Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get accreditation for talk/lecture

• 09-09-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how you can get credit (or something citable) when giving a talk or lecture? Just writing down:
    "I did a talk in UCC on renewable energy. There's nothing to prove it; please take my word; or ring X, who wasn't actually present, but knew that I was down to speak"
    doesn't seem great. If you aren't listed in a publicly available document how do you go about getting credit for such?

Note: I'm asking this in advance of such a talk.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

If you have been invited to speak at a conference or something - then just put in your CV that you were an invited speaker at the event. No-one is going to be bothered checking the details of talks. I've certainly never heard of someone "getting credit" for giving a talk. You give a talk to publicize your work, get feedback and network with attendees rather than for credit (unless its part of some coursework for uni or something)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭893bet

It depends on that the talk was.

If you were a keynote speaker or similar at a conference then by all means put it on CV.

If you are/were a post graduate student and your supervisor invited you to give a lecture on your research to one of his undergraduate classes then I wouldnt include it personally.

Advertisement