Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car radio installer

Options
  • 09-09-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hey
    Anybody know of someone in the balbriggan area who can install a car radio for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

I'm sure the staff in the Motor Factors shop on Chapel Street [Ph 841 7136] could point you in the right direction

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

If you wanted to travel to swords you could try Halfords in Airside

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Splinter wrote: »
    If you wanted to travel to swords you could try Halfords in Airside

Thanks for the replys
    I rang halfords and they said it would be €60.bit steep as I got a radio replaced for €25 a while back

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Thanks for the replys
    I rang halfords and they said it would be €60.bit steep as I got a radio replaced for €25 a while back

It's actually a fairly straight forward job to do yourself, I've done it and I'm not mechanically minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Ye was gonna give it a go today.ive changed a few over the years but they where a simple connect and play.
    The one I have now looks like it might need a connector as it doesn't look comparable with the cars connector

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

on newer cars its just a bunch of colour coded connectors and the connector block can only go in one way. you might need to get some form of adapter that converts from one conenctor to another but you'll probably get those online.

if its a straight forward swap where you dont need an adapter then it should be a case of just unscrewing the old one, disconnecting it and then connecting and screwing in the new one. the only thing you might have to get is a cover for the hole in the dash if the new radio is smaller than the old and your dealership should be able to supply one of those or you could source online also.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Ye was gonna give it a go today.ive changed a few over the years but they where a simple connect and play.
    The one I have now looks like it might need a connector as it doesn't look comparable with the cars connector

Halfords will have them or you can get them online for about a third of what halfords charge

Advertisement