Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festivals 2015 - which ones are you doing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Vantastival in May
    Electric Picnic in Sept (tickets bought :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I'm kinda thinking of going to SXSW in 2015, has any boardies been before?

I've been to Austin a few years ago and loved the place so looking for a good excuse to go back there. I know its not a music festival in the typical sense but just wondering it is good craic or is it just an over-hyped hipster gathering?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i looked into it before and i remember the tickets being ridiculously expensive. most of the people i know/know of who have gone have had it paid for by work, or gone for work-related reasons.

e: http://sxsw.com/attend - currently $695 (€544) for a music-only ticket. goes up $30 in 4 days....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Yeah I have to agree with Primavera. It's my favourite one. Great city and weather. Best line up for my tastes. Going to do http://www.optimusprimaverasound.com/?lang=en instead next year though.

Also Sziget is a great set up, really relaxed. And quick train from Budapest so no need for camping if you don't want to.

And the Berlin Festival. http://www.berlinfestival.de/en/live.html Gigs go on into the night in clubs around Berlin and your in Berlin anyway so lots to do in that space!

Think its definitely worth making the trip to Europe instead of the Irish ones. Pretty much guaranteed the weather and Primavera is great as it starts so late and goes on into the night. No crazy queues for drink. And they have a couple of events in a park in Barcelona too where you can chill out with some 1Eur cans of beer in the sun. For me its the best thing ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Fugs!!

We were planning on glasto but no joy on tickets and I'm not waiting until April so bbk in bilbao instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

i looked into it before and i remember the tickets being ridiculously expensive. most of the people i know/know of who have gone have had it paid for by work, or gone for work-related reasons.

e: http://sxsw.com/attend - currently $695 (€544) for a music-only ticket. goes up $30 in 4 days....

Sweet Jesus, I was not expecting that! Cheers for the info.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Bloc.

Sitting in a tent in **** weather is for *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

I did a LOAD this year. Possibly too many. I'm feeling the festival fatigue BIG TIME. I nearly feel like I need to take a sabbatical from work to recover.

I follow my favourite bands around so it really depends on the line ups...but will definately be going to ArcTanGent and not as a volunteer either!

Also almost definitely doing Knockan Stockan. Considering keeping all my holidays and going down beforehand to do art work on it as that's what I really love to do.

On that note...I always felt like the Boards festie folk should have had a lift sharing thread...what do ye think? Environmentally friendly and all that jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Since I missed out on Glastonbury I think I'll wait till the returned ticket sale and try again. If not I'll probably head to Reading.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ep, leeds, glasto, latitude, boomtown fair, and possibly if line up is goond kubana for an adventure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Mrcher

I'm deffo going to Sziget again. Been to Primavera and Sziget this year and I enjoyed the latter one so much more. Although the line-up was good at Primavera, I found it severely lacking of festival atmosphere. No camping, nothing to do besides watching concerts, expensive food and beer, no party vibe at all... I guess it's just not my kind of festival. Barcelona was nice though, but so is Budapest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Bloodstock for me and the missus (Derbyshire, UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Body & Soul and Electric Picnic without a doubt. First time at B&S this year and absolutely loved it. So relaxed and it's just a wonderful environment.

Hoping to go travelling in July but if not I probably will go to Knockanstockan again. Super friendly crowd and it's the perfect size. Would definitely go to Longitude if the line up was as good as this year.

Would love to check out Life, have never been! And I can't see myself going to Forbidden Fruit or Samhain again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lucifer31 wrote: »
    Bloodstock for me and the missus (Derbyshire, UK).

Tempted, line-up shaping up nicely even though I'm surprised at Within Temptation headlining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

After Sunday's gig I will be going to whatever festival manages to get Future Islands back over here.

Anyone any idea where they could end up? I know they were promoted by Harmonic/Foggy notions so does that mean Forbidden Fruit or maybe an Iveagh gardens show? Hopefully one of those and then headline a tent at electric picnic and i'm a happy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Rock Werchter is something that's a possibility, myself and some of my friends are planning a holiday around that time, myself and one of them feel like the others are going to drop out on the plans, so, we've agreed if that happens, we're going to go to Rock Werchter, as he has a relative that lives in Brussels, so we'll have free accommodation for the remainder of the week. Longitude is another one that's a possibility, I wasn't pushed at all on the line ups the last two years, and I doubt that'll change next year, but I'll happily go if my friends want to, just for the festival experience and an excuse to have a 3 day bender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Mrcher wrote: »
    I'm deffo going to Sziget again. Been to Primavera and Sziget

are the Hungarians good craic?
    who did you fly with ?
    Did you stay on site or go with any apartment?
    Would you recommend going for the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tempted by the new German ones, or Austria ones. Green Hell/Rockaaria/Rock in Ienna

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Nailed on:
    EP for the 7th time - tix already bought
    Body and Soul - been the last 3 years, no reason not to go again, love it...

After that, contenders are...

Life (never been before, may go if line-up is as good as last year)
    Primavera (maybe the Portugal one, been to Barca once before)
    Wilderness in UK (never been before, they have babysitters!!!)
    Would love to go to one Irish festival I haven't been to before so if I don't go to Life than maybe Castlepalooza or something like that...
    Also, have never made it to any BeatYard events - would like to have a crack at doing that in May assuming it's on again

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Twigehh

My plan as of now is:

Life Festival
    Balaton Sound - Hungary
    Audio river - Poland
    Ozora - Hungary
    Lost Theory - Croatia
    B.My.Lake - Hungary
    Dimensions - Croatia
    Electric Picnic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I will be attending all festivals this year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Has anyone ever been to Dekmantel in Amsterdam? Line up looked good last year but not much information on their website at the moment, didn't think it was camping but I saw something about a camping pass, can anyone confirm what the story is regarding camping/accommodation? I wonder how quickly would tickets sell out, no idea what the capacity is but it doesn't sound like a huge festival so I imagine they would go pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

did optimus Alive last year and doing it again this year the most chilled out I've ever been at a festival decent line up last year shaping up even better this year cheap as chips compared to irish festivals

ep mainly because its 5 mins away every year i say not bothered and every year i go

Killarney Festival of Music & Food will more than likely be my third decent looking line up and my sister went to west port last year and loved it so ill give it a go on her recomendation

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Has anyone ever been to Dekmantel in Amsterdam? Line up looked good last year but not much information on their website at the moment, didn't think it was camping but I saw something about a camping pass, can anyone confirm what the story is regarding camping/accommodation? I wonder how quickly would tickets sell out, no idea what the capacity is but it doesn't sound like a huge festival so I imagine they would go pretty quickly.

Haven't been before but definitely want to do it this year, last year you could buy a camping ticket (€30) on top of your festival ticket which allows you to camp from the Thursday-Monday, the campsite is a 20 minute walk from the festival site, I think they also have chalets to rent in the campsite also. Line-up is just out today, very impressive start. Heading to DGTL in Amsterdam in April so will have to start scrapping together for this one. ?type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Haven't been before but definitely want to do it this year, last year you could buy a camping ticket (€30) on top of your festival ticket which allows you to camp from the Thursday-Monday, the campsite is a 20 minute walk from the festival site, I think they also have chalets to rent in the campsite also. Line-up is just out today, very impressive start. Heading to DGTL in Amsterdam in April so will have to start scrapping together for this one. ?type=1&theater

Yeah line up is looking good but not as good as last years IMO, tickets go on sale tomorrow I'm hoping they don't sell out too quickly because I'm still trying to decide whether to go or not. €30 for camping isn't too bad, tickets for the Friday - Monday are only €110 or so as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Yeah line up is looking good but not as good as last years IMO, tickets go on sale tomorrow I'm hoping they don't sell out too quickly because I'm still trying to decide whether to go or not. €30 for camping isn't too bad, tickets for the Friday - Monday are only €110 or so as far as I know.

Got the pre-sale link, it is about €125 for the weekend ticket and now camping is gone up to €42, still not bad.

Advertisement