprised to be honest, I was sure the partner wasn't interested in me for that role, he kept saying "you'll be successful whatever you end up doing" which normally means "I am sure you'll get a job somewhere, just not here". Good luck to the rest of you waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Jdking

Did anyone do an EY COE interview and get an offer yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone know anything about the business exercise with KPMG?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kaz234

Had PWC consulting interview Thursday. Anyone know if offers have gone out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MrXY

Kaz234 wrote: »
    Had PWC consulting interview Thursday. Anyone know if offers have gone out yet?

Hi, was your PwC interview mainly competency based questions?
    I had an interview with EY recently and there was no emphasis on the service line what so ever. I may as well have being going for the job as the janitor for all they knew, just simply whoever talked the most ****e got the job, just wondering if PwC was the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MrXY

Also, if anyone has been for an interview with PwC, what is the case study all about?

• Advertisement
Advertisement