Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purple's Palace of Perverse Pleasures (Lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Joya wrote:
    board gais energy theatre
    That really is an awful name..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Joya wrote: »
    thats not even bad i think the worst change of the name in HISTORY of humankind is change for grand canal theatre to

i mean
    wtf:confused:

I think the name changes are all about the €€€€€€, naming rights and all that jazz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think the name changes are all about the €€€€€€, naming rights and all that jazz.

yes but i mean je*us sweet lord have mercy on our their souls :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

thats not even bad i think the worst change of the name in HISTORY of humankind is change for grand canal theatre to

i mean
    wtf:confused:

Absolutely ridiculous......they should be ashamed of themselves!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

ah but if it keeps them open who really cares! you have a place to go see things!! :D

went to see steven merchant, (ricky gervais' right hand man) he was great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

For venues I've been to the Pint, the Ambassador, Academy, Button Factory, Point/02/3Arena, RDS Simmonscourt (I think), Voodoo Lounge, Whelans, and the Village. Can't think of any others, though I may have missed some.

Edit: Oh yes, Vicar Street too!

Grid. wrote: »
    Absolutely ridiculous......they should be ashamed of themselves!!!!:rolleyes:

yea you should see how it looks like on the building itself :D
    its hilarious

edit:
    wasn lazy :D

6221_54_news_hub_6064_656x500.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Angron wrote: »
    For venues I've been to the Pint, the Ambassador, Academy, Button Factory, Point/02/3Arena, RDS Simmonscourt (I think), Voodoo Lounge, Whelans, and the Village. Can't think of any others, though I may have missed some.

Oh I've been to the voodoo lounge too to see exodus , Whelan's was the other venue I was trying to think of, where is that?

What year were they in Ireland for Halloween??

Correction......twas the 8th Nov 2009.....was another band i meant to see on the 31st.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

Haven't been up there yet.....is it good?

Ah right , I've heard of Yann....cool.:)

Aww.....I know the feeling, i'd be starstruck too!!:D

Yeah :-) great acoustically and you can still see everything and feel close.

• Advertisement

The 3Arena, damn it it will always be The 02 to me, and The Point Depot for the elders among us.

Sponsors should never be allowed to name venues!

village is cool
    was there to see some uhm.. burlesque :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh I've been to the voodoo lounge too to see exodus , Whelan's was the other venue I was trying to think of, where is that?
    It's down on Wexford street, it's basically at the back of a pub. You have to go around to an alley to get to the entrance, though there is a set of double doors from the pub too.

I've been to The O2, Marley Park and The Academy. Liked all of them but preferred The Academy.

I'm heading to see Raglans in Portlaoise next month too. Enjoyed them at EP. :)

village is cool
    Been there twice, once for Decapitated, and once for Anti-Flag.

yea you should see how it looks like on the building itself :D
    its hilarious

edit:
    wasn lazy :D

6221_54_news_hub_6064_656x500.jpg

I 'd like to meet the idiot who came up with that:rolleyes:......you can still see the marks of the old name behind it!!!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I've seen Randy Newman in Vicar St (twice!) and Dave Gorman ... I believe Dave Gorman is on there again this Friday. I really like it as a venue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's down on Wexford street, it's basically at the back of a pub. You have to go around to an alley to get to the entrance, though there is a set of double doors from the pub too.

Nice place?

village is cool

Ohhhh Joya....do tell.....what was that like????:eek: Dita Von Teese.....swinging on a pole????:D

Eeden wrote: »
    I've seen Randy Newman in Vicar St (twice!) and Dave Gorman ... I believe Dave Gorman is on there again this Friday. I really like it as a venue.

Was it the table set up Eeden.....and what ya make of it??

• Advertisement

What's the stupidest/silly/best thing anybody's done while hammered drunk.

Nice place?
    Decent enough, I liked it as a spot for metal gigs, though I don't think I've been to any there in the best part of 3 years. They started moving more towards the Pint/Voodoo Lounge now.

Edit: Oh yes, Vicar Street too!

I used to go to Voodoo a lot anything was VERY loud though because it was so close. Also I like the sugar club. They had a great ska band.

Correction......twas the 8th Nov 2009.....was another band i meant to see on the 31st.;)
    gosh i was so in love back then :d....
    I 'd like to meet the idiot who came up with that:rolleyes:......you can still see the marks of the old name behind it!!!!!:p
    me too!
    id shake his hand
    and hand him the most terrible theatre naming in the history award im sure hed be dilighted
    Ohhhh Joya....do tell.....what was that like????:eek: Dita Von Teese.....swinging on a pole????:D
    aw i cannot say much just that well yea it was
    seXy
    : eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

I once kneed myself in the face when I was drunk, then accidentally punched myself in the face, same night I ended up getting nun chucks untangled from my hair by the lads.....bit accident phone at the best of times!!!

Lithium93_ wrote:
    What's the stupidest/silly/best thing anybody's done while hammered drunk.
    Stupidest - texted my ex about 6 weeks after we broke up... :o
    Silliest - Woke my brother up after falling up the stairs and laughing at myself..

:o

#lightweight

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Was it the table set up Eeden.....and what ya make of it??

Yeah, the table set up. I liked it because I had an awesome seat each time! :)

Silliest - Woke my brother up after falling up the stairs and laughing at myself..

:o

#lightweight

Falling down stairs i've heard of, but falling up the stairs is a first, explain how you managed to fall up stairs.

Got popcorn, this should be interesting.
    Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Falling down stairs i've heard of, but falling up the stairs is a first, explain how you managed to fall up stairs.
    I'm uncoordinated at the best of times, so I probably tripped over my own feet... :o

• Advertisement

Caprica6 wrote: »
    I once kneed myself in the face when I was drunk, then accidentally punched myself in the face, same night I ended up getting nun chucks untangled from my hair by the lads.....bit accident phone at the best of times!!!

Ouchhh :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement