Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying FIFA 15 from us store

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

You have to use Amazon to get the PSN credit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

How early is early release?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

J Mysterio wrote: »
    How early is early release?

US is Tuesday the 23rd. 3 days earlier than EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Xtra vision offering €35 store credit for fifa 14, you could get fifa 15 for €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

eddhorse wrote: »
    Xtra vision offering €35 store credit for fifa 14, you could get fifa 15 for €35.

When I rang last week it was 18 Euro were did you see this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Deadly Derek

Im not so sure of the idea that buying the digital games from the US psn is actually cheaper.
    For me personally the physical disk works out cheaper in the long run since I trade games in.

An example would be I paid €59 from Argos for Sniper Elite 3, after finishing with it i traded it in for €33 cash.
    That meant the use of the game for a few months till I was done with it was only €26.
    It would have cost way more to buy it digital on the US psn even, probably €46 as usual.

A game like Fifa holds its value well that's why I'm buying the physical Fifa 15, so when I'm done with it I'll have got to have it for much cheaper than a digital copy when I trade it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yea but as has been pointed out, you will probably only look to trade it in when 2016 comes out and the value of 2015 plummets.

2014 seems to be worth around €18 in credit now?

I would usually trade it in about 2 or 3 months before the new fifa is due out.
    For me the physical disk is cheaper, but as you say it depends how long people plan to keep it for..

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

I would usually trade it in about 2 or 3 months before the new fifa is due out.
    For me the physical disk is cheaper, but as you say it depends how long people plan to keep it for..

I think if your talking pound for pound it is cheaper. But once you get into physical vs digital then other factors play apart like personal preference. I personally buy games I will play all year on line But games I know I'll trade on disc.

Yea that's a fair point, I guess there's valid arguments on both sides when you put it that way..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 donKretone

If you buy digital copy you can install game on two systems. I bought few games like this and I used them with my brother. Then price for one system is 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

donKretone wrote: »
    If you buy digital copy you can install game on two systems. I bought few games like this and I used them with my brother. Then price for one system is 50%.

is it on PS4 or Xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Hi,

Quick question, I was playing Fifa 14 on my normal acc and if I make a new acc to download the us store etc will my coins and Fifa level etc carry over the when I load up the game on my original profile ?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Eldoco wrote: »
    Hi,

Quick question, I was playing Fifa 14 on my normal acc and if I make a new acc to download the us store etc will my coins and Fifa level etc carry over the when I load up the game on my original profile ?

I can't see why they would. Two separate accounts. (not trying to be smart)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The 14gb file downloaded very fast for me this morning.

Won't get to play until 6pm though.

AGoodison wrote: »
    I can't see why they would. Two separate accounts. (not trying to be smart)

Thanks just cautious as have built up a fairly decent level and have roughly 85k worth of coins I didn't want to lose

Hi,

No they won't but you will use the US account just to download the game, once downloaded use your normal account to play and all the coins will be there as usual ;)

alwald wrote: »
    No they won't but you will use the US account just to download the game, once downloaded use your normal account to play and all the coins will be there as usual ;)

Cheers , Fifa tonight so ..

I presume there will be decent you tube links etc and how to do the us store process as haven't looked into mysself until I saw this post

Cheers , Fifa tonight so ..

I presume there will be decent you tube links etc and how to do the us store process as haven't looked into mysself until I saw this post

Very simple, open PSN website and make sure to change the country at the bottom to the USA, once done create a new PSN account with a new email address and put a USA address, you can put your Irish address but change the city, the county and the post code. Once it's created add it to you PS4 as a second user.
    Go to Amazon.com (USA one) and log in, go to your profile and add a USA address on it and pick it as the primary address, buy the vouchers that you need (one $50 and one $10), you will receive an instant email with the code, make sure that you are using the USA account on your PS4, co the the store and redeem them, once done buy FIFA15, install it, change user and play with the Irish one.

It's very very simple, enjoy the game lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Can anyone shed light on this warning on the amazon site for the description of the PSN codes:

"Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address"

Can you still use an irish credit card and billing address but just create an amazon account with a US address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Can anyone shed light on this warning on the amazon site for the description of the PSN codes:

"Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address"

Can you still use an irish credit card and billing address but just create an amazon account with a US address?

Yep Just make sure there is a made up address for the amazon account too. Think mine is in Alsaka somewhere:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Pick a state with 0% sales tax

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Anyone else finding the installation painfully slow?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Would be using the US servers, I'd imagine.
    Make a cup of tea - be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

F1ngers wrote: »
    Would be using the US servers, I'd imagine.
    Make a cup of tea - be grand.

I'm on my 3rd cup :P

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Unearthly wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the installation painfully slow?

Horribly slow. And with just the demo features to play with whilst it installs. Guess I won't be getting stuck into it til tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭kod12

Prob a stupid question but once bought on a US account can you still play online on your Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

kod12 wrote: »
    Prob a stupid question but once bought on a US account can you still play online on your Irish account?

Yep. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭kod12

NIce one thaks for the help that was easy just bought the game now to wait for the download. Cheers guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 donKretone

alwald wrote: »
    is it on PS4 or Xbox one?

It's PS3... I believe on PS4 should be the same.
    I have 2 users on my PS3 my and my brother. If he buying something from PSstore I use his ID on my console to download game. then I switch to my ID to play this game so we can play online together in the same game.
    One psn ID can be active only on 2 the same systems (two PS3).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement