Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-op in UL?

• 09-09-2014 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm a second year student doing Psychology and Sociology and I'm doing co-op this January. Needless to say, I'm terrified I'm going to get a bad placement but I have a number of questions that will hopefully help a little at least.

First of all, I sadly can't afford to stay outside of Limerick. It's just not possible with Erasmus looming and it isn't feasible. Also I'd love to get somewhere paid, I've heard it would be difficult but any money would be a great help towards Erasmus.

So.. if I worked in the Psychology Department in the college would I get paid? Its an option I wouldn't be too opposed to, but if I were to be paid that would be a bonus.

Is it too late for me to organise my own placement? If not, are there any psychologists in Limerick that could possibly take me on?

What are the odds of me having to go on placement outside of Limerick? What are the chances of me getting a paid placement? I did very well in first year QCA-wise so I'm hoping that will stand in my favour.

If I get offered a placement can I reject it and will I get another offer? What are peoples experience of it?

Cheers everyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Anyone? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

No idea if you'd get paid or not working there. There are co-op placements in the co-op office and library which are paid. The SU also take some though unpaid.

Not too late to organise at all as some people don't have interviews for January placements until right before Christmas.

I suggest that you go talk to the relevant person in the co-op office about where you want to go. They're not as bad as some people might make them out to be :)

Advertisement