Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying FIFA 15 from us store

Options
  • 09-09-2014 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Hey lads / ladies does anyone know for sure if you buy FIFA 15 from us store that you can play online in Ireland.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Hey lads / ladies does anyone know for sure if you buy FIFA 15 from us store that you can play online in Ireland.

Thanks

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

AGoodison wrote: »
    Yes

Cheers did you buy FIFA previously and it worked?

Cheers did you buy FIFA previously and it worked?

I buy all my games(including fifa) off the us store. Never had a problem. The only game you might have a problem with is the elder scrolls online when it's released as it's split up the servers based on region.

Great stuff I'll get it there so just wasn't sure with ea they can be feckers at time's

Thanks for replying by the way

• Advertisement

Were do you buy ur psn codes from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

I have never done this before so I would like to clarify the steps just to be on the safe side:

1 - Create a new PSN account as a second user picking US as the country and adding a random US address
    2 - Buy credit/virtual coins from Amazon and then pre-order or buy the game from the US PSN user account
    3 - Play the game only from the US PSN, does that mean that all the trophies and experience levels will be lost or remain attached to the main user rather than the US PSN?
    4 Will the playstation plus work for the US PSN?

cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

alwald wrote: »
    I have never done this before so I would like to clarify the steps just to be on the safe side:

1 - Create a new PSN account as a second user picking US as the country and adding a random US address
    2 - Buy credit/virtual coins from Amazon and then pre-order or buy the game from the US PSN user account
    3 - Play the game only from the US PSN, does that mean that all the trophies and experience levels will be lost or remain attached to the main user rather than the US PSN?

cheers

Basically you only buy from the US store, you login using your Irish account and all content you bought on your US account will work on your Irish account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

alwald wrote: »

cheers

1. Yes.
    2. Yes, but any dlc for the game must be bought off the same store.
    3. Play the game on your console, don't have to use the account you bought it with.
    4. No, PS+ is region specific

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

is getting onto the US store as simple as changing IP address and using a VPN ?

• Advertisement

s8n wrote: »
    is getting onto the US store as simple as changing IP address and using a VPN ?

No VPN, needed. Itll just work.

Ordered there works out at about 46 Euro so not bad game stop wanted 69.99 so good saving. I don't usually trade FIFA until the new one comes out and it's worth feck all so digital is fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Question on this does pre load work with the games also on the ps store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

AGoodison wrote: »
    No VPN, needed. Itll just work.

Seriously ??

How do I change it then ?

Seriously ??

Change what?
    Have you done any research into this at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Seriously ??

You have to create a new user/account with a US address

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nutmeg

Does it unlock on the US release date or as usual on the Friday?

Nutmeg wrote: »
    Does it unlock on the US release date or as usual on the Friday?

My research leads me to believe it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nutmeg

Very interesting. The early release would really only be another bonus on top of the money saved anyway so it's a win either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Also when buying pack now would have you to buy from the american store in order for them to work ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Just read comments elsewhere about Amazon asking for proof of address when using a US Amazon AC with a non-US card. Anyone run into that problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Just read comments elsewhere about Amazon asking for proof of address when using a US Amazon AC with a non-US card. Anyone run into that problem?

I didn't. I just added a new address to my usual amazon account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Is it available to preorder on US PSN? Any ideas on the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

jenno86 wrote: »
    Is it available to preorder on US PSN? Any ideas on the price?

Yeah its 70 dollars for the normal one and 80 for the Ultimate Edition

Can you preorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Yeah you can

Yeah its 70 dollars for the normal one and 80 for the Ultimate Edition

I preordered last week seems to work out at about 46 Euro on credit card so good price

I preordered last week seems to work out at about 46 Euro on credit card so good price

Where you able to use CC or did you purchase PSN credit? How much did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Can you use an irish CC to purchase this on the US store?

• Advertisement

jenno86 wrote: »
    Where you able to use CC or did you purchase PSN credit? How much did you get?

Bought 50 and 10 dollar cards from Amazon us

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement