Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Asked for Pin before repairing screen

• 09-09-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

As above, my friend dropped her phone to be repaired in a mobile repair place in Charlestown. She was getting the broken screen replaced. They insisted they needed her pin in order to do this, I didn't think they would need to know her pin for this would they?? She reluctantly gave it, personally I wouldn't have, not that I've anything to hide but I don't like the thought of strangers looking through pics etc

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

How are they going to check if the repair was successful if the screen is locked?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They actually restore the phone back to factory settings and test to make sure the screen is working from what I remember.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

jonny24ie wrote: »
    They actually restore the phone back to factory settings and test to make sure the screen is working from what I remember.

Apple probably do that but not the local lads. I was asked for my pin recently. Had no issue giving it. I assumed it was for test purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

I thought they would be just able to check by using the home/ on off button. Never mind i just wondered because I wasn't asked when I got my own fixed in Parnell street. Thanks for the replies!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Apple asked for my pin recently while repairing my speaker in Belfast. The lock screen Pin, not my sim pin btw.
    The other option was to turn off my pin request while they were working on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement