Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Holiday Visa - Colombian living in Australia

Options
  • 09-09-2014 5:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place for this but hoping someone can help me.

I, an Irish citizen, am living in Australia and want to bring my Colombian partner home to Ireland at Christmas to meet my family.

He is currently on a bridging visa awaiting the outcome of his Permanent Residency decision, could be next month or 3 months time. So I guess he technically does not have permission or evidence thereof of permission to stay. We have been dating since Jan '14 and do not currently live together.

Is there anyway in which I can bring him home with me for the trip? I know it states under most of the requirements for a Visa that evidence of permission to return to the country of residency for at least 3 months after intended departure from Ireland.

Family Member of Irish Citizen visa does not have this requirement listed. Would a Certificate of a Registered relationship suffice?

Any help or comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement