Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please clarify when I may switch without penalty

Options
  • 09-09-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

I am confused about what date I may switch from Electric Ireland without any penalties being applied.

I signed up online to DualSaver on 05/11/2013 and received an email from Electric Ireland.
    Network readings for gas and electricity were taken on 09/11/2013
    I received a "Welcome to Electric Ireland" email on 27/11/2013.
    I called Electric Ireland today 09/09/2014 and was told that I can not switch before 31st December 2014 if I want to avoid any penalties. 

My impression was that I should be able to switch on or after 05/11/2014 (i.e. a year after I signed up) but there is some confusing terminology (see below) in the "Price Plan Information & Terms and Conditions" from the email on 27/11/2013 and also the phrase "Your price plan discount will be fixed from the date of sign up until 31st December 2014" in this email of 27/11/2013.

1/Please clarify from what date may I switch without penalty 
    2/ or if I stay with EI when/how I can resign up online for the best tariff

Thanks,

Jazthedribbler
    (Apologies if this is clear to you or others but my brain must operate in a different way than most!)

"
    • Your discounts will be fixed from the date you sign up
    for this price plan (or agree on the telephone or online
    to sign up) for the remainder of that calendar month
    and will continue for a minimum of 12 months (“Term”).
    • If you discontinue your electricity and/or gas Direct
    Debit for any reason before the end of your price plan
    term we will move you to the relevant Electric Ireland 
    Standard Price Plan and withdraw all electricity and 
    gas discounts, including any optional discounts. 
    • If you cease to take electricity and/or natural gas
    from Electric Ireland before the end of your price plan
    term we will move you to the relevant Electric Ireland 
    Standard Price Plan and withdraw all electricity and 
    gas discounts, including any optional discounts and 
    apply a €50 (incl. VAT) exit fee to your gas account.
    "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi jazthedribbler,

We would be happy to look into this on your behalf and clear up any confusion.

In order for us to fully investigate your query we need to take a look at your account. Can you please confirm via private message your full name, contact telephone number, address and account number? You will also need to confirm you are the registered account holder. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife M

Advertisement