Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purple's Palace of Perverse Pleasures (Lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

that's good, glad that all went well at the event:) ohh cool, glad it's all settled, you all excited and nervous?

I'm not bad myself thanks:) I fell asleep quite early and then woke up at about 2 in the morning! I had a great sleep though, just not quite the right hours of the day lol.

That's great you tried to write about your life, you should go for it! ( when you're ready)

about my new college i am a little worried how will i manage all those hours (20 hours per week) with my ucd studies and potential full-time job i hope to find very soon..

but - will see.. lectures start on monday so hope also to meet some new people etc : )

writing was not about my life thought it was of course "inspired" by it :d

i wrote a blog (stories from my life) for about 6 years (in serbian) which i really enjoyed and was well accepted
    also wrote poetry lol... some in english too :d

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

That's great you tried to write about your life, you should go for it! ( when you're ready)
    Joya wrote: »
    although 1 page a day sounds lovely as idea, even half page a day maybe..
    perhaps i can give it a try? : )
    You can join smiler and I here Joya encouraging each other to write 1-page. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Only one more early morning... I can do this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Only one more early morning... I can do this.
    Happy Thor's Day Paws!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

about my new college i am a little worried how will i manage all those hours 920 hours per week) with my ucd studies and potential jb i hope to find very soon..

but - will see.. lectures start on monday so hope also to meet some new people etc : )

writing was not about my life thought it was of course "inspired" by it :d

i wrote a blog (stories from my life) for about 6 years (in serbian) which i really enjoyed and was well accepted
    also wrote poetry lol... some in english too :d

ahh ok, hopefully you'll find a way to manage your hours, busy busy! Tis natural to be nervous but i'm sure you'll be fine.

ok, sorry think i misread the bit where you said where you tried to write..but you can always try again. Never to late

That's cool you wrote a blog:) good way to get random thoughts out.

• Advertisement

Past 1AM Pacific. Need my beauty sleep, ha! Catch ye later. Bye! :D

That's cool you wrote a blog:) good way to get random thoughts out.
    it surely is.. specially when you get a feedback from your blog friends it is something special really..
    its here http://dvemarije.wordpress.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

it surely is.. specially when you get a feedback from your blog friends it is something special really..
    its here http://dvemarije.wordpress.com/

nice!:)

my blog is here if you want to take a look :http://ramblingsfromaninsomniac.blogspot.ie/

nice!:)

my blog is here if you want to take a look :http://ramblingsfromaninsomniac.blogspot.ie/

i sure will!!

i have a blog (more with my poetry) on blogspot (in english) :d

but haven't write in aagggeeesss...

too long perhaps.

Black Swan wrote: »
    You can join smiler and I here Joya encouraging each other to write 1-page. :D

laters swannie! i will consider and let ya know! <3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*pokes his head in the door*

Anybody in here ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Heyo Seph!.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heyo Seph!.

*jumps backwards*

Bahhh

You scared me grem :D

How's you and joya today?

Hi Seph :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's these silent Grem-paws i have.... Apologies *makes java offering in apology*

hiya sephmon o/ gremwomon o/ ppwomon o/ :d

m fine seph hows you :)

grey and foggy here today :

So quiet in work, it's a lovely change.

That's brilliant Paws, you could do with it.. I'm on second day off, just chillin, it's great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Afternoon noclets.

Hiya Mozz, how's it hangin??

• Advertisement

Hanging like curtains :pac:

Ara not too bad now. Catching up on some internet time :D How are you?

Hanging like curtains :pac:

Ara not too bad now. Catching up on some internet time :D How are you?

Same here just popped into town for a nose around as I've been very lazy..

I have to head into town soon (boo!!). OH wants me to go with him and get dinner but he has to tax the car before that. Can't do it online because they won't register his insurance company details..thoughts of getting up and putting on jeans and shoes hurts me..

Tomorrow is going to be mental busy so I'm taking a half day today instead of tomorrow, don't wanna leave everyone in the lurch here. :)

id be meeting this evening with my college friend that is much younger than myself, he invited me to his place (folks went to usa for a couple of weeks :d) so to have a pizza movie night lol
    i met with him few times before and made clear that it is friendship from my side but he kept on calling me to this and that and whatever not etc and so now
    i decided ill go. i got tired of my own defenses i guess lol

will try to just relax and enjoy it :d
    without going much further into anything i do not want to

is it wise? :pac:

id be meeting this evening with my college friend that is much younger than myself, he invited me to his place (folks went to usa for a couple of weeks :d) so to have a pizza movie night lol
    i met with him few times before and made clear that it is friendship from my side but he kept on calling me to this and that and whatever not etc and so now
    i decided ill go. i got tired of my own defenses i guess lol

will try to just relax and enjoy it :d
    without going much further into anything i do not want to

is it wise? :pac:

I was once in a situation like that. I liked the guy but it was clear I only liked him as a friend. He still invited me to the cinema and out for a meal but I would always shoot him down because if I said yes I felt as I would be leading him on.

We did have a movie night one evening but there was another friend there. He did try it on a little (putting his arm around me) but I told him straight out that I didn't want him getting too close and cuddly with me because I didn't feel that way about him and I found it a little inappropriate.

Don't get me wrong he was a nice chap but I just didn't see him in that way.

My opinion would be to be straight up with him and let him know you are there but as a friend and only a friend. If he doesn't respect that get up and leave.

Harsh but fair.

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    I was once in a situation like that. I liked the guy but it was clear I only liked him as a friend. He still invited me to the cinema and out for a meal but I would always shoot him down because if I said yes I felt as I would be leading him on.

We did have a movie night one evening but there was another friend there. He did try it on a little (putting his arm around me) but I told him straight out that I didn't want him getting too close and cuddly with me because I didn't feel that way about him and I found it a little inappropriate.

Don't get me wrong he was a nice chap but I just didn't see him in that way.

My opinion would be to be straight up with him and let him know you are there but as a friend and only a friend. If he doesn't respect that get up and leave.

Harsh but fair.

i did tell him twice already! :d i really did.
    he asked if he may kiss me afterwards he asked me if id stay the night lol (even i told him my age and all [he's in his 'almost 30ies'])
    so after that i didnt meet with him, always some excuse

but the truth is, i feel good and relaxed in his company lol
    and night like tonight could be enjoyable for me

so, since the situation will be as it will be - i believe we'd have clear relation then so : ) i think he's kind of romantic so i do not want to hurt him either..

on the other subject.. course i enrolled into leads to a Higher Diploma (Level 8 NFQ)

is that qualification in Ireland valued the same as BSc?

cannot find that info.. if anyone knows : )

and can someone progress to Masters after Higher Diploma, or
    is the "Postgraduate Diploma" the only option (both are Level 9)

not sure if my question is clear :d

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

on the other subject.. course i enrolled into leads to a Higher Diploma (Level 8 NFQ)

is that qualification in Ireland valued the same as BSc?

cannot find that info.. if anyone knows : )

and can someone progress to Masters after Higher Diploma, or
    is the "Postgraduate Diploma" the only option (both are Level 9)

not sure if my question is clear :d

Tis indeed! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement