Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many level 3 modules do you need in a Joint Major

Options
  • 09-09-2014 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

I'm required to do one level 3 core module in order to get my degree, but do I need to do another 4 from level 3 or can I pick a few more level 2s? This is Economics btw. Ive already done
    European Economy
    Econ History
    Urban and Regional Transport
    Macro 1(Core
    and have to do Stats and Micro 1 which are both level 2.

Think I did one too many Level 2's, have I? It should be 5 right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Out of all your credits (180 over 3 years), 100 credits must be level 2 or over. Of those 100 credits, 40 must be taken at Level 3.

More Info here

Be aware that Economics and your other subject may have additional rules: Within economics the rule for Level 3 options is this:
    Students must take at least 3 of the Level 3 Options listed and must take at least 1 of the Level 2 Options listed. The remaining credits can be taken from either Level 2 or Level 3 Options lists

If you have already done one of the level 3 modules, you don't have to take another level 3 to replace it. You will have two more Level 3 modules to take in Economics to meet their ruling. They require that you take 15 credits in Level 3 modules, so you make up the rest (25) in either this subject or your other choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Very informative thanks, so basically I have to do my do core level 2 subjects(Advanced Micro and Macro) then an option module, which would be 15 credits. So I can choose one more level 2 module?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Very informative thanks, so basically I have to do my do core level 2 subjects(Advanced Micro and Macro) then an option module, which would be 15 credits. So I can choose one more level 2 module?

Well, I don't know how many L2's you have completed but this is the basic minimum you should have:

(1st year = 60 credits L1)

Remaining 2 years credits = 120
    20 credits at L1 (assuming you are using Level 1 for electives)
    60 credits at L2
    40 credits at L3 (need this amount for degree compliance)

BTW, not seeing a core for Economics Level 3, just a list of options, unless you were told otherwise by the department.

Advertisement