Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOS Boardgames

• 09-09-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

To get my boardgame fix lately ,I have been playing a lot Lords of Waterdeep and Star Realms on the Ipad.Also got a copy of Talisman and Agricola.There seems to be a lot of new releases in the pipeline this year.
    Is anyone else playing any good IOS boardgames?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭rzaba666

Le Havre
    Star Realms - iOS/Android

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Are these any use as solo plays? Or do you play online or pass and play? Or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭rzaba666

mostly solo plays against AI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The AI on Star Realms puts up a reasonable fight at Medium or Hard. Online against others is where it's at though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Are these any use as solo plays? Or do you play online or pass and play? Or what?

IMO Star realms and Lords of waterdeep are great as solo play.In waterdeep you can pick the number of AI players and their skill level.
    Only played one game of Agricola and a few turns of Tailisman ,but both look good.
    I see twilight struggle is in the pipeline.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭starvin

The IOS version of Ticket To Ride is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

Got LoW last night and really like it. Just have to get the iPad from daughter....

Picked up Ghost Stories a while back for the ipad.I have played about 20+ games and have yet to win a game.:(
    Hope to play the boardgame in the next week or so.Hopefully I will have better luck with live players.

Picked up Ghost Stories a while back for the ipad.I have played about 20+ games and have yet to win a game.:(
    Hope to play the boardgame in the next week or so.Hopefully I will have better luck with live players.

Doubtful, this thing is hard as nails. Good fun though. Just pray you don't get the Hope Killer for the incarnation of Wu Feng, if and when you get that far :)

Doubtful, this thing is hard as nails. Good fun though. Just pray you don't get the Hope Killer for the incarnation of Wu Feng, if and when you get that far :)

Have you won many games?.

• Advertisement

Have you won many games?.

No - played it maybe fifteen times, won 2 or 3, at the easiest settting. I do like a challenge though, and the card illustrations are so good...

No - played it maybe fifteen times, won 2 or 3, at the easiest settting. I do like a challenge though, and the card illustrations are so good...

Finally won my first game of ghost stories on the iPad.It took over 25 games and a online strategy video .................but damn it feels good. :D
    I have yet to win playing the boardgame ,but I have only played 3 games so far.
    A really addictive game IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 JesterWX58

Sentinels of the Multiverse plays quite well on the iPad.

Advertisement