Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purple's Palace of Perverse Pleasures (Lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

No shame in that paws, i cry at almost everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I forgot I was watching Marley & Me, Facebook distracted me! It's probably just as well considering last time I watched it I sobbed. :o

Only film ever to make me cry...never watching it again

Ugh my poor little lungs, today was a very diesel day :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah Marley and Me, that film got spoiled on me.
    Never tell someone a movie about a dog has a sad ending. There's only one way that sort of thing will end.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm trying to lie comfortably in bed and it's not working out too well...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I killed my own thread?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

good morning one and all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I killed my own thread?!

Stand back..

I know CPR, i'll get this going again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Evenin people, got a brew on here..

heyo pp, ted, grem:) *tips hat*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Aloha all! Very near the Pacific bewitching hour here! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ahh the bewitching hour, my favourite! *Sips coffee and waits for mischievous things to happen*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Ahh the bewitching hour, my favourite! *Sips coffee and waits for mischievous things to happen*
    Time for Grem Tales!! :cool:

howdy black swan:D

howdy black swan:D

It's midnight and I didn't get my 1-page Wednesday. I am starting to feel guilty! :o

Black Swan wrote: »
    It's midnight and I didn't get my 1-page Wednesday. I am starting to feel guilty! :o

aww, that's a shame, life gets in the way as i well know :o you can try again though, and write two pages ( if i remember correctly, that's the rules!) don't lose heart. You can do it! :cool:

i'll be joining ye in two pages cos I missed one:o Otherwise all going ok, it has a title now which i'm quite excited about :o:D

i'll be joining ye in two pages cos I missed one:o Otherwise all going ok, it has a title now which i'm quite excited about :o:D
    That's cool smiler! I don't have a title I like yet. Someday... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

hiya smiler swan grem :) morning and coffee time here!

Happy Thor's Day Joya! :D

That's cool smiler! I don't have a title I like yet. Someday... :cool:

thanks! just an idea at the moment so it may change. That's ok about the title, most people decide on that towards the end ( and I've a long way to go yet!) so you'll find one you like someday:cool:

I'm looking forward to reading it! :)

good morning joya:)

That's ok about the title, most people decide on that towards the end
    I've heard that the book publisher may suggest a different title too. Working titles are cool.

• Advertisement

Happy Thor's Day Joya! :D

Happy happy to you too Swannie! never asked what is that you are writing, a novel or short stories or idk memoirs :d
    good morning joya:)

morning smiler!

Joya wrote: »
    Happy happy to you too Swannie! never asked what is that you are writing, a novel or short stories or idk memoirs :d
    A 3rd attempt at writing a novel. :pac:

I've heard that the book publisher may suggest a different title too. Working titles are cool.

yeah heard that too:) indeed they are, always interesting how a author comes up with a title( or the publisher)

yeah heard that too:) indeed they are, always interesting how a author comes up with a title( or the publisher)
    For marketing reasons methinks.

A 3rd attempt at writing a novel. :pac:

great looking forward to reading it!

i had 3 attempts to write a book in my life

the idea still does not go off of me soo who knows once i am wise and old i might give it another shot : )

btw i had titles for two of those even with just few chapters written :d

how's you joya?:)

totally agree there black swan:)

im good smiler, that event yesterday was really worth it, not sure when the movie will hit the cinemas (as this was the premiere) but will recommend it

glad ive sorted out all the matters in relation to colleges.. so that's settled now

how are you today? slept last night? : )

i had 3 attempts to write a book in my life
    My first novel attempt generated 50,000 words, or about half a novel in length, then I got chronic writer's block and couldn't write a page more.

Second attempt only produced 2 short chapters.

Third is in progress, trying for 1-page a day. If you can do 1-page, by the end of a year you have a novel. :cool:

im good smiler, that event yesterday was really worth it, not sure when the movie will hit the cinemas (as this was the premiere) but will recommend it

glad ive sorted out all the matters in relation to colleges.. so that's settled now

how are you today? slept last night? : )

that's good, glad that all went well at the event:) ohh cool, glad it's all settled, you all excited and nervous?

I'm not bad myself thanks:) I fell asleep quite early and then woke up at about 2 in the morning! I had a great sleep though, just not quite the right hours of the day lol.

That's great you tried to write about your life, you should go for it! ( when you're ready)

• Advertisement

My first novel attempt generated 50,000 words, or about half a novel in length, then I got chronic writer's block and couldn't write a page more.

Second attempt only produced 2 short chapters.

Third is in progress, trying for 1-page a day. If you can do 1-page, by the end of a year you have a novel. :cool:

yea well my "creative process" never worked well with self-discipline.. it had a rhythm of its own..
    even in architecture or in programming i find its the same thing.. circling around till i have to leave it, and then when i do not "think about it" it comes to me just like that..
    so i've learned that .. that i cannot push it..

although 1 page a day sounds lovely as idea, even half page a day maybe..
    perhaps i can give it a try? : )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement