Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kraków - Hostels

• 08-09-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just booked flights for a weekend in Kraków for late November and I'm looking for some hostel recommendations.

Ideally I'm looking for somewhere in a central location with handy transport links and decent(clean) facilities. I'll be travelling solo so I'd also like to stay in a hostel with its own bar where I can meet other folk but I don't want to stay somewhere full of stag parties!

All tips and suggestions are welcome?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This place - Brama Hostel, on Florianska near the Gate.
    http://www.bramahostel.pl/en/core/home.php?_PageID=34218

It's actually more a very basic hotel than a hostel. Has its own bar but it is surrounded by bars as it's within the Old Town. Breakfast (Polish style, bread, ham, tomatoes, pickles, cheese) included.

You will probably find cheaper, but it is very safe and clean. I used to bring school groups there when I was teaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭cson

Tom & Gregs; party hostel. Great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I highly recommend Mosquito hostel. I went here on my first solo trip, nervous as hell and it turned out to be the best decision I made. The staff are really friendly and get to know everyone personally. The common room is small enough that you will definitely get chatting to others. They have social events set up every night such as drinking games, shisha and other stuff and they make a huge effort to get everyone together for this. Around 11pm they take everyone out on a free pub crawl, so whether you're looking for a night out or want to get to bed early enough it suits everybody, they also buy shots for everyone on the pub crawl.

Free breakfasts and dinners everyday also. There's no bar but they encourage everyone to go to the mini-market opposite the hostel and buy some drinks and bring them to the common room. This is better imo as it's much cheaper, it's basically pre-drinking before heading out and they've always got something fun lined up for the evening.

Facility wise it's grand too. Everything's clean, good showers, plugs and light by every bed, massive lockers, comfy beds. They also have organised tours with a tour company to Auschwitz and also to the salt mines. They are around €30 each and this includes return transport from the front door of the hostel. They can also organise a fixed taxi fare to pick you up to or from the airport. Location wise, it's about a 5min walk to the main square and around a 10min walk to the main train station. There's also a tram stop right outside the door.

I picked this hostel based on the fact it was rated No.5 best small hostel in the world at the 2014 Hoscars and I would say that's fairly accurate. I made a lot of great friends here and my trip to Krakow really revolved around this place hence my glowing recommendation! Definitely the best hostel I've stayed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭lc180

Wow thanks grimm for the long review!
    Cheers folks these are all a big help

Advertisement