Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doyouspain

Options
  • 09-09-2014 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys, So I'm having a lot of hassle getting a refund from the car hire company doyouspain, emails are not working, calls are not working, I need to know who they answer too, as in there regulator? So I can make a complaint to try get my money back. Bit of help would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Good luck. I tried to get a refund from this crowd a few years ago and hit a brick wall. They didn't reply to e mails or answer the phone. There is no way to contact them. I think they are based in Spain so if you wanted to go down the regulator route then maybe a Spanish equivalent of the consumer agency would be able to help although you would probably have to conduct all dealings with them in Spanish.

Dealing with these jokers and plenty of others who have outlets at Spanish airports has led me to only go with a reputable supplier in Spain now. These companies lure people in with cheap deals initially then add on 100`s of euro in charges once you pick up and return the car. Some I was looking at this year were priced at €12 for 4 days but when you added all the extras as listed in the t+c`s it added up to well over €100.

This year in Malaga I got a car with Sixt for €101 all in. I had already online checked in, strolled up to the desk all done and dusted in about 5 minutes. The return was just as easy. No added charges or nasty surprises on my credit card when I got home.

The queues for the other less known companies were at least 20 long as lots of people book these so called cheap deals without doing some research into added costs. They then then spend forever trying to get out of these charges and are arguing with the clerks behind the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved from our Travel forum to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

Try the Ireland office of the European Consumer Centre, they should be able to help you: www.eccireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You might also be able to investigate a credit card chargeback, if the carhire company isn't responding.

TBH, it's stories like this that mean I always book with a proper hire car company. I've used Hertz for years and have never had an issue (touch wood).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Have booked with them many times with no hassle. In fact because of their no quibble cancellation policy I regularly book and pay then cancel and rebook if they have a cheaper price a day later. Money is always back on my card within a couple of days.

Did it 3 times alone this summer.

In relation to cancelling a booking it's usually as simple as logging in and clicking a cancel button.

These guys generally always work out cheapest for me by far. Extra charges such as fuel and fully comp insurance apply to all car hire companies. The extra insurance is optional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

Open a European Small Claim against them. It costs €25. I've done it before to successfully make a claim against a car hire firm. They'd probably rather just pay your claim than incur the legal costs to oppose it, if there are any grounds at all to your complaint.

Advertisement