Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Three Four 24 for Blood Bike West

• 09-09-2014 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭

2 Friends and myself are doing the Iron Butts Compass Gold 1000 miles for Blood Bike West. October 25th

Leaving Clifden we heard to Malin Head, then across to Burr Point, then down to Cork for Brow Head and up to Kerry for Dunmore Head. Before heading back to Clifden, all in 24 hours or less

Route:
    Screenshot2014-09-09121143.png

Live tracking will be at https://share.delorme.com/thecivvie which will go live 1 minute before we leave. I will also be sending messages to the map which will appear as a link

Donations via the idonate page http://www.idonate.ie/compassforbbw

Facebookers https://www.facebook.com/compassforbbw

Please help support this good cause

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ouch! Iron butt indeed! I did a bit of a round Ireland trip and we did 12/13 hours each day and by the second day I was in serious pain. Moreso on the arms and back than the ass and legs though. I was on a sportsbike though and we we also did mostly little roads than motorways. Still I was in serious pain. 24 hours on the bike, and Google does not include stops! Fair play to you!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

This will be my 3rd Iron Butts, already having done the Saddle Sore 1000, the Circuit of Ireland with serious3. I tend to find that google can be up to 2 hours longer than expected, it builds in traffic delays that don't affect bikes ;) It is a good cause and hopefully we may make it an annual event

Just to add some fun to it, if a €100 donation comes in, I am going to shave the locks

10565196_10152741703782787_8613743667508625257_n.jpg

Donation of €100 received via another forum. Totally appreciate it. Serious3 is on his way over with a chainsaw to remove the locks.

Remember folks all money goes direct to Blood Bike West, a fantastic cause.

One of Blood Bike West's bike's is named after Serious3's daughter Sophie. So as you see BBW is a cause close to our hearts

8E7CF537-6FBB-4CC7-8E7E-73E667D43284.jpg

Half way point. Please like the Facebook page and help us support this great cause

• Advertisement

Please remember to like, share and support https://www.facebook.com/compassforbbw raising funds for Blood Bike West

17 days till we set off folks. Please help us support Blood Bike West by donating at http://www.idonate.ie/mobile/fundraiser/31966_vincent-knight-s-fundraising-page.html
    Live tracking via my Delorme inReach SE will be at https://share.delorme.com/thecivvie

1377297_10152826417782787_3348091642624280135_n.jpg?oh=70ba91277c6adb6075cfa5639f3d7c0e&oe=54AD3BFC&__gda__=1421552873_764f8cbe20d9ca77da5adff1043487eb

Serious3 had issues on the trip to Spain. Hopefully he won't suffer similar ones on the trip around Ireland :eek:

9 days till the off. Please donate online at http://www.idonate.ie/fundraiser/31966_vincent-knight-s-fundraising-page.html

Anyone who wants to join along for a bit can do, just use the tracker 2 posts above

Less than a week to go. Please donate as Blood Bike West is a great cause, as are all the blood bike groups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Sean -put the how to donate info on your FB page - there's nothing there atmo.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

On the 3,4 in 24 Facebook there is a link on the left hand side that brings you to my idonate page.

thecivvie wrote: »
    9 days till the off. Please donate online at http://www.idonate.ie/fundraiser/31966_vincent-knight-s-fundraising-page.html

Anyone who wants to join along for a bit can do, just use the tracker 2 posts above

Here ya go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

serious3 wrote: »
    Here ya go!

done already !!

Ah, duh, just see the link on l.h. side of the FB page now.......duh !! ah well.... :pac: :pac:

I think you can put a 'sticky' post on the timeline with the link too, though.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

I do hope to send pics via my instagram account thecivvie http://instagram.com/thecivvie

Created a Spotwalla https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=ba305446a58d664d7 for the trip. Sadly cannot emded into boards :rolleyes:

Heading off in about 45mins, Its a bit windy out west!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Bon voyage.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

Did i see you lad's heading over the barness more gap today man it was a bad day for it felt sorry for the lad at the back he was holding on for grim death hope you make it down home safe .

.17hmr wrote: »
    Did i see you lad's heading over the barness more gap today man it was a bad day for it felt sorry for the lad at the back he was holding on for grim death hope you make it down home safe .

We went over Malin yesterday evening, jazz it was savage. Driving rain, storm force winds and sleet. Was not a day to be on a bike. We did the next 2 points but going to Dunmore Head it became obvious to us that it would not be safe to continue so head for Clifden and we did around the 1000 mile mark anyway.

We plan to do another one soon, again for Blood Bike West.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It was windy in Dublin today, can't imagine what it was like in the west

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

thecivvie wrote: »
    We went over Malin yesterday evening, jazz it was savage. Driving rain, storm force winds and sleet. Was not a day to be on a bike. We did the next 2 points but going to Dunmore Head it became obvious to us that it would not be safe to continue so head for Clifden and we did around the 1000 mile mark anyway.

We plan to do another one soon, again for Blood Bike West.

Fair play to you all it's a hell of a run but for a good cause let's hope the next outing is more favourable for you .

Cienciano wrote: »
    It was windy in Dublin today, can't imagine what it was like in the west

I had not seen the weather advisories for wind along the western coastal areas. Think we would still have attempted it anyway. Serious3 and Piotr (not on here) will be sorting out next year's one but I am away on my little trip :D

next years? :eek: midsummers day methinks!

Advertisement