Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the most relaxing instrumental piece of music?

Options
  • 09-09-2014 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Is this the most relaxing instrumental piece of music?

This is Erik Satie - Gymnopédie. I personally love this instrumental piece. It seems to played a lot on TV shows and movies where a character is in deep reflection. What do you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

This was my first encounter with that particular piece of music, I've always had a soft spot for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Very good, but prefer a bit of Arvo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

For pure relaxment I find it hard to look beyonf Philip Glass' Metamorphorsis No.2. Its perhaps a faster tune in some parts than the other two listed so far but I love it because at several stages during the song the melody fools you into believing it is about to be resolved but then he goes off in another direction. Which results in the piece building up tension inside you as it remains unresolved , with hsi left hand playing this suspensful tune all the way through. When it does finally get resolved the built up tension and suspense is finally released and there is something very relaxing and satisfying about the conclusion.

Best listened to lying down, with headphones on and your eyes closed. A remarkable journey across the piano by one of the modern greats.

Advertisement