Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insure gaming mouse?

Options
  • 09-09-2014 10:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭

i have a mouse worth 80e and does anyone know if i can get it insured?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

its a g700s, worth a lot of money pal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Sure. I think the premium is about €79.99

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Possibly, but only your insurer will know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Are you actually serious?

I'd assume you could do it under house contents? But 80? What do you expect is gonna happen to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What risks are you trying to insure against?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

innthe wrote: »
    its a g700s, worth a lot of money pal

€80 isn't a lot of money.

But if you want to insure small gadgets, then search for "gadget insurance Ireland". There's some places that will insure your phone, laptop and other items. But Phones and laptops are typically worth around €500+, so €80 is a fairly small amount to insure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Your warranty with the mouse should cover it for 2 years anyways.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Right folks can we have helpful replies only please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

You could add it to your house contents insurance but most policy would have an excess of of something like €250 so you would not be able to make a claim for €80

Even gadget insurance Ireland says
    There is an excess fee of €50 for all claims which must be paid before your claim can be approved.

So if you claimed the most you would benefit would be €30 less whatever premium you paid in the first place.

In my view it would be more cost effective to stick €80 aside in case anything happened to the mouse and if nothing happens you still have the money.

Advertisement