Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Credits

Options
  • 09-09-2014 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Now I dont understand the tax system but recently i set up my account on paye anytime. a couple of years ago I paid 3500 for braces because I was waiting for years on the medical card system. I entered this into the paye anytime and it has went into my tax credits for that year.

What I want to know is do I get an actual refund to my bank account or what actually happens with the 3500.

Any information appreciated.

Thanking You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59,608 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Assuming that you paid enough tax in that year and that you provided your bank account details to the PAYE Online system, you should receive 20% of the €3500 [€700] back directly to your bank account. processing times are usually pretty quick using the online system.
    They will send a cheque if you didn't provide bank account details. Also, it might be possible that the repayment is subject to clearance [I don't know what the threshold is for making refunds- I typically get back under €250-300 without issue].

Advertisement