Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems getting JWB?

• 09-09-2014 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a shortage of James WellBeloved around? I usually have my girls on the fish and rice one, but the last two times I've gone to get more my usual shop (on the Long Mile Road) hasn't had it and has said they're having problems getting it in. I've switched to Symply Salmon and Potato, which is just as good, but it's the same price an JWB for a smaller bag. I don't drive so I can't really shop around.

Is anyone else having a problem with getting their hands on JWB?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Could you not order it online instead?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

andreac wrote: »
    Could you not order it online instead?
    My first thought as well; delivery to the door, cheaper prices & bigger selection (only problem is that other things such as treats and toys have a tendency to sneak in on the orders as well :o ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Nody wrote: »
    My first thought as well; delivery to the door, cheaper prices & bigger selection (only problem is that other things such as treats and toys have a tendency to sneak in on the orders as well :o ).
    They do that.

I work, so I can't really get stuff delivered because then I have to get to the pick up, and I don't think ParcelMotel have big enough lockers for 15kg of food. I was wondering mainly if other people are finding the same, and then I could rebudget accordingly for the Symply, or if other places have it I'd be able to work out a public transport route that I could take with my trolley to get it.

I used to get a wonderful food delivered by a small Irish company that would use a taxi to drop it at my home of an evening, but they unfortunately went out of business a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Have you tried MaxiZoo? The one in Finglas stocks JWB so I'd assume the rest of them do too?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

You could get it delivered to your work address perhaps? But if you're commuting by public transport, probably a non-runner :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

DBB wrote: »
    You could get it delivered to your work address perhaps? But if you're commuting by public transport, probably a non-runner :o
    Yeah, I am. I work in a secure place too so they wouldn't be able to deliver.

I'm learning to drive soon though, so I'll have more options when I've done that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

kylith wrote: »
    Yeah, I am. I work in a secure place too so they wouldn't be able to deliver.

I'm learning to drive soon though, so I'll have more options when I've done that.
    What about a neighbor or a friend or even parents or the like?

Advertisement