Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alloy wheel repair needed.

• 09-09-2014 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭

I managed to put a small kerb-mark on a new alloy wheel. It's very small, about 1.5 ins. in the rim but I keep looking at it, so it has to be repaired :mad:

Has anyone had work done by http://www.wheelfix.ie/contact-us/ in Ballyneety?

Does the owner do good, invisible repair work? The car is only eight months old and otherwise unmarked so a good fix is desired here :)

Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Mac 3

google Wheeldoctor in Tipp town. He did mine.. Excellent job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Dont have first hand experience but have heard the guy in Ballyneety is excellent. He has been mentioned on similar threads here before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

I had a previously welded alloy repaired by him to fix a porous weld. He did a far superior weld on the alloy, the previous ones look like they were just tacked on over the metal whereas his weld has filled the gap and been ground flat.

It's far from invisible, but it's only seen when the wheel is off the car as it's on the barrel. It was a cheap job (€30 I think?), but I'm sure he would spend more time and charge accordingly on a newer car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

+1 for Ballyneety, used him myself a few times to straighten out buckled wheels and housemate got a set of alloys completely refurbed out there, really top class job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Skuxx wrote: »
    +1 for Ballyneety, used him myself a few times to straighten out buckled wheels and housemate got a set of alloys completely refurbed out there, really top class job!

Was it expensive to get the buckles fixed? Got a puncture the other day and the guy repairing it said the alloy was buckled so need to get it sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

vkid wrote: »
    Was it expensive to get the buckles fixed? Got a puncture the other day and the guy repairing it said the alloy was buckled so need to get it sorted

Think it was €50 a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I had Collins out in Ballyneety fix a buckle for me a few years ago and had no complaints with their work. A buckle fix is normally around €50 per wheel but a full refurbishment will cost a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Thanks lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

FYI
    Ballyneety tyres owner, John and Wheeldoctor owner, Anthony are brothers.
    I presume Wheeldoctor does all the refurb work for Ballyneety tyres?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Wheel fixed today by http://www.wheelfix.ie/contact-us/

Excellent job - like new. Very pleasant guys working there. Job reasonably priced too. :)

Need to be more careful with my alloys in future!

• Advertisement
Advertisement