Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purple's Palace of Perverse Pleasures (Lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Aye, I reckon writing is a bit like marathon count the mile by mile instead of searching for the finish line, head down and plough on!.

good way of looking at it:) I sure hope people like it when I'm finished, lost count of the all nighters etc:o

see ya black swan:D have a great time

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Enjoy Swan - stride in there like trinity from matrix, it'll be awesome. :)

Smiler I'll take an educated guess that I'll like it as I like the chat here..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I hate people :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah, you wouldn't be the first to say that here.. What's up??

got a bit distracted talking to himself :o

thanks grem:) here's hoping anyway

what's up chatbox?

• Advertisement

Ah, you wouldn't be the first to say that here.. What's up??

Very busy night in the restaurant , didn't stop from 6 until around 3 . People very annoying coupled with poor management. how are you ?

Oh hell, actually isn't there a saying that hell is other people?? That is a very long shift trying to keep smiling without breaking your teeth.

got a bit distracted talking to himself :o

thanks grem:) here's hoping anyway

what's up chatbox?

Service industry woes . When I am finished up in this job I will never be awkward again.

Oh hell, actually isn't there a saying that hell is other people?? That is a very long shift trying to keep smiling without breaking your teeth.

Also the manager is useless and on his way out. So funny watching them not able to hire someone decent for the job I turned down . I chatted/served with about 150-200 people tonight . I actually wouldn't bow down to a man who wanted to act the bollocks and have a go at someone.

Used to work in that sector.. Could never ever get over the incompetence at managerial level. Where do they get these people.. Oh the rows I had in kitchens it a wonder I'm not messaging from behind bars!.

• Advertisement

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    Service industry woes . When I am finished up in this job I will never be awkward again.

ouch chatbox, that must have been tough going!

Used to work in that sector.. Could never ever get over the incompetence at managerial level. Where do they get these people.. Oh the rows I had in kitchens it a wonder I'm not messaging from behind bars!.

Doesn't surprise me at all , but when I run things I will make sure the plan is perfect . Alas , it is not my business and I already have loads of great reviews. Could do with a few bad ones :pac:

How do you say your name?

ouch chatbox, that must have been tough going!

How are you smiler?

If I complain about a night , it was a tough one. Saw the need for me to train a lot of people tonight :/

Doesn't surprise me at all , but when I run things I will make sure the plan is perfect . Alas , it is not my business and I already have loads of great reviews. Could do with a few bad ones :pac:

How do you say your name?

Usually the good staff want nothing to do with managing because that brings a whole new world of sh1t..

Name is gremlin + inertia

Usually the good staff want nothing to do with managing because that brings a whole new world of sh1t..

Name is gremlin + inertia

I wouldn't mind it but I decided to do something different and i could see I
    wouldn't get the control I needed to make a difference.

I like the name , but I love the word inertia .

How are you smiler?

If I complain about a night , it was a tough one. Saw the need for me to train a lot of people tonight :/

I'm not bad thanks:) little bit tired but think I'll stay up and get an early night tonight. Hope you have better nights:), don't think i'd be able for that

I'm not bad thanks:) little bit tired but think I'll stay up and get an early night tonight. Hope you have better nights:), don't think i'd be able for that

When I was growing up I never thought I'd work in this industry , but i made it my own and I know a lot about wine and food now. Won't be in it for more than a year or so but it really is a sharp learning curve . hows the writing coming along?

I was a chef, I look back with fondness on it despite the hardships of it.. Was lucky enough not to work with too many lads in need of anger management though..

When I was growing up I never thought I'd work in this industry , but i made it my own and I know a lot about wine and food now. Won't be in it for more than a year or so but it really is a sharp learning curve . hows the writing coming along?

that's cool:) fair play to you!

blog writing is going good, really enjoying getting my thoughts out there and the feedback so far has been positive. Book writing is tough but I'm getting there slowly. Hope to show my family a rough draft of what I've done to far so that'll be interesting:):o

wow grem you were a chef, fair play:)

I was a chef, I look back with fondness on it despite the hardships of it.. Was lucky enough not to work with too many lads in need of anger management though..

A kitchen is a very stressful place to be in at the best of times . I am always good at making sure they are happy with me .
    that's cool:) fair play to you!

blog writing is going good, really enjoying getting my thoughts out there and the feedback so far has been positive. Book writing is tough but I'm getting there slowly. Hope to show my family a rough draft of what I've done to far so that'll be interesting:):o

wow grem you were a chef, fair play:)

What is the book about ? I am putting more and more thought into lyrics again

• Advertisement

Sweet dreams :)

A kitchen is a very stressful place to be in at the best of times . I am always good at making sure they are happy with me .

What is the book about ? I am putting more and more thought into lyrics again

it's a non fiction book, sort of like a autobiography :) about my asperger's and what my life was like ( not normal at all!) some of the challenges I faced and how I overcame them. I hope to publish it when it's finished, that's the plan anyway:)

cool, hope it's going well for you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ahem, it's a threesome with a happy ending I'll have you know!. Couldn't finish better than coffee and pastry!.
    Swan!! *gathers Smiler and Swan in for a group hug*

Coffee plus pastry??

Fck sake, why did no-one call me :mad:.

Actually woke up around the times these were posted, maybe my innuendo radar is fixed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Work soon. My mam wants to come with me because there's fog out. I know I'm not driving long but her being in the car is going to be more stressful than if I went alone. Honestly, I feel like she thinks I'm about 12.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Fck sake, why did no-one call me :mad:.

Actually woke up around the times these were posted, maybe my innuendo radar is fixed. :D

Then it wouldn't be a threesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Then it wouldn't be a threesome!

Could have made it a foursome. :rolleyes:

I can't count that high!. :o

Hi peeps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hey there PP.

• Advertisement

Hi, how's you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement