Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheeler Dealers

Options
  • 09-09-2014 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

Was that a new episode I saw last night?
    Jaguar XJC

Ridiculously mint when purchased, all they did was fit a new water pump bearing and electronic ignition and changed the exhaust

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

There were a few other small niggles with it, the steering wheel being the most obvious, and the battery cooler, probably not something most would bother with.

basicly a quick flip, bought from a trader, fixed cheap, small 'profit'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Very poor show on the xjc, edd finally copping on.

Ceramic coated manifolds , what a load of superfluous cobblers .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

fact is they could have made more "profit" leaving the exhaust alone (just fixing the manifold) and ignoring things like the battery cooler which most buyers wouldn't even notice.

Poor episode....in contrast car SOS episode I saw night before did a very derelict Rover P5B and was very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

The highlight was edd's induction heater, I wants me one of them

I agree on the exhaust, but the battery cooler is what makes the show interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Anyone see this episode S11 E15 ? Season 11, must be doing something right ;)
    Mike and Edd recap their best deals, biggest gambles, worst breakdowns, handover nightmares, biggest headaches, greatest car transformations, and best test drives.

• Advertisement
Advertisement