Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My next 2 tattoo ideas and looking for some help/advice

Options
  • 09-09-2014 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Currently on tattoo number 3 (getting it finished in two weeks time) and already have my ideas for numbers 4 and 5. Hoping to get both of these finished or at least began by the end of the year. I got my first tattoo in December 2013.

Anyway I am thinking of a half sleeve and I want to encorporate pictures of Gizmo from Gremlins, ET and the vampire from Salems Lot. These three characters are the ones I loved growing up. Anyway just wondering if there are any websites out there where I could upload these pictures and it would generate a number of designs that I could look at?

My other tattoo idea is to get a large tree on my back with some of the branches/leaves coming around my ribs and also over my shoulders. Again I am looking for some websites where I can see different ones and get some ideas.

I am CRAP at drawing so I relying on magazines/internet and you good people for some inspiration in picking something I really like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

You could use paint.net or GIMP (no really) to up the contrast / de-colour the images to see what they would look like grayscale.

I used to take a pic of the area (arm) and then superimpose images on there to gauge.

Google Images, flickr, DeviantArt (ensure you have the permission to use someone's design if they drew it up themselves! I messaged a guy on there to see if I could pay him for the use of it. I'd rather give the original artist credit than just blatantly steal the image. That's just me.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

GIMP ???? Love it :) Thanks for that info. I will definately check those sites out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Would you not just go to a good Artist tell them your idea and let them draw it up?

Most artists will want to tweak it anyway at a minimum and most prefer being let do there own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Would you not just go to a good Artist tell them your idea and let them draw it up?

Most artists will want to tweak it anyway at a minimum and most prefer being let do there own thing.

Yeah I could do that. I suppose I was thinking though of trying to do up a few different designs and see what I like from that and then bring it to my tattoo guy for him to tweak it.

Advertisement