Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extreme ban?

Options
  • 09-09-2014 11:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I received a warning in the rugby championship forum for what I thought was a bit of humour about a rugby player who received a yellow card at the weekend.
    Then after receiving the warning ( yellow card)
    I made a joke underneath it about the warning because it also had to do with a yellow card and I then received a week long ban.
    I think this is unduly harsh as I didn't offend, attack, incite hatred or try to cause confrontation with either of my posts.
    I would appreciate it if you could please review the situation and let me know if i have been treated unfairly.
    Regards
    Philip O'Reilly

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK I'll have a look at this. I presume you have already discussed this with the mod who banned you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Yes I pm'd him almost straight away.
    Thanks.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK

Firstly you should know by now that commenting on mod actions in-thread is simply not acceptable on Boards. If you had an issue with your previous yellow you should have PM'd the mod about it.

On the face of it a 1 week ban seems a little harsh though for that comment - maybe another card of some sort would normally be more appropriate

However I've also had a look at your overall record, both on the site, but particularly in the Rugby forum. Frankly it does not look good. Within the forum prior to this ban, and across 32 posts, you have picked up 3 yellows, 1 red and another ban, all since the beginning of November. Anyone with such a record really should not be surprised if the mods have had enough of the workload they are caused and decide to remove posting privileges for a while. So what's your explanation of all the grief you have caused the mods so far?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I had a look back there myself because to be honest i have trouble remembering yesterday not to mention 10 months ago.
    So I made a comment about Darcy giving head because of his crazy inclusion in the starting 15,
    Which i thought was funny.

I got a guys username wrong and called him a sloth because of my dyslexia, hardly an offensive name even if if was deliberate.

And i got reported for posting spam because there were so many threads relating to the autumn internationals that i posted the starting 15 to face Samoa in all of them.

Hardly a trouble maker or a constant disrupter.

Also i notice we had an exchange of words regarding one of the warnings or bans where you told me you would be looking out for me to see if i caused any more trouble so i guess we'll leave it there as both you and i know you have your mind made up on me.
    Cheers.

Also i notice we had an exchange of words regarding one of the warnings or bans where you told me you would be looking out for me to see if i caused any more trouble so i guess we'll leave it there as both you and i know you have your mind made up on me.
    Cheers.
    I presume this is a reference to PM exchange we had last November when I stated you were clearly a disruptive influence and based on that PM exchange I would be looking out for your behaviour going forward. TBH given your low postcount I had forgotten about that exchange, but I think it clearly confirms you have had more than fair warning about your behaviour and since then you have continued to pick up cards and bans on a frequent basis (based on that postcount).

What I am seeing here is more excuses. I had hoped you would at least have recognised that an improvement is required and perhaps given some assurances over your future behaviour. In the absence of such assurances then you have made this decision very easy and I can see no basis for overturning the ban. I would again warn you about your future behaviour, because with that sort of record you can expect posting privileges to be removed altogether unless there is a significant improvement

• Advertisement
Advertisement