Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5C -- Car player?

• 09-09-2014 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi guys,

I'm going on a long roadtrip with my mum soon, so rather than suffer cochlear haemorrhage via Kylie Minogue, I was just wondering if it was still possible to get hold of those iPhone accessories that hook your phone up to a car's stereo.

I know many modern cars have slots for iPhones/iPods, but I'm looking specifically for devices that connect the phone to the car's cigarette lighter, or some other readily available slot. My mum drives a fairly rickety Subaru Forester (I think 2000-2003 reg), so it's not kitted out.

Do these accessories charge the phone in the process?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Just search Amazon/eBay/adverts for "itrip"
    It works by sending your music on an fm frequency to which you tune your car-radio. The cigarette lighter bit is only to power the device and/or your phone. You can get some without the lighter, they run on batteries or your phone battery.
    They're a cheap and not very good (audio) quality device so don't expect too much. Cable would be much better.
    For €20-30 you can buy a half decent Bluetooth speaker, at least you might get some use out of that after...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

if the car has a cassette deck, you could get one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/IOMAX-Car-Cassette-Adapter-Black/dp/B001AZKRQ6

you will probably get one in a 2€, dealz etc. type shop

Advertisement