Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purple's Palace of Perverse Pleasures (Lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

Grid. wrote: »
    Have you been to Vicar Street Joya??

I think it's the most intimate big venue in Dub. Or big for an intimate venue whatever way you want to look at it.

It seems smaller than it is. :-)

I saw Ray Davies there once. :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Caprica6 wrote: »
    5 dogs????? that's a lot, I got three and a lizard. Love chickens :D
    Gah just seen about the Agnew dog rotten stuff there.....

Animals are better then people!!
    Yeah, 5. Rottweiler, 2 mini dachshunds, Jack Russell, and a Pug/Terrier cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Warm and cozy

sounds as a good place for recuperation :)

btw grid yea i'd love to check it out :)
    congrats on 6000 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lalealynn wrote: »
    My sense of direction is worse than yours :-P I would say something like this.

I have no idea where anything is in Dubland

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I think it's the most intimate big venue in Dub. Or big for an intimate venue whatever way you want to look at it.

It seems smaller than it is. :-)

I saw Ray Davies there once. :-)

Yeah....I think it's prolly the cleanest venue too:P......I like it alot....but not that fond of the seating arrangement with the tables.;)

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Ain't ya been up to the big smoke yet Ted???:D

Joya wrote: »
    sounds as a good place for recuperation :)

btw grid yea i'd love to check it out :)
    congrats on 6000 :D

Ohhhhhhhhh.....i only copped that now....the number of the posts.....cheers!!!:D

Didn't know what folk were talking about!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seeing as Grid mentioned them, i'd kill to see Motorhead live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

Yeah....I think it's prolly the cleanest venue too:P......I like it alot....but not that fond of the seating arrangement with the tables.;)

We weren't there but in the balconies. I don't think I have ever sat in the table area.

I actually saw the guy who composed the soundtrack to Amelie there too! Magical night! Yann Tiersen is his name.

One of the girls I was with blagged her way backstage to meet him but I was too shy! :-)

I like the bar outside though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

been to vicar st, but went for a comedy show so the tables were good for that setup

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Seeing as Grid mentioned them, i'd kill to see Motorhead live.

You have to see Lemmy some time Lith!!:P

Ohhhhhhhhh.....i only copped that now....the number of the posts.....cheers!!!:D

Didn't know what folk were talking about!!:P

hahah it was just proposed to get to 6000 but its actually 7500 they were talkin about am i right guys? : )

but i congratulated you 6000 just the same :d

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Same here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ain't ya been up to the big smoke yet Ted???:D

Been there a few times, everytime glad to leave.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ive only been to the point depot in Dublin for a slayer gig, is that still there?

You have to see Lemmy some time Lith!!:P

I know, but they seem to avoid Ireland for some strange reason, i have seen Lemmy & Motorhead live albeit a live stream of a festival they were at.

Ive only been to the point depot in Dublin for a slayer gig, is that still there?

It's the 02 now, damn it it's not the even O2, it's now known as The 3Arena.

We weren't there but in the balconies. I don't think I have ever sat in the table area.

I actually saw the guy who composed the soundtrack to Amelie there too! Magical night! Yann Tiersen is his name.

One of the girls I was with blagged her way backstage to meet him but I was too shy! :-)

I like the bar outside though.

Haven't been up there yet.....is it good?

Ah right , I've heard of Yann....cool.:)

Aww.....I know the feeling, i'd be starstruck too!!:D

Mother of god I always thought the o2/3arena was a completely different venue

Same here :D
    now is that so :eek:

how will you bring me my beer then ?

:p

• Advertisement

Name change again......friggin 3 mobile or whatever they're called!!:rolleyes:

well it is completely different as they totally rebuilt it so
    i miss the point stables tbh

saw depeche mode there twas great

The 3Arena, damn it it will always be The 02 to me, and The Point Depot for the elders among us.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Who did you see in Vicar St. Sammy? :)

I know, but they seem to avoid Ireland for some strange reason, i have seen Lemmy & Motorhead live albeit a live stream of a festival they were at.

Been a few years now alright......last time they played the Olympia on Halloween night.....raging I didn't go!!:rolleyes:

Name change again......friggin 3 mobile or whatever they're called!!:rolleyes:

thats not even bad i think the worst change of the name in HISTORY of humankind is change for grand canal theatre to

board gais energy theatre

i mean
    wtf:confused:

now is that so :eek:

how will you bring me my beer then ?

:p

I'll have my GPS tracker don't worry :-D

Been a few years now alright......last time they played the Olympia on Halloween night.....raging I didn't go!!:rolleyes:

What year were they in Ireland for Halloween??

The 3Arena, damn it it will always be The 02 to me, and The Point Depot for the elders among us.

u call yourself elder :eek:

• Advertisement

thats not even bad i think the worst change of the name in HISTORY of humankind is change for grand canal theatre to

board gais energy theatre

i mean
    wtf:confused:

Lmao

What a stupid name :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement