Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona Match

• 09-09-2014 9:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

Hi I just bought tickets to the Barcelona vs Atletico game

Sun 11 Jan 2015 20:00
    Date & Time to be Confirmed
    FC Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid
    Camp Nou, Barcelona

I want to book flights but it says Date and Time to be confirmed, I'm just wondering has any idea if the date will change dramatically/time from their experience or is this just something that's standard?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fixture dates are only ever confirmed about 10 -14 days before a fixture as the Spanish FA are an odd bunch. Chances are the game will be either 7pm or 9pm Saturday or 6pm/8pm Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

yeah, Barcelona is a great place to visit, so book flights to go on the Friday, and come back on the Monday, you'll be covered with that.

Visit some sights on the day the match isn't on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Appreciate that lads thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That is such a great match to be going to, enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Sounds like a great trip to pass those long winter months when the LOI is on a break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

A Monday evening kick-off is also possible, so would book Tuesday just to be sure. It's usually a time for mid to lower-table teams but there was a Clasico not too long ago on a Monday night so it's always a possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats because it clashed with the Catalan elections. I think that's the only Monday game Barca have played since that time slot was introduced.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A couple of seasons ago, you could be at least sure that this game would be on either Saturday or Sunday evening at 9pm/10pm CET. Now with the way La Liga fixtures are spread out consecutively over the weekend it could be anytime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Hi I just bought tickets to the Barcelona vs Atletico game

Sun 11 Jan 2015 20:00
    Date & Time to be Confirmed
    FC Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid
    Camp Nou, Barcelona

I want to book flights but it says Date and Time to be confirmed, I'm just wondering has any idea if the date will change dramatically/time from their experience or is this just something that's standard?

Big Cork City fan here. I have been to Barcelona quite a few times in the last few years as my Aunt has lived there for 50 years (she is married to a Catalan).

Besides the game you really need to go and see the La Sagrada Família. Its one of the most incredible buildings in the world. Buy the tickets online here before you go. Buy a T-10 ticket on the metro rather than buying individual tickets all the time and watch your belongings all the time on the metro. Quite a lot of pick pockets down there. Enjoy the trip.

Plus if you are interested in History you should take this trip - its brilliant and cheap.

http://iberianature.com/barcelona/history-of-barcelona/spanish-civil-war-tour-in-barcelona/

If you like Wine and Food this is fantastic as well but its fairly expensive but worth it. He takes you round loads of Barcas restaurants and introduces you to different wines and food (loads) and also walks through different areas between the restaurants telling you about the History. He is an Aussie. You can ask him about how important Barcelona FC was in the time of Franco. (or you could be too pissed) and other such things.

http://www.taste-barcelona.com/

Advertisement