Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purple's Palace of Perverse Pleasures (Lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    I hate the way the close for lunch and just leave everyone in the lurch. Couldn't they do it like the banks? :/

yes, me too!
    already had to top up for parking, I'd have to do another one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I feel your pain Joya. I am lucky enough that I live in small rural area so they office is never that busy..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Weather is so unpredictable atm , one minute its raining and now its blazing hot
    O_o

It's foggy and misty here at the moment. Very murky :/

This one is Parnell street, (well technically Kings Inn St.)
    and yes it is busy all the time but I recon this today is slower than usual..
    M here since half 11.. And only one desk is working, they'd have two often..

At least I have net! ��

• Advertisement

Joya wrote: »
    This one is Parnell street, (well technically Kings Inn St.)
    and yes it is busy all the time but I recon this today is slower than usual..
    M here since half 11.. And only one desk is working, they'd have two often..

It's hardly sign on day? I know it's every Tuesday down here..

It's foggy and misty here at the moment. Very murky :/

I loved the weather on the west coast... Lived next to Dursey island for few months when I came to Ireland...

It's hardly sign on day? I know it's every Tuesday down here..

no it's not a sign in day I think it is in October 21st about, and here that is on other desks separately (25, 26), this one (29) is for this ' other jobs' like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I had the OH explain it to me once but it still made no sense to me :/ I reckon it's because car parts are going to break down and people are going to need to buy parts to fix them so that's why they charge so much.

Bearings are gone in the back left wheel hub, breaks are shot to bits (I nearly ditched the car a few weeks back because some ass came around a bend on the wrong side and my car didn't want to stop), there's a fan belt going and the alternator is just hanging in there :/

This all happening the week I go back to college :/

That's all easily replaced when you know where to get the bits :) what car is it mozz?

That's all easily replaced when you know where to get the bits :) what car is it mozz?

A Puegeot 106.

As I said earlier I know it can be easily fixed but financial circumstances at the moment aren't the greatest. I have had no money now for two weeks and I am living on bare minimum. But the minute that the PTE payment comes through I'll get the parts and get it fixed asap!

• Advertisement

A Puegeot 106.

As I said earlier I know it can be easily fixed but financial circumstances at the moment aren't the greatest. I have had no money now for two weeks and I am living on bare minimum. But the minute that the PTE payment comes through I'll get the parts and get it fixed asap!

Ah yeah i know the feeling, my car is getting a bit worse for wear as well, the only way I'm getting by is having other people help, my friend is making me food in exchange to get him to college haha

A 106? Well if you like I'll help you out a bit in doing the bits :)

Ah yeah i know the feeling, my car is getting a bit worse for wear as well, the only way I'm getting by is having other people help, my friend is making me food in exchange to get him to college haha

A 106? Well if you like I'll help you out a bit in doing the bits :)

Thanks pickles but himself has dibs :pac: Naw he's very much like you in that he's into fixing cars and bikes and whatever else has an engine in it. That boy is an anorak I swear :pac: But it's what he's passionate about so I leave him at it :)

Thanks pickles but himself has dibs :pac: Naw he's very much like you in that he's into fixing cars and bikes and whatever else has an engine in it. That boy is an anorak I swear :pac: But it's what he's passionate about so I leave him at it :)

Ah well then fire away :D once it doesnt cost too much, theres a procedure on cars like mine where you have to drop out the oil sump and clear it all out, garages look for about 600/1200. so seeing as ive done it I do it for a bit less, and it saves the car

Good guy pickles! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Can't beat Peugeot 106, handy little cars they are.

Ah well then fire away :D once it doesnt cost too much, theres a procedure on cars like mine where you have to drop out the oil sump and clear it all out, garages look for about 600/1200. so seeing as ive done it I do it for a bit less, and it saves the car

Good guy pickles! :pac:

That just sounds so so awkward!!

My dad is a mechanic as well. He worked on engines of machines like diggers and bulldozers and worked a lot on trucks too but he's fixed plenty of cars too. He's also a truck driver, well was before the accident.

Anyway the whole reason he decided to gain some knowledge in mechanics was because apparently the garage in the village at the time charged my grandfather an extortionate amount of money just to change spark plugs.

He said it's one of the greatest things he's ever learnt. Handy trade to know!

That just sounds so so awkward!!

My dad is a mechanic as well. He worked on engines of machines like diggers and bulldozers and worked a lot on trucks too but he's fixed plenty of cars too. He's also a truck driver, well was before the accident.

Anyway the whole reason he decided to gain some knowledge in mechanics was because apparently the garage in the village at the time charged my grandfather an extortionate amount of money just to change spark plugs.

He said it's one of the greatest things he's ever learnt. Handy trade to know!

You have no idea :pac:

Yeah I was in the same boat kinda, to change oil and basic stuff on my car you'd have to take out about 5 loans, so i taught myself, and intentionally bought the car i have now because it was broken, and learned on that :)

You're dads right though it is a handy thing to know and i agree, it is one of the best things ive learned :)

My father in law has some story about a guy who took his car to a garage. The father in law used to work in the garage. He was told to take out the oil filter in the car, give it a rub with a cloth and then put it back in. He asked about changing the filter and he was laughed at.

Walked out of the job because he couldn't swindle some poor old man out of money. But he said it goes on everywhere. :/

Yeah i wouldnt be able to do that either, if someones genuinely stuck i'll sort them out like and that'l be that, however there's a guy with his van in work at the minute, and has run into a rather handsome four figure sum worth of a bill, he's blaming us for going looking for things to be wrong, when it's his own neglect of the thing that's costing him all this, and its a 09!

Oh same as my dad and OH. They're only happy to help people out. There's one woman I am friends with and she only trusts the OH to fix her car. He's only happy to help her out. She insists on paying him but sure he's happy as long as there's tea! :pac:

Some people shouldn't be allowed own cars/vans/jeeps/push bikes even! I'd just take the van off of him and tell him piss off :pac: My brothers boss refuses to fix the company van. The ABS needs to be fixed and badly and the tires are worn to **** . Apparently they're down to the canvass now! There's something wrong with the water pump too. Brother refuses to drive the van but his boss is just too stingy to pay out and blaming the brother for all the the things that are wrong with the van. Whatever about the water pump, the worn to **** tires and a faulty ABS system has turned that thing into a death trap!

finally home satiated and with a tea! lol

took longer than i thought so no way to finish all other stuff will have to wait for some of it till tomorrow.. :(

why there always have to be some dragging just when i decide to be productive :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lots of mechanic talk between Mozz & ToastedPickles

took longer than i thought so no way to finish all other stuff will have to wait for some of it till tomorrow.. :(

why there always have to be some dragging just when i decide to be productive :rolleyes:

That's always the way :rolleyes: But least you got the social out of the way and that's the main thing :) I know it's a pain that the rest has to be left until tomorrow but hey, you got the most annoying bit out of the way :) I am just back from the social myself and I am happy to report that I have being awarded my claim and my first payment is tomorrow :D According to the main man himself in the office I should have received a letter about it yesterday :rolleyes:
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Lots of mechanic talk between Mozz & ToastedPickles

Cars are somewhat interesting :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jaysus about time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Made a Dr's appointment :o

Everything all right xPPx?

That's always the way :rolleyes: But least you got the social out of the way and that's the main thing :) I know it's a pain that the rest has to be left until tomorrow but hey, you got the most annoying bit out of the way :) I am just back from the social myself and I am happy to report that I have being awarded my claim and my first payment is tomorrow :D According to the main man himself in the office I should have received a letter about it yesterday :rolleyes:

Cars are somewhat interesting :pac:
    well thats true.. other things are i have to prepare some packages for posting and post office is open just till 5 so no way to get on time, but at least i can prepare it now and then just bring it tom..
    other is have to go to ikea to return some stuff.. it waits on me for about two weeks now.. but well i may manage that as its open till 9pm i think.. as i ve college tomorrow wouldn't like to leave it for tomorrow as id be losing another day again..
    btw great for the payment it feels so good :D
    Jaysus about time :eek:

true. btw on my way back i bought me two ciders :lol: i do not drink but it came to me so i did, i blame it on Lairers :D
    well done paws, hope he figures out whats with your hip!

well thats true.. other things are i have to prepare some packages for posting and post office is open just till 5 so no way to get on time, but at least i can prepare it now and then just bring it tom..
    other is have to go to ikea to return some stuff.. it waits on me for about two weeks now.. but well i may manage that as its open till 9pm i think.. as i ve college tomorrow wouldn't like to leave it for tomorrow as id be losing another day again..
    btw great for the payment it feels so good :D

It feels so good to know that it's finally sorted and that I can get on with things now. Only downside is I had to take a day off from college and I didn't really want to do that but eh..best to get sorted once and for all!

true. btw on my way back i bought me two ciders :lol: i do not drink but it came to me so i did, i blame it on Lairers :D

Sounds you need a drink after the morning you had :pac: Not a fan of cider now myself,What kinda cider :-D?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Mozzeltoff wrote:
    Everything all right xPPx?
    My hip/back is acting up again. I wasn't gonna go but the girls in work made me ring for an appointment. :o

• Advertisement

Sounds you need a drink after the morning you had :pac: Not a fan of cider now myself,What kinda cider :-D?

just an old good bulmers :D

146%5C5391516870146%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg146%5C5391516870146%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement